Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia II - Story of the Iron Edge - Ship Deck

May 31, 2011, 10:13:57 am
Reply #300

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

Re: Mafia II - Story of the Iron Edge - Ship Deck
« Reply #300 on: May 31, 2011, 10:13:57 am »
Just to point out, Yoica, the only accusation I have made is about Kawe because of it character assassination of me.  My initial analysis is the *only* time I've done anything even remotely close to accusations, and that was just a summary of what other people had posted, left up to everyone else to decide what they thought.

My posts: http://www.iron-edge.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=351;sa=showPosts

Kawe's: http://www.iron-edge.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=43;sa=showPosts
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

May 31, 2011, 10:21:17 am
Reply #301

Offline Shiftey

• My Facebook page
« Reply #301 on: May 31, 2011, 10:21:17 am »
Yoica, have you noticed I made a fairly extensive post against TTaM way before anyone else? You seem to completely ignore that when you say I havent used the same empirical approach for his posts, cause I have.

Reason why I changed though was recent bandwagoning events and voting and supporting records that made me doubt my assumption. Therefore I change, but also all of that is explained in my previous posts which you once again seem to ignore and adamantly continue with your story.

Definitely made yourself a good way on my mafia list and expand it to 4 suspects.

Glad you could help

May 31, 2011, 11:29:39 am
Reply #302

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #302 on: May 31, 2011, 11:29:39 am »
I'm kind of surprised I'm saying this, but... Kesh has won me over.

##Unvote: Arches
##Vote: Kawe

And I finally have a supporter! Goo Veilas!

##Unsupport: Vdti
##Support: Delling

Lots of good posts last night. I don't have much to add, except that we need some more posts from a lot more people -- Ino, Tyler, Grishang, Starbrow, Tronz... (lots of people still need to vote for captaincy and lynching, too!)

Definitely a bit surprised by Tyler's low quality and quantity of posts. I guess it's still early days -- he could still produce a fantastic post later today -- but he does seem to fit into the 'I'm a special blue/red and trying to keep my head down' template.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ino or Tronz were special blue/reds either.

And obviously, if such a blue role existed, Grish is a special TIE pilot...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:42:46 am by Goza »
Now I have a home page.

May 31, 2011, 11:31:23 am
Reply #303

Offline Tyler

• Guild Member

« Reply #303 on: May 31, 2011, 11:31:23 am »
I am not going to post as much as I did last game. It was counterproductive in the end, and it will be even worse this game with the number of player we have. A smaller number of more focused posts will be a better approach I think. I think I will aim for two good posts per day. Spamming this thread is not useful.

Empty: Great post. Keep up the good work.

Mouseh: ditto, I am going to vote for you as captain. Sure you might be rebel scum playing a blinder, but currently I don?t see a better choice. The same could be said of all the other candidates. I think we should target the more obvious scum/bad imperials. Our biggest mistake last game was going after the godfather ahead of Nach, who most people agreed was the whore. Trying to aim for the ?clever? mobster was my undoing.

Shiftey: If you are going to accuse me of posting nonsense you should at least quote it. My reasons for voting for Archz are sound. This kind of reasoning it not helpful either way.
After all this, you really think I'm mafia? :p You must've missed some of the irc talk and posts. I was stearing up some heat, trying to get myself killed by the rebel scum the first night by making some noice. Clearly I made too much
Your detailed ?analysis? posts are a little inconsistent. You accused both Kawe and Mouseh of being inconsistent when they were not. You have raised questions about both TTaM and Kawe, but chosen to vote with TTaM against Kawe. As I have said to you before of the 26 targets to vote for Kawe is not the best choice. I am also intrigued by your repeated desire to run as captain. I know you don?t want people to think about last game, as mafia MVP that is understandable, but you can?t really think that you will get voted in. This make me think you are using this as cover. Maybe you are a better scum player than villager? You have often talked about wanting to be a politician :)

TTaM: The best post Shiftey made so far was about your inconsistencies. You seem to blame Kawe alone for raising concerns. You also switched vote to Archz to ?join the other band wagon?. You indulged in some RP when voting for Kawe. You are being very defensive and the way you and Chippen appeared to be in cahoots was pretty sus. All in all I can see why people want to vote for you. I?m going to stick to Archz for now though.

Graxlos: While I understand not wanting to post as much as last game, we do need a little more. As it stands you are voting for Shiftey as captain...

##Unsupport: Kawe
##Support: Mouseh
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:34:51 am by Goza »
Oh God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son"
Abe says, "Man, you must be puttin' me on"
God say, "No."
Abe say, "What?"
God say, "You can do what you want Abe, but the next time you see me comin' you better run"
Well Abe says, "Where do you want this killin' done?"
God says, "Out on Highway 61"

May 31, 2011, 11:44:47 am
Reply #304

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #304 on: May 31, 2011, 11:44:47 am »
Well, there's the good post from Tyler -- I rescind that last comment!
Now I have a home page.

