Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the ToT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Recruiting!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Recruiting!
Apply as a Social member
All are welcome to apply
 A or B Team Warlock Application

September 27, 2009, 09:26:33 pm
Read 6256 times

Offline Kheldar

• Vendor Trash

A or B Team Warlock Application
« on: September 27, 2009, 09:26:33 pm »
Personal Information ;

Hello Iron Edge! I'm Barış(pronounced like "barish") and i'm living in Turkey's most crowded city İstanbul. I'm 19 and just graduated from Vocational High School( IT Section). I was supposed to get in university but couldnt make it and I'll try my change next year. Besides that I'm working as a web designer. Not very professional but doing okay =)

Character Information ;

Here's the Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=Ged
This is my first char on Dunemaul and i've been playing for 1.5 years on this realm. My main spec is destro but i like to play aff as well. At the moment my secondary talents are aff for pvping.

Also i got a 80 shammy and 67 lvl warrior and this is my second account.

As you can see i mainly tried to focus on crit and sp.

Raiding ;

About a 1.5 weeks i can raid whenever needed. But after then my classes are due to start and i wont be awaible most day times. Afterwards I'll be available from 18:00 to 02:00

More specific times:

Mondays: Everytime
Tuesdays: Everytime
Wednesdays: Everytime
Thursdays: Everytime
Fridays: Everytime
Saturday: Everytime
Sundays: Everytime

After 8th October :

Mondays: Everytime
Tuesdays: 18:00 to 02:00
Wednesdays: 18:00 to 02:00
Thursdays: 18:00 to 02:00
Fridays: 18:00 to 02:00
Saturday: 18:00 to 02:00
Sundays: 18:00 to 02:00

Gaming  Background  and World Of Warcraft history ;

I have been playing online games since 2003. But my interest in gaming stuff(like atari,PS... ) goes untill my childhood years. I was pulled into MMORPG world by Ragnarok aka RO. I and my bros were hanging in internet cafes, playing Half Life ,CS and W3 at those times. But someday a new boy came to our cafe and brought a new game. We saw that guy playing  RO and we thus started  playing RO. I played RO about 2 years with some breaks. Meantime I met with DotA and got addicted to it. We created a team with our friends. Joined serious tournamets and won couple in our city. But afterwards i got sick and was almost going to die and had to stay in hospital about a month. Hereby in some ways i got forced to quit RO. Actually i did want to quit. So i sold my character with a silly price. Then i started playing  Silk Road. I played it about 5-6 months made a good character and sold it with a good price. But therebouts i was always seeing someone playing  WoW around the city. I had a sympathy to Warcraft because of W3 game. I was bit by bit getting pulled into WoW.
During those times i was playing online Dota in a Turkish server called Wepla. I met this guy, Jouvart(aka Exhume by some people as an aggresive raid leader :P ) while playing DotA. He made me start to WoW. He had 42 lvl Dw0rf Hunter when i started. Since then we've been playing together.
I started WoW just before TBC came out. And I've been playing since then ( except if we don't count some long term breaks because of critical real life issues ) My first character was a Noam lock. I started serious raiding with it in a realm called Skullcrusher. And my first raiding guild was "Watch and Learn" which is i'm not even sure if still exists. I joined that guild with Jouvart. Then we had some issues with GM and left that guild. Afterwards we joined a guild called Exorcism. We progressed in that guild a lot. But during these times i had a critical real life issue and had to quit wow. I gave my character to a friend. And quitted WoW. After 6 months later i started WoW again. I choosed Dunemaul this time because of all of my friends including Jouvart were migrated here. And i created a warlock again. When i dinged 70 we created a guild called Root with Jouvart.Jouvart was the gm i was the co-gm. We were really fast growing guild. We progressed very fast after it's creation. But one day Exhume didnt show up in raid time and we'were gonna raid BT.  So i started invites and killed first 3 bosses. Then he logged and saw that we were raiding.  He were really pissed because i didnt leave a spot for him and raided without him. He left the guild so we got disbanded.  I gave short break to WoW because of this sadness. Because we really worked hard for that guild and it all got ruined because of silly things. When i started again  we joined a Turkish guild called Redeemer. We progressed till Illidan in that guild. But i couldnt enjoying raiding which isnt under our commands and rules. So i gave a break till Wotlk. When wotlk came out i started WoW again. We tried to create Root again. But most of our old members werent here. So we couldnt succeed. Jou went inactive and  i joined RSR but i didnt like their raiding style. They were too irregular. So i left it. After wandering around guildless about a month I joined Rasta Gaming. But they disbanded the day after i joined... I still dont know why they got disbanded. Afterwards i joined RM and raided with them a while but then something critical came up in my real life and had to be inactive so i got kicked. Then i joined Cataclysm guild which is some sort of continuation Root. But after a while got disbanded because of same reason Root and here i am.
I havent only played lock. I got an alt 80 shammy also i played with my friends' warrior,priest,paladin and druid.
I also got raid leading experince. I leaded some raids in TBC.

Raid Exp :
Pre TBC = None.
TBC = All Content Besides SW.
WOTLK =  Nax 10/25(Cleared)
                EoS 10 ( Cleared )
                OS 10/25 ( Cleared )
                Onxyia 10/25 ( Cleared )
                Ulduar 10/25 ( Couldnt kill Yogg in 10 men and 25 men but know tactics ofc )
                ToC 10(Cleared) / 25 ( Except Anub'arak but have been into fight )
                ToGC 10 ( Been into couple tries at first boss )
                ToGC 25( None)

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?
Iron Edge... First of all I am sick and tired of noobish players. I want to play with skilled and smart players.  I hereafter want to be into serious stuff. And i'm prettty sure i can do this with Iron Edge. Maybe also i could get to better in PvP with you guys. ( I got nice pvp gear; 975 resi )
We had really bad luck about our guilds with Jouvart and i think it's time for us to do some serious stuff. At least for me =) He's already with you guys.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?
A professional gamer. I've played many but many online games which i didnt mention at gaming background part. And I know what it takes to be a gamer. I do everything to qualify my gaming. I know my class very well. I also know this game and it's mechanics very well.

