Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the ToT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Recruiting!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Recruiting!
Apply as a Social member
All are welcome to apply
 Feral Druid A-Team Application

November 29, 2010, 12:24:47 am
Read 7236 times

Offline ohshift

• Vendor Trash

Feral Druid A-Team Application
« on: November 29, 2010, 12:24:47 am »
Personal Information:

-Name: ?zg?r

About me I'm a university student(chemistry)(bombs? :o) for like 6 years and that's all. I don't have much time to play the other games. I tried HoN for a short time but didn't liked it. :-[ At my free time I level my alts and get achievements.

Character Info:

-Name: Ohshift
-Armory:  http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Ohshift
-Class: Druid (Tauren)
-Professions: Eng / Jc
-Spec: Tank / Balance

and I have 6 alt chars (You can guess what am I doing in my free times :P)

Raiding

I have lots of free time if there's a raid i'll be there (:

Gaming and World Of Warcraft history:

I started to play WoW at the end of TBC and leveled up to 80. I played balance at Tyrants. After they disband I joined "Veteran" I was playing tank and balance there and what a luck they disband to. I joined to Liberty as tank, After a year we couldn't agree about something then they asked me to leave the guild and I left :) I want to play as feral dps in catalsym by the way, cos in drood I play tank and balance all time and I can handle feral dps. And know I have killed 11/12 Hc bosses in icc10-25.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?

Because, I want to play in a raiding guild. Just want to do my raid don't wanna think about guild drama's and other stupid things. I want to play in a serious guild with a raiding progress. And one of my real life friend playing in IE. Strifium<3 

What can I offer to Iron Edge?

I can play druid and it's all spec's like my main spec. Dps,tank or healer it's not a problem. So, if u choose to invite me as a guild member you won't be sorry for that.

November 29, 2010, 12:27:25 am
Reply #1

Offline Rucious

• Former Member

Re: Feral Druid A-Team Application
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 12:27:25 am »
Awesome.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

November 29, 2010, 12:34:30 am
Reply #2

Offline Narw

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 12:34:30 am »
Please, just reject ppl that write so shit applications, maybe rest will learn then.

(You have nice expieriance and everything, but application is horrid, just horrid, i could write more in 5 mins)

November 29, 2010, 12:51:51 am
Reply #3

kawe

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 12:51:51 am »
Please, just reject ppl that write so shit applications, maybe rest will learn then.

(You have nice expieriance and everything, but application is horrid, just horrid, i could write more in 5 mins)

It's unfair to call it a shit app, really. It does answer all the questions, and isn't spectacular.

*Basically, there's no need to be rude.

November 29, 2010, 02:27:41 am
Reply #4

Offline Narw

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 02:27:41 am »
Yeah, i obviously dont fit into "lets be nice to everyone scheme" that happens on recruitment forums recently. Application looks like it's written in 5 mins, tells barely anything about the person that wrote it. He could basicly just show his armory link, that would told more.

So i will repeat what i wrote. You have raiding history, but lack of effort while writing application is just wrong.

November 29, 2010, 11:00:35 am
Reply #5

Kilizion

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 11:00:35 am »
Poor application, try harder.

November 29, 2010, 11:08:04 am
Reply #6

Offline Sparrowhawk

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 11:08:04 am »
After a year we couldn't agree about something then they asked me to leave the guild and I left :)

Enlighten this

November 29, 2010, 04:10:49 pm
Reply #7

kawe

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 04:10:49 pm »
Yeah, i obviously dont fit into "lets be nice to everyone scheme" that happens on recruitment forums recently. Application looks like it's written in 5 mins, tells barely anything about the person that wrote it. He could basicly just show his armory link, that would told more.

So i will repeat what i wrote. You have raiding history, but lack of effort while writing application is just wrong.

Nothing to do with 'being nice to everyone', it's our recruitment forum, you'll recall we had rather a long post recently about having a bit of professionalism and not being dicks on it.

November 29, 2010, 04:19:32 pm
Reply #8

Offline Narw

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 04:19:32 pm »
Writing application like this one is is pissing on this community.

I dont know what other people reasons were, but what attracted me to Iron Edge was a community full of people with strong personalities. I dont want this guild to turn into scrub fest of medicorness.

Also, telling that someone wrote a shit application is being a dick?

November 29, 2010, 04:34:49 pm
Reply #9

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 04:34:49 pm »
Narw -- have a look through some of the other apps that have been accepted into the guild.

The only time an application is REALLY important is if the person has nothing else to prove his worth. For raiders, the actual trial is the in-game raiding trial -- it is not the application.
Now I run a tech website.

November 29, 2010, 04:53:43 pm
Reply #10

Offline Monstar

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 04:53:43 pm »
An application speaks alot about a persons character and dedication to his cause. Be it a gaming application or a job application. I feel we still have to have a minimum baseline/standard for accepting applications. In more times than not a bad app correlates to a bad trial.

November 29, 2010, 04:56:51 pm
Reply #11

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 04:56:51 pm »
Based on what?

I've seen tons of good applications turn out to be naff raiders (and guild members).

November 29, 2010, 05:39:23 pm
Reply #12

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 05:39:23 pm »
He didn't say that a good application means a good raider.  He said a bad application generally means a bad raider.  Bad english skills, inability to listen on TS, being pretty bad at the game and so on.

I have to agree with Narw, too.  Somebody who writes a short/bad application either doesn't care about getting in or lacks the english skills to write a good one.  The former is an insult, the latter is unacceptable.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

November 29, 2010, 05:44:20 pm
Reply #13

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 05:44:20 pm »
Huh? You know I was just providing a counterpoint. You can't ignore simple logic like mine, then follow-up with an intelligent response of your own -- try to keep it clean!

I don't disagree with you.

I disagree with responses (like Narw's) on this forum. The simple response should be 'This application isn't detailed enough. Check the sticky for details on how to apply.'

If the sticky has to have something that says 'you should use X word over 5 letters in length', then so be it.

Just because you (as in Narw) made a good application, and is a member of IE, doesn't give you the right (or privilege) of belittling someone.

November 29, 2010, 06:06:08 pm
Reply #14

Offline Narw

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2010, 06:06:08 pm »
I never was a fan of political corectness Delling :)

Also! Take note i didnt wrote he is shit, i wrote application is shit.

That's not a problem tho, i can write next time your application is bad and give him reasons why i think its bad!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 06:08:53 pm by Narw »

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 12:29:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

296 Guests, 0 Users