Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia II - Story of the Iron Edge - Ship Deck

May 30, 2011, 06:05:59 pm
Reply #210

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

Re: Mafia II - Story of the Iron Edge - Ship Deck
« Reply #210 on: May 30, 2011, 06:05:59 pm »
Fine I'll start the next game with "whoho I'm a private don't kill me!" and let them pick of the blues that are trying to fly under the radar

May 30, 2011, 06:06:35 pm
Reply #211

Offline Shiftey

• My Facebook page
« Reply #211 on: May 30, 2011, 06:06:35 pm »
WELL THEN

##Vote: Shiftey

since you are a rebel scum

Please do explain your reasoning so everyone can follow your train of thought. All votes must be transparent, so people can have as many information as possible to make rational decisions.

May 30, 2011, 06:07:49 pm
Reply #212

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #212 on: May 30, 2011, 06:07:49 pm »
I think Grish misunderstood your deductive reasoning :p

May 30, 2011, 06:09:01 pm
Reply #213

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #213 on: May 30, 2011, 06:09:01 pm »
Arch could be learning from his mistakes and almost triple bluffing us.
For example him acting retarded would give him the excuse to say "why would i be so stupid and get myself killed" thus covering himself.

Maybe he's being smart this time and decided to act overly stupid.
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

May 30, 2011, 06:12:30 pm
Reply #214

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #214 on: May 30, 2011, 06:12:30 pm »

I.... just... No.

I am done talking to Arches.

Gonna work on who I think should be Captain.

Now that I think about it, I always get the image of a "Warhammer 40k Commissar" when I think of this role.

You know like, using his day lynch and going "In the name of the Emperor I execute you for Treason!" and BAMM! Headshot.

May 30, 2011, 06:15:10 pm
Reply #215

Offline Sintrael

• Guild Member

« Reply #215 on: May 30, 2011, 06:15:10 pm »
I cant tell if Shiftey just has a vendetta toward kawe for some reason or actually has something logical to say, that post up there didnt actually have any substance to it Shiftey... you just outlined what Kawe has done so far which i'm pretty sure everyone can see.

@Doomslay, early voting promotes talk, makes people react (or not react). It gives us more information, which we are sorely lacking.

@Arches, give up what? you havent defended urself u just qq that people are "reading into things" and saying that ur a bad player... (you giving up is kinda strengthening that idea no?)

After consideration i'm changing my vote to arches as well, i think hugman hit the nail on the head that arches is just going to be a liability either way.

Its a bit of an odd situation we find ourselves in i feel, i still support kawe for captain as i think he'd make an extremely strong one and i dont think he's mafia, yet. I also feel that getting a captain early would be beneficial as we can somewhat 'direct' mafia play by making himself the only clear target. But i feel that waiting for the first night to end would reveal some information as to whether its a good idea to make kawe captain as it would indeed be catastrophic if he was a rebel, as mouse pointed out. On that note, i would support mouse for captain as well should she gain popularity, i like how sensible she's being.

I'm not at all saying that vdti would make a bad captain, but i am seriously getting suspicious of everyone thats voting for him as captain. 3 of the 4 voters (delling, et, kesh) said they support him based on the fact he said that protecting the captain by jailing him is a good idea. Does this not seem incredibly weird? Jailing the captain is the ONLY way to protect him, is there anyone playing the game that doesnt realise this most basic of principles? Having 3 people go "oh, what a good idea, i never would have thought of that incredibly simple idea myself so i'll vote for him" (obviously i'm exaggerating slightly, but to me thats what it sounds like) It soudns to me like kesh, delling et are trying to sway votes toward vdti.

However, again, i have no actual evidence that this is the case, its just speculation on my part, read it as you will.

##Unvote: TTaM
##Vote: Arches
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 06:19:46 pm by Palmar »

May 30, 2011, 06:16:20 pm
Reply #216

Offline Tyler

• Guild Member

« Reply #216 on: May 30, 2011, 06:16:20 pm »
All I did was to stir up some heat trying to get myself killed during the night like a proper Private.