Last words?
As you can see my English is not the best but it's enough to communicate. I also have no problems hearing talking at vent.

Some screen shots of my dps ;

And my gear wasnt upgraded that run.

Ultimately i hope my mate say some good words for me :P

Ty for reading my application.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 09:33:41 pm by Kheldar »
I do, you watch.

September 27, 2009, 09:46:22 pm
Reply #1

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
Re: A or B Team Warlock Application
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 09:46:22 pm »
A DPSer that plays with groups on his screen! No way!

Great application mate. I don't know if we want a warlock at the moment.

Also, your lacking experience/gear might be an issue.

Will let Decayus answer in more detail.

-D
Now I run a tech website.

September 27, 2009, 09:57:49 pm
Reply #2

Offline Kheldar

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 09:57:49 pm »
I dont lack experience as much as i lack gear. But still i know that they are not enough for your standarts. But i got skills to cover those missings.
I do, you watch.

September 27, 2009, 10:01:45 pm
Reply #3

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 10:01:45 pm »
And if you don't have skills... at least you have confidence? :P
Now I run a tech website.

September 27, 2009, 10:07:49 pm
Reply #4

Offline Kheldar

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 10:07:49 pm »
I wouldnt name that confidence but yea we could say that. To have confidence you must have some basis.
I do, you watch.

September 28, 2009, 12:29:09 am
Reply #5

Offline Monstar

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 12:29:09 am »
It's nice that you play with raid frames, but seriusly, using default?, yuk. :-[

And you really havn't done a single Uld hardmode? Even in 10man? How come?

gl on the app :D

September 28, 2009, 12:37:27 am
Reply #6

Offline Kheldar

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 12:37:27 am »
Haha I'm not an addon fan =) Standart UI just works fine and as long as i'm a dps i dont need those fancy frames. Also I've done Flame Leviathan while 2 towers up in 25 man. That's all i got for now. But as i said I know all the tactics. I read and watch videos. I was just really unlucky about finding a proper guild to progress that much.
I do, you watch.

September 28, 2009, 05:36:37 am
Reply #7

Offline Decay

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 05:36:37 am »
Hey Ged, good work on your application, all the relevant stuff is there and some extra is cool too :)

Sadly though, the A Team isn't looking for another warlock at the moment, and I don't think the B Team is either, but Vorte will have to answer for them.

I'd like to ask you a couple of questions regarding your gear.

First, I can see on your armory profile that you have 17.20% hit rating, and on the screenshot you have a moonkin in the raid, that's 20.20% unless you're using a lower hit rating set there, you're effectively wasting 3.20% of your hit rating. You might find yourself in a situation where you have nobody providing the 3% extra hit debuff frequently, but even so you should still have a set for when you do.

Secondly, why gem for crit? If you want to min/max your dps you should fill all your sockets with sp for reds, sp/haste for yellow and sp/spi for blue, this yields the highest dps as those stats have the highest dps value per item budget.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 05:38:46 am by Decay »
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."

September 28, 2009, 06:31:18 am
Reply #8

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 06:31:18 am »
We got 4 stupidly stable warlocks in the B raid, don't think we could fit a 5th  :'(
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

September 28, 2009, 12:45:02 pm
Reply #9

Offline Jouvart

• Former Member

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 12:45:02 pm »
He `is` a good player. Yet again I dont know about raiding spots for warlocks.

September 28, 2009, 12:49:42 pm
Reply #10

Offline Kheldar

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 12:49:42 pm »
Hey Ged, good work on your application, all the relevant stuff is there and some extra is cool too :)

Sadly though, the A Team isn't looking for another warlock at the moment, and I don't think the B Team is either, but Vorte will have to answer for them.

I'd like to ask you a couple of questions regarding your gear.

First, I can see on your armory profile that you have 17.20% hit rating, and on the screenshot you have a moonkin in the raid, that's 20.20% unless you're using a lower hit rating set there, you're effectively wasting 3.20% of your hit rating. You might find yourself in a situation where you have nobody providing the 3% extra hit debuff frequently, but even so you should still have a set for when you do.

Secondly, why gem for crit? If you want to min/max your dps you should fill all your sockets with sp for reds, sp/haste for yellow and sp/spi for blue, this yields the highest dps as those stats have the highest dps value per item budget.

Good luck!

As you said i might find myself in a siutation where nobody providing the extra hit buff and yes i have a set for that. Also I just got this chest. and the one i was using before was lacking bit hit so i needed those set bonuses for cap. i havent updated those gems. even though i wouldnt use sp haste gems on those yellow sockets because i dont need that 30 haste's %1 casting speed increasing. would prefer crit instead.

Thanks for the consideration by the way. Good luck to you guys.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 01:05:50 pm by Kheldar »
I do, you watch.

September 28, 2009, 04:28:37 pm
Reply #11

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 04:28:37 pm »
Vorte is correct, we have too many stable warlocks to bring another one in. Great application, though! But I still have to deny it :/

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 01:11:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

288 Guests, 0 Users