Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the ToT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Recruiting!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Recruiting!
Apply as a Social member
All are welcome to apply
 For those of you who also thought Kael shouldn't have been made a bad guy

March 06, 2008, 12:56:14 am
Read 4470 times

kawe

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/03/05/why-is-kael-a-bad-guy/

Basically this article summed up what I've been thinking about the subject since we found out Kael was going to be a boss encounter in Burning Crusade.

They really did just toss his WC3 TFT characterisation out the window in WoW, it's a real shame. Could easily have been a very cool hero character to have taken part in the events leading up to killing Illidan, and more importantly the events in WoTLK. Kael has every reason to really hate Arthas, and it could have been cool to see that play out.

Alas...

In a linked article, of similar interest...
http://www.wowinsider.com/2007/07/24/killing-off-the-horde-and-their-heroes/

re; that 2nd link, cba to click? Here's the bit I liked especially
"There's only one thing for it-- as players suggest, we should be allowed to kill a corrupted Malfurion Stormrage in the Emerald Dream expansion. No arguing now-- let's say he's gone insane from fighting the Nightmare and he's got to be put down. We need an instance full of Night Elves to kill over and over again. Oh, and while we're at it, let's have Arthas bring Uther back as a Scourge, and kill him, too! And what's the King of Stormwind up to-- isn't time he died, too?"
I'd so dearly love an instance full of night elves to slaughter.

No, wailing caverns doesn't begin to count, on account of having too many non-NE enemies, and for being crappy in general :)

March 06, 2008, 01:17:36 am
Reply #1

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

With tragedy after tragedy falling upon him, it's not surprising that he eventually breaks.  He may even think that, because he's been shunned by the Alliance (and presumably the Horde) for working with Lady Vashj, that his only recourse is to try to get some sort of sunwell action going on, to restore his people (sunwell -> magical energy -> restoration for his people). 

The constant references to his 'plan' seem to suggest to me that he's not actually working for the burning legion, but they seem to be the only ones actually helping him out.  And, over time, they may have corrupted him and/or the things he's had to do for his people have pushed him over the edge.  It's not like he's actually evil, he's just at odds with the current goals of the Alliance and the Horde.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

March 06, 2008, 10:19:08 am
Reply #2

Offline Myogoblin

• Guild Member

• LOLEXECUTE!

We get to kill Night elves? well i'm defo coming back now.

March 06, 2008, 10:48:23 am
Reply #3

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

He's a blood elf, so I'm happy that I get my chance of killing him in the 5-man on sunwell plateau.

And what Daekesh posted is right, he's been put in a corner, he's at odds with the horde and the alliance, his alliance with Illidan seems to have failed him, so he just teamed up with the last remaining option, the burning legion.
Trolls are awesome!

March 06, 2008, 03:00:02 pm
Reply #4

kawe

Well, he's kind of been portrated as evil from the get-go in WoW.

Or at the very least, his character was complex, as with Illidan, wheras in WoW they've just been simplified down to "megalomaniac" types with little more depth than that.

Don't forget if it hadn't been for Malfurion interfering, Illidan would have destroyed northrend and removed the greatest threat to Azeroth. But nooooo, Malfurion is all thick and "omg u r deemans cnat be guud".

I can't wait to stab up Malfurion in the Emerald Dream, if we ever get the chance. Though it's a shame we don't get Tyrande as a 'proper' raid boss. She's even worse than he is!

March 06, 2008, 05:53:21 pm
Reply #5

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

i started paying less attention to lore when TBC came out well before it came out actualy mainly because i read the eredar lore
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 07:29:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

263 Guests, 0 Users