/facepalm

Acting like a Jedi will not get you killed at night, it will get you lynched. You are bad either way Archz. If I was rebel scum I would try as hard as I could to keep you around. 
Oh God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son"
Abe says, "Man, you must be puttin' me on"
God say, "No."
Abe say, "What?"
God say, "You can do what you want Abe, but the next time you see me comin' you better run"
Well Abe says, "Where do you want this killin' done?"
God says, "Out on Highway 61"

May 30, 2011, 06:18:37 pm
Reply #217

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #217 on: May 30, 2011, 06:18:37 pm »
WELL THEN

##Vote: Shiftey

since you are a rebel scum

Please do explain your reasoning so everyone can follow your train of thought. All votes must be transparent, so people can have as many information as possible to make rational decisions.

it would probably be a wasted vote to vote for shiftey at this stage and i may change it... since we still have 48 hours to go
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

May 30, 2011, 06:18:54 pm
Reply #218

Offline Shiftey

• My Facebook page
« Reply #218 on: May 30, 2011, 06:18:54 pm »

Just for the record, I am in fact running for captain.

Also I suggest you check the posts of all the candidates so far.

May 30, 2011, 06:18:58 pm
Reply #219

Offline Sintrael

• Guild Member

« Reply #219 on: May 30, 2011, 06:18:58 pm »
forgot my colon -.-

##vote: Arches

May 30, 2011, 06:19:39 pm
Reply #220

Offline Sintrael

• Guild Member

« Reply #220 on: May 30, 2011, 06:19:39 pm »
ALFJ:LGAJG

FORGOT BOLD AND CAPITAL V

May 30, 2011, 06:26:58 pm
Reply #221

kawe

« Reply #221 on: May 30, 2011, 06:26:58 pm »
Not needing a majority changes nothing regarding the lack of downsides for voting early as town. Voting records are important, but the only reason you'd put so much stock in the day1 non-final voting record that you won't cast one until you have to is if you're paranoid, scum, or don't fully understand the game.

There's no reason to tip-toe around sharing your suspicions of people as though we're stepping on eggshells and will lose if we mislynch one on the first day. If we're wrong on the first day it's fine. We learn, we keep going, and we don't succumb to doubt and the excuses that are made - which, by the way, are a reasonable tell.

Eetion: Things like "this guy seems like an Imperial, but what if he's just a rebel who is pretending to act this way because that's how an imperial will act" is a particularly slippery slope of thought pattern, and one that will get us nowhere. Think about it - if you don't trust people because you think they seem trustworthy and it could be a trick... you get the idea. When it comes to captaincy votes, it's pretty much as you say. If you're keen for not-me as captain, I suggest we support Mouseh.

Shanks: Being so concerned with rebels, of which there are a measly 6, swaying our 21 votes, 22 on at least the first day counting double vote from captain, is at most vaguely valid. But silly. It is also very peculiar to be worried about looking suspicious if you're innocent - see what I mentioned before about conviction. Imperials should have no real concern about being lynched right now - if one of us is mislynched, it's okay at this stage.

Hugman: That's fairly sound logic, though I think Yoica's concern is reasonable enough too. I've been expecting your posts all day after last game, good to finally see some.

Once again, remember, as an Imperial, you do not and in fact should not act with concern about looking suspicious. This applies especially to voting. Doomslay, remember that voting early does no harm to the town, as you can change vote, and has potential harm to the rebels. This can only be good for us.

May 30, 2011, 06:31:04 pm
Reply #222

Offline shankski

• Guild Member

« Reply #222 on: May 30, 2011, 06:31:04 pm »

Shanks: It is also very peculiar to be worried about looking suspicious if you're innocent - see what I mentioned before about conviction. Imperials should have no real concern about being lynched right now - if one of us is mislynched, it's okay at this stage.

I'm not sure what I've done to be worried about looking suspicious? Please enlighten me

May 30, 2011, 06:32:42 pm
Reply #223

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #223 on: May 30, 2011, 06:32:42 pm »
OK, you talk a lot of sense. And I admit, I don't know the rules of the game very well (I didn't last very long last time, and I still haven't read any strategy guides... will do that tonight.)

I'm still weary of voting for you as captain, though. Too many eggs in one basket. It's like... the ultimate high-risk-high-reward gamble.

I'm leaning towards Mouseh atm, unless Vdti rummages up something amazing tonight.
Now I have a home page.

May 30, 2011, 06:33:13 pm
Reply #224

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #224 on: May 30, 2011, 06:33:13 pm »
Fukkn...

Vote:: Arches
Now I have a home page.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 04:27:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

31 Guests, 0 Users