Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia II - Story of the Iron Edge - Ship Deck

May 30, 2011, 03:11:57 pm
Reply #135

kawe

Re: Mafia II - Story of the Iron Edge - Ship Deck
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2011, 03:11:57 pm »
An Imperial captain gives the town yet more weight; he provides essentially another free villager while alive, because our strongest weapon, stronger than all our blue roles, are our votes. They are what we have in abundance above the rebels, and as Palmar explained, even in a game where there's no blue roles the town can very much win.

If you're innocent, there should be no reason to hesitate at this stage of the game. Never forget you can change your vote. The only people who have any real reason to wait to vote atm are scum, who are naturally more wary of how they appear when voting.

May 30, 2011, 03:13:01 pm
Reply #136

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2011, 03:13:01 pm »
##Support: Vdti (mainly for the jailing idea -- good point, Kesh)
Now I have a home page.

May 30, 2011, 03:13:27 pm
Reply #137

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2011, 03:13:27 pm »
Sigh, no bold...

##Support: Vdti
Now I have a home page.

May 30, 2011, 03:15:57 pm
Reply #138

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2011, 03:15:57 pm »
Finally got some time to pop on the forum and join in on the fun!

I'm not sure I fully understand the logic of throwing votes into the wind to begin with. However, from watching the last game Kawe certainly had a fair understanding of how to play it well, so I will take his advice and just vote based on who I'd think would be least useful to us even if he is an Imperial, and that falls to either Archz or Shiftey I think.

As for the Captain, I would support having a clever person who doesn't get swayed easily by manipulation, but also one that is unlikely to ignore the bulk Imperial fellows just cause "he feels like it's the best thing to do". Which certainly rules out the two above as Captains too. I don't know the others running, so I will eventually support either Delling, Tyler or Kawe as it is looking now. I'll hold off the decision for now though.

##Vote: Archz
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

May 30, 2011, 03:17:42 pm
Reply #139

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2011, 03:17:42 pm »
Vote Dell!!

Now I have a home page.

May 30, 2011, 03:19:03 pm
Reply #140

Offline Blackwhale

• Guild Member

« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2011, 03:19:03 pm »
##Support: Vdti

same reason as delling. Good point about the jailor thing, something rebel scum would keep to themselves
If pluto isnt a planet because its a dwarf, does that mean dwarfs aint people?

May 30, 2011, 03:21:48 pm
Reply #141

Offline Shiftey

• My Facebook page
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2011, 03:21:48 pm »
Interesting how the vote is swaying towards Vdti best on TTaM, it was his idea to jail the captain. Well to clarify that, this has been said during the weekend by almost everyone on IRC. It's not nothing knew, we all knew about it. That's not a real reason to vote for Vdti, therefore I would like to ask for the real reason why we should entrust Vdti with such an important role?

##Support: Shiftey

Since I am a candidate, I have to vote for myself, cannot be a retard.

May 30, 2011, 03:22:40 pm
Reply #142

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2011, 03:22:40 pm »
No offense, but the jail the captain idea should be one of those common knowledge things everyone assumes to happen. What would be point of giving someone 2 votes and big fat Bullseye on his forehead w/o any protection...

Having said I like the calm nature of Vdti's post so he definitely moved into picture for my vote.

@TTaM, Read what you want into my 1st post, but I took a stand and got others to start actively discussing the vote for captaincy. At that time those were the best candidates, because all the others that showed interest were a bit too hotheaded for me.

May 30, 2011, 03:23:27 pm
Reply #143

kawe

« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2011, 03:23:27 pm »
So Delling, by asking and trying to encourage votes for yourself while using your support vote for Vdti, you're keen to get the position but are very concerned about how you appear to others.

May 30, 2011, 03:24:46 pm
Reply #144

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2011, 03:24:46 pm »
Yeah, as I said on IRC, I am more than happy to lead if needed -- but if another good option appears, I am happy to follow. If Vdti (or Shiftey or Kawe) turns out to be a bad choice, I'll still be here.
Now I have a home page.

May 30, 2011, 03:27:12 pm
Reply #145

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2011, 03:27:12 pm »
That's a good point. If a captain dies do we vote for a new one or is it a one time thing?

May 30, 2011, 03:27:58 pm
Reply #146

Offline Palmar

« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2011, 03:27:58 pm »
That's a good point. If a captain dies do we vote for a new one or is it a one time thing?

Captain is a one time thing.
Trolls are awesome!

May 30, 2011, 03:29:34 pm
Reply #147

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2011, 03:29:34 pm »
Yeah, sorry, I meant if Vdti turns out to be a bad choice in the next 24 (48?) hours. He needs to post a bit more, that's for sure.
Now I have a home page.

May 30, 2011, 03:33:44 pm
Reply #148

Offline Sintrael

• Guild Member

« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2011, 03:33:44 pm »
##Support: Kawe

Being that kawe has been the only one to not actually shit stir but to actually consider the facts (out of the people i'd like to see as captain) i think this is a good reason to support him. Also, VDTI made _one_ post and is gaining a hell of a lot of support for it, especially from acclamied shit stirrer daekesh, this seems odd to me. The point he brought up about having the jailer to protect him, which kesh and dell are using as the basis for their support for him seems incredibly weak to me. The captain clearly needs protection, and thats how he would get it, i think everyone would have spotted that.

Clearly the captain is making himself a target, albeit not a massively important one, a one time kill isnt a massive deal and the double vote isnt a huge deal right now either, especially this early when we dont have much info to go on. I do think however that having some1 who knows the game somewhat/knows how to react as captain would be a good idea. Vdti wasnt in the last game and kawe was, kawe showed himself to be a good leader, albeit to the bad guys, i think we need that kind of play in our captain. Knowing nothing about either of them at this point i'm basing my vote for kawe solely on that fact.

Whether or not i actually support my own votes fully, i'm not sure yet, but i'm making them on the basis that as of right now kesh being a bit odd in my opinion and therefore casting the people he's voting for in a negative light, again this is just me.

##vote: TTaM

May 30, 2011, 03:39:08 pm
Reply #149

Offline Kendoki

• Guild Member

« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2011, 03:39:08 pm »
Kendo rushing in after a days work!

Omg day 1, 15h into it and 10 pages already!

Still need to read some pages, but from what i have read right now is that there are alot of eager ppl rdy to go lynch people on no solid base. Its a bit early on the first day to go around.

One thing tho, think Shiftey aint rlly the best idea for Captain. For the only reason that it is Shiftey.

Not quite sure who would be, perhaps if i read the rest!
We are the preservers of the balance, now and forever, as Malfurion lies in the Dreaming. Never forget this.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 04:37:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

34 Guests, 0 Users