Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the ToT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Recruiting!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Recruiting!
Apply as a Social member
All are welcome to apply
 and the best battleground is...

March 06, 2008, 06:21:42 pm
Read 5567 times

forker

and the best battleground is...
« on: March 06, 2008, 06:21:42 pm »
EYE OF THE STORM!

Well I want you to rate your BG:s and say which one is best for premade and pug. Don't mention AV in premade as you can't really do it with the current version of AV until 2.4. I know the old AV:s with a premade was awesome but that's not what I want to discuss here.

Pug:
1. Eye of the Storm - because a long game in EOTS is not really that long. It's also much better honor then a win in AB or WSG. The mix between flag capping and holding bases is awesome and gives the BG different playstyles, you can either cap the flag, defend or hold bases. Like a healthy mix between AB and WSG.
2. Alterac Valley - Pretty good but can be pretty retarded too. Usually quick, probably the best honor but still too "PvE oriented"
3. Arathi Basin - Can be stupidly long and not very nice honor.
4. Warsong Gulch - Just sucks.

Premade:
1. Eye of the Storm - Same reasons as above.
2. Arathi Basin - Probably the fastest one to win but still not as nice honor as EOTS.
3. Warsong Gulch - Still the worst honor and the most horrible BG to play. Remove this BG in WOTLK please!

At first I didnt like EOTS very much. I really don't know why. I felt like it was long and poor honor I think but now with recent groups it's actually really nice and pleasant to play and ontop of that Horde wins!

Horde has a good win rate on EOTS and around 50/50 in AB from what I've seen, I've never seen the end of a pug WSG so can't really say.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 09:28:17 pm by forker »

March 06, 2008, 06:33:35 pm
Reply #1

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

Re: and the best battle ground is...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 06:33:35 pm »
Best bg is /g.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

March 06, 2008, 08:17:13 pm
Reply #2

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

Re: and the best battle ground is...
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 08:17:13 pm »
My list:

Pick up groups:

1. Arathi Basin - The best place to get some nice 2v1 action, best working concept, in my opinion, anyway :)
2. Alterac Valley - Slowfall, dots, a casters paradise, you also might end up with a crapload of honor, which is allways nice.
3. I'm not really sure.. both EOTS and WSG have games that are AWESOME, but there are just so much frustration going on when we for example start eots with 8 players (which is the real deal these days.. ), and WSG with retards that don't wanna do anything for the team.

Premades!

1. Definetly Arathi Basin - Allways loved this as premade, with people just reacting and watching the flag, this is a proper 5 min 5-0 game bg of major win :D
2. EOTS - Mini AV when you zerg with a premade, lotta fun, lotta honor.
3. WSG - possibly 2nd, but that requires a awesome druid with 2-3 awesome healers.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

March 06, 2008, 09:58:38 pm
Reply #3

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

Re: and the best battleground is...
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 09:58:38 pm »
EOTS fails due to the method of capturing a point. I hate things that trickle over.
Give a flag or a NPC to kill instead of standing at a spot like a tard watching a bar move in my direction.

WSG all the way with a nice premade vs a premade
Then AV with a 5 man grp doing ninja defense, that rocks hard.

March 06, 2008, 10:47:12 pm
Reply #4

forker

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 10:47:12 pm »
Well I find it a bit retarded that they made it so that stealth classes are so good in AB. I mean just sap someone that's capping when it's close to done and re-stealth. I don't like that.

I can understand WSG premades back in the days but now when you can choose from a wide range of bg:s and even as a premade you do know that WSG still gives the least honor?

EOTS is probably just second on how much honor it gives as I think AV is better but it's certainly not bad. It's much more entertanining as you can just slaughter people in the middle. :)

The "ninja defense" as I see it is still just a way to produce stupidly long games ;).

March 06, 2008, 11:17:07 pm
Reply #5

kawe

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 11:17:07 pm »
Eots fails for being so aesthetically boring. Purple is the new grey.

proper post later.

March 07, 2008, 06:20:21 am
Reply #6

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 06:20:21 am »
When it comes to pugs only "enjoyable" is AV, other pug BGs are really stressfull for me, too many retards.

When it comes to premades my favorite is WSG followed by AB and EoS comes as last, mostly cause of mage exploit that pissed me off badly.

Yesterday we talked about 10 man arenas in /g, Dell had idea of rated WSG and I sooooo want that, really!

March 07, 2008, 08:39:25 am
Reply #7

Offline Lobby

• Former Member

• Oh snap what the hell?!?

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 08:39:25 am »
PuG's:
AV
EOTS
AB
WSG

Premades:

WSG
AB
EOTS
AV(that is going to be #1 when 2.4 hits)

March 07, 2008, 09:44:25 am
Reply #8

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 09:44:25 am »
Premades:

AB > WSG > EOTS

Pugs:

AB > EOTS > AV > WSG

EOTS has the best gameplay, but it's just so ugly and purple and purple and purple and purple and purple and I want to vomit when I see it.

AB looks nice, and gives the oppurtunities for small scale pvp action, which is what I like best.
Trolls are awesome!

March 07, 2008, 11:05:38 am
Reply #9

Offline Myogoblin

• Guild Member

• LOLEXECUTE!

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 11:05:38 am »
Man you people are just not twink fans or what?

The best is my lvl 29 warrior twinked to the max in WSG. Why? Because its a slaughter of beauty. You have far less skills and abilities to have to worry about and can really just enjoy the fun. Especially when you meet other twinks in battle.

As my high chars I would have said any pre-made vs random or pug vs pug. pug vs premade is a waste of time and I really grow tired of just getting slaughtered in a pug and end up not doing anything other than looking out for myself and killing people in the field sodding the rules.

Also i have to say World PvP in general wins over the bg's its never expected and even when it is Nagrand is gorgeous.

March 07, 2008, 12:29:50 pm
Reply #10

forker

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 12:29:50 pm »
Smor that exploit is fixed since ages ago. In the beginning Taurens could use flying mounts in BG:s so I could fly in AB to cap 2-3 bases before the gates for the alliance even opened :)

March 07, 2008, 08:00:52 pm
Reply #11

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 08:00:52 pm »
I know its fixed but it lasted waaaaaaaaaaaay too long, I'd say long enough for me to utterly hate it.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 09:16:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

293 Guests, 0 Users