May 31, 2011, 11:53:18 am
Reply #305

kawe

« Reply #305 on: May 31, 2011, 11:53:18 am »
Good morning all :) Time to read and catch up!

In the mean time

##Unsupport: Kawe

May 31, 2011, 12:26:27 pm
Reply #306

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #306 on: May 31, 2011, 12:26:27 pm »
@ Shiftey's latest posts:

I'll tell you what I think. Hes trying to push people into voting for him for the role of Capt. Thats obvious.  He does that by diminishing contribution of  all other candidates, while greatening his own. How many times has he said I was 'unfit'? If you don't see me as candidate or you don't find my thoughts contributing thats ok, its your right, but don't discard me or the people who do. I guess you don't like the fact no one voted for you even with ALL the contribution you made.

The way he works: He focuses the person and then using the methods of exaggeration (saying that I overly praised Kawe) and half-truths or just lies (saying that Kawe recommended me for a capt) he forge the connections or conspiracy the way he likes it, the way it fits into the pattern he got in his head. When hes proven wrong he just change the names so it fits again. Like he did with swapping Kawe with Tyler earlier. This way you can make any truth you like.

Is this the contribution you talk about Shiftey? Its only counterproductive and its not doing Empire any favors. And I still believe  you have Empires best interests in your heart but your not helping (eg, I still don't think your a rebel).

And I don't HAVE to run for capt, I didn't initiated this and I would be more than happy to support someone else. For example Emptyy made few sane posts I could support him. But it wouldn't matter he would get into your little black books as well. Its how you work :)

Since I see few supported me I'm gonna do that too, as promissed.

"Leela's experiencing the greatest joy a woman can feel: worshiping some low-life jerk."

Bender, Futurama

May 31, 2011, 12:32:33 pm
Reply #307

kawe

« Reply #307 on: May 31, 2011, 12:32:33 pm »
TTaM is spending a lot of time on "Why me?!", and then another bunch of time explaning himself, then only to say he doesn't need to defend himself, followed up by trying to put suspicion on someone for being an active quality poster. Furthermore, he claims that, despite havnig such a long time until lynching, he is being railroaded (more "Why me?!"). All the while equally being so wrapped up in his own plight, with saving himself and so keen to deflect the vote from himself that he has ignored Emptyy's wonderful post entirely, and responds to others with stuff like "doing this will get you lynched by kawe". This being embroiled in his own situation is not the behaviour befitting of someone who has the town's greater interests at mind, but individual ones.

Graxlos does indeed need to post more, and at least post something of substance. We know he is a great analytical player, and if he doesn't post we're deprived of potentially great insight. Supporting someoe for captain, an important role, on the basis of liking their picture is not the kind of serious play expected of Grax, so it will be good to see what he's actually got for us.

Delling is someone who I'm definitely curious about due to meek posting style, desire to be non-commital and general odd lack of any conviction, along with simultaneously being concerned about how is percieved to the point of running for captain and not voting behind himself until someone else does. That, and bringing up you're new to the game is very akin to an excuse and should be treated as one.

May 31, 2011, 12:33:16 pm
Reply #308

Offline Shiftey

• My Facebook page
« Reply #308 on: May 31, 2011, 12:33:16 pm »
Since a big majority is gathering on Mouseh side for Captainship. That requires some serious thinking.

Let's start over. As I am writting this post, those people are voting for Mouseh as Captain:

Yoica, Eetion, Emptyy, Vorte, Tyler and Kawe

So, first of all she supported Kawe as intelligent player for captainship, nothing too suspicious, many did, he's indeed very intelligent, but doesnt say why she trust him so much with this role, there's a lot to be said about his posts.

Another 2 notable candidates she mentions are Delling and Tyler, calls them intelligent, but then dismissed them based on being wrong or whatnot in the past game? That's one weak of an argument, basing a decision because they happened to be wrong. Tyler was an excellent villager back in game 1 and I screwed the game up.

The "lol" comment about Archz is understandable :P

Her second post starts with this though:

"I'm having very busy day today I had barely time to refresh the posts and run through them. In addition to that I'm not the person who talks much, I don't like rash decisions or accusations without some solid reason. For that reason I decided it would be wise if I delay voting/support until I have more information on the subject."

First she's excusing herself for not having time, being undecisive. Think of it from point of view being an imperial, why would you make yourself pass as someone undecisive and without time, that would only put you in worse position in terms of other imperials actually trusting your judgement (even more so if you are a captain). On the other hand this reasoning gives perfect sense for a rebel, trying to minimize his post count that could turn him suspicious without being suspicious.

Another thing is the not wanting to vote, there's absolutely no reason not to vote? Voting isnt something impulsive, mostly at least anyway. Voting at last minute however begs questions.

The second posts continues with some WIFOM logic with many IFs involving kawe's captainship. This kind of posting is exactly what would mafia do, seed doubt, create uncertