Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the ToT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Recruiting!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Recruiting!
Apply as a Social member
All are welcome to apply
 Prot Pally <any team>

April 05, 2011, 11:18:12 pm
Read 8547 times

Offline callumidia

• Vendor Trash

Prot Pally <any team>
« on: April 05, 2011, 11:18:12 pm »
Personal Information
Sup, I'm callum, 19 years young from the UK. I really suck at writing stuff about myself, so please just skip this section and onto the nerd stuff :)
I tend to be pretty chilled out, most likely because i have to be with being an IT support technician! I game, too much. Along with WoW i play CSS in and amongst, been playing it for 5 years and finally think its time to give up on it for good.

Im sociable, silence is probably the worst thing - so please i hope you guys aren't shy on vent :)

Character Information

My gear can be seen here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/callumidia/advanced

I understand my gear isn't fantastic, but please bare with me; ive only been gearing properly for about a week now :)
Still need to sort out my enchants which ill be doing tonight or tommorow, however i think my gemming strategy is pretty much spot on at the moment, although i could do with reforging alot for mastery.

Attunements:
Didn't play what so ever during vanilla or TBC, infact i hated WoW back then!
WOTLK: Didnt play so much here either, nothing seemed exactly... challenging. Most of the time it was just frustrating due to me being in a 'not so great' guild with very silly mistakes happening every single attempt at anything (pugs would do better).

Im enjoying cataclysm alot more, the heroics were slightly challenging at the beginning of the expansion; now unfortunately they're pretty easy due to everyone gearing up.

I tend to consider myself a smart player, without trying to sound like too much of a vain B*****D. Despite not having actually downed any bosses yet, because i haven't attempted any, i know probably about 70% of the tactics seems as im forever watching tankspot!

Raiding

Can raid pretty much whenever if im given notice, i work full time so i generally come on at about 5:50 GMT. Obviously if anything important ever comes up like birthdays etc. ill give the guild more than enough notice to find a suitable replace for me!

More specific times:

Mondays: Whenever required
Tuesdays: Whenever required
Wednesdays: Yes up until around midnight server time
Thursdays: Whenever required
Fridays: Possibly
Saturday: Not available
Sundays: Most likely whenever required

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history

As previously mentioned ive been playing CSS for about 5 years, been to quite a few  LAN events which is always an interesting place to be, mostly the i-series events. Some of you may or may not have heard of i-series but WoW players can be found there, however not many :P

Been playing WoW on and off through WOTLK, only got into it properly this expansion and im very keen to down every bit of raid content that is released.

Ive never tried pvp properly but id like to try my hand in the arena, i know im apply to be a raider but.. still some of you do step into the arena aswel :)

Other than that.. what can i say? I havn't exactly been playing WoW properly for a very long time. I guess you'll just have to determine whether im a decent team player or not :)

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?

Who doesn't want to join Iron Edge thats playing on dunemaul? You guys are renowned for clearing content, being friendly (from what ive seen), so this is where i want to be!
As mentioned above, i enjoy a sociable environment.. dead guild chats and silent ventrilos aren't for me :(

What can I offer to Iron Edge?
A sociable, chilled out guy that figures out things pretty quickly. I try keep myself up-to-date with the way bosses should be downed so generally tactics aren't an issue with me, and from what ive seen there isnt anything i couldnt handle.

From playing CSS at a high competitive level ive always been a good team player, quite alot of the bosses seem to require a decent level of co-ordination and i reckon i probably excel in that area.
(I never realised i was this vain till i wrote this application  :) )

Last words?
*GULP*

April 05, 2011, 11:27:19 pm
Reply #1

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
Re: Prot Pally <any team>
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 11:27:19 pm »
Sup, I'm callum, 19 years young from the UK. I really suck at writing stuff about myself, so please just skip this section and onto the nerd stuff
I tend to be pretty chilled out, most likely because i have to be with being an IT support technician! I game, too much

Swap those names and you describe me perfectly.. Where abouts are you from in the UK?

PS. Nice app and good luck.

Edit: Because i'm retarded.
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

April 05, 2011, 11:29:53 pm
Reply #2

Offline callumidia

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 11:29:53 pm »
Haha no worries i could see through your epic quote :)

Im from west yorkshire, work for a small IT company that supports quite alot of businesses :)
Yourself?

April 05, 2011, 11:40:28 pm
Reply #3

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 11:40:28 pm »
South Yorkshire! (Sheffield) and I work for a small IT company that supports quite a lot of businesses also. My job is mainly to handle school networks (and their day to day rubbish)

I know quite a lot of people from around Leeds and up into Halifax and beyond.

You have my vote atleast!
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

April 05, 2011, 11:43:59 pm
Reply #4

Offline callumidia

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 11:43:59 pm »
lmao small world, im from huddersfield!

And thanks :)

April 06, 2011, 02:14:53 pm
Reply #5

Offline Monstar

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 02:14:53 pm »
I work for a small IT company that supports quite a lot of businesses also. My job is mainly to handle school networks (and their day to day rubbish)
Ha, what IT company do you work for?

April 06, 2011, 02:16:22 pm
Reply #6

Offline Monstar

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 02:16:22 pm »
Hey Callum, nice app, im sure our mighty raid leader will respond soon.

Which CSS teams did you play for and what LANs have you been to?

gl

April 06, 2011, 02:25:22 pm
Reply #7

Offline Cojche

• Guild Member

• ALPHA AS FUCK

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 02:25:22 pm »
Do u have problems counting to 5 as our other Sheffield members? :D
Other than that, good luck.
High functioning sociopath.

April 06, 2011, 02:26:48 pm
Reply #8

Offline Pluug

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 02:26:48 pm »
I'm not sure we have a spot for prot paladin in A raid and your gear is not ready for tanking heroic encounters, but wait for Daekesh responce.

emo? >3

April 06, 2011, 02:34:01 pm
Reply #9

Offline callumidia

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 02:34:01 pm »
Hey Callum, nice app, im sure our mighty raid leader will respond soon.

Which CSS teams did you play for and what LANs have you been to?

gl

Digitek, Alphafrag, Polarity, Imperial.esports
Only been to i34, i37 and i41
Going to i42 in 2 weeks :)

April 06, 2011, 02:47:50 pm
Reply #10

Offline Monstar

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 02:47:50 pm »
Ah cool, was that the polarity with radon? Can quite remember who else there was.
Never bothered with the iseries myself, the thought of hundreds of confined sweaty guys did not appeal.

April 06, 2011, 02:56:03 pm
Reply #11

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 02:56:03 pm »
Never bothered with the iseries myself, the thought of hundreds of confined sweaty guys did not appeal.

It's cool if a lot of people you know are going - if you're just there without anybody it's a bit retarded.  I've been to a few back in the day (i6, 8 and 9 I think.)  Was great meeting up with everyone and stuff.  Think I spent about 4 hours total at i9, the rest of the time we were out at pubs and curry houses...

And, yes, sorry but, as I said on IRC, the A-Raid really has no spots for a protadin atm :(
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:57:40 pm by TTaM »
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

April 06, 2011, 03:00:02 pm
Reply #12

Offline callumidia

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 03:00:02 pm »
Ah cool, was that the polarity with radon? Can quite remember who else there was.

Haha no but i know steve (radon) :)
Polarity was the same as imperial - me, trepje, splatio, moomin, scott

When i left steve took my place in imperial :)

Considering its a gaming event.. the amount of time my lot usually spend gaming is as minimal as possible :P

April 06, 2011, 03:08:57 pm
Reply #13

Offline Monstar

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 03:08:57 pm »
Awesome you know trepje! Hes a good internet friend of mine, and played in one or two of my teams :)

April 06, 2011, 04:08:28 pm
Reply #14

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 04:08:28 pm »
Your gear does seem way too poor to join the A-raid, but you seem like a really cool guy and the B-raid is running quite short on members nowadays. If you just hang in there, I'm sure we could work something out! Maybe the C-raid would like to steal you.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 03:21:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

266 Guests, 0 Users