Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the ToT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Recruiting!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Recruiting!
Apply as a Social member
All are welcome to apply
 Restoration Shaman B raid application.

October 30, 2009, 07:15:37 pm
Read 13929 times

Offline Lexmeister

• Former Member

Restoration Shaman B raid application.
« on: October 30, 2009, 07:15:37 pm »
Bonjour Iron Edge,

Personal information

My name is Lex,I am from England in the UK. My main is a Shaman named Lexmeister(Imaginative internet alias is imaginative!) I am currently studying for a Masters degree in Chemistry at University studying pollutants using fricken laser beams. When I'm not studying, I cycle for the local cycling club, tutor school students for their exams and play a bunch of other games(HoN,L4D,DoW2).

Character information

My Shaman Lexmeister is and always has been specced resto. I would currently see my gear as lacking as I have not yet got the triumphs for some of the shinier pieces(which I'm working on). Though, I am reluctant to upgrade to 4xt9 as I love my riptide cd bonus so hard but I'll see how things go when I come to that after chucking in a new trinket.
Gear

Armoury link

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=Lexmeister

Gemming and enchants
I regularly look at my class/spec in elitistjerks.com which helped me gem a little such as my meta gem which is recommended to healers but I take it on board and then gem taking into account the stats which I deem I need in a raid with how I play. I therefore like to have a mix of haste/a bit of Mp5 to keep me ticking over and some spellpower(but not very much).

As for my enchants, it's fairly standard to all healers what enchants we all have so rather than going through them all as there's only one real choice for the pieces(afaik) I will just describe it as I have sp/haste/mp5 enchants in general as they are the stats which matter to me as a restosham.

One improvement I am working on is getting the epic SoH shoulder enchant which will come shortly.

Spec

Link

http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=7&tal=00000000000000000000000000050503300000000000000000000005005301335310501122331251

Firstly, I decided to put my points in the Totemic focus talent as I rarely use Healing Wave in anything but the macro for Tidal Force/Nature's Swiftness/Healing Wave which is instant cast.
Not to sound lazy, but the rest of my spec relies on increased healing through the spells cast in a raid and less mana cost/more mana recovery and go for anything to benefit the raid but when it comes to 25mans I'm a bit meh towards enhanced totems and improved reincarnation as enhancement shammies go for the totems/or ele shammies negate the improved FT. Either way, if its needed I will respec for best raid setup. Any questions are always welcome with respect to any particular talent placement. Pointers are always welcome as I don't get to speak to many other resto shaman in RsR!

Attunements

With RsR, I have cleared Naxx10/25, Maly10/25, Ulduar10 with a bunch of hard modes which are available through my armoury link and ToC10. Unfortunately we were not, as a guild able to complete more content due to a lot of problems with organisation.
Now you may look at my brief and underwhelming attunements and dismiss me as inexperienced. I would say though that I am always willing to listen and know the tactics for every fight I will raid. I have had brief raid leading experience during our hard mode content and learn from my mistakes. I feel it is time now, after leaving RsR to get moving on some hard content as the normal stuff really doesn't stretch me which makes the game boring and I might turn to pvp before long :O.

Raiding times

I am able to raid on any day you would like due to being available every evening. However, I am specifically applying to B raid as I believe I can fit it around my studies well to raid 2/3 a week.^^

Why did I leave my former guild and now aspire to join Iron Edge?

Well, I have been in RsR for some time now. Being an officer has been truly excellent and I can say that I really have enjoyed my time in that guild and the guys are truly ledge.
However, it is time for things to change. I have worked very hard to try and make that guild as good as it can be with Morkraw and the other officers and we have cleared a lot of content which I am proud of. I feel though, that I'm really not getting to the content which keeps me interested often enough in RsR, the hard modes we have done already were legendary but the recoil that hits us when we down one is so immense that it takes us a while to get another one down. People leave, drama ensues and I end up back to square one which is becoming tedious. I would like to be a part of a consistent guild which will have players who listen(no offence to the rsr guys), pay attention to their surroundings and get some good challenging content down.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?

I believe myself to be a mature guy with a sense of humour but knows how to srs bsns when it is needed.I follow raidleaders orders and always believe I can improve. I am commited to turning up to raids on time, flasked, fooded and potioned up!

Srs Bsns

My favourite pokemon is Gyrados because its so damn satisfying to see that useless piece of sh*t magikarp become something so op :O.

Regards,

The Lex.

October 30, 2009, 07:45:29 pm
Reply #1

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
Re: Restoration Shaman B raid application.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 07:45:29 pm »
LEX, IS IT YOU?!
Now I run a tech website.

October 30, 2009, 08:05:32 pm
Reply #2

Offline Lexmeister

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 08:05:32 pm »
I'm not the same Lex you had in IE in Molten core^^, the only reason I know that's most likely what you mean is cos I had a similar conversation with Grilldyret a while back!

October 30, 2009, 08:19:10 pm
Reply #3

Offline Intrinsic

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 08:19:10 pm »
My favourite pokemon is Gyrados because its so damn satisfying to see that useless piece of sh*t magikarp become something so op :O.

Amen!

October 30, 2009, 08:45:54 pm
Reply #4

Offline Sparrowhawk

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 08:45:54 pm »
Whats with the gemming.. pure mp/5?

October 30, 2009, 08:52:18 pm
Reply #5

Offline Lexmeister

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 08:52:18 pm »
Hmm, yeah I would have to say perhaps I overshot it a bit with the mp5 looking over it again. Problem was that in our raids mana would be a real issue for me. In an ideal world I'd like to have some moar haste but as I said earlier...Suggestions are always welcome :D.

October 30, 2009, 08:56:01 pm
Reply #6

Offline Lexmeister

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 08:56:01 pm »
Something else I wanted to mention was about my totem, I also have the steamcallers totem for chain heal but I also used my furious glad depending on the composition of our raids. As for the wrist, in every raid I have done so far...Nothing has been better sob :(

October 30, 2009, 08:56:40 pm
Reply #7

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 08:56:40 pm »
Are you sure you're not the old Lex...?

I can see you have some old activity on the forum.
Now I run a tech website.

October 30, 2009, 09:02:44 pm
Reply #8

Offline Lexmeister

• Former Member

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 09:02:44 pm »
No really...I am NEW LEX :D. This is the first account I have made on this forum.
If you would like verification I can point you in the direction of Mooifurhorny or Morkraw who know me irl ^^.

October 30, 2009, 09:13:08 pm
Reply #9

Kilizion

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 09:13:08 pm »
Nice to see an application with a lot of effort put in! And I chose Gyrados in my app too, so kudos! :D You play HoN and L4D, which is good.

Anyway, were in the UK are you from? And what Uni are you studying at?

Good luck with the application, being a Resto Shaman won't be easy, you have Hugman and Grilly to contend with! Both raid officers! :P

October 30, 2009, 09:30:13 pm
Reply #10

Offline Lexmeister

• Former Member

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 09:30:13 pm »
I go to the Uni of Leicester^^, from roughly the same area too...Just far enough away from the parents so they can't come visit but close enough I can pillage their food!

October 30, 2009, 09:41:11 pm
Reply #11

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 09:41:11 pm »
and play a bunch of other games(HoN,L4D,DoW2).

You had me at "HoN".

Good application!
Trolls are awesome!

October 30, 2009, 09:48:55 pm
Reply #12

Kilizion

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 09:48:55 pm »
THIS.

I go to the Uni of Leicester^^, from roughly the same area too...Just far enough away from the parents so they can't come visit but close enough I can pillage their food!

From Manchester here, I hope you get in so I can see how good you are at HoN! :P

October 30, 2009, 10:54:37 pm
Reply #13

Offline tronz

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 10:54:37 pm »
If moonifyourhorny posts that your are a good enough player im sure that will significantly improve your chances at least in my view :) also do you mind going ench or elemental? as grilly and hugman are close to a 100% active and both resto  :) Gl with the app and you will prob get a answer sunday or monday so dont get saved to 25man!

October 30, 2009, 11:22:58 pm
Reply #14

Offline Intrinsic

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 11:22:58 pm »
also do you mind going ench or elemental?

Shamans have an enchanting tree now?

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 01:35:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

309 Guests, 0 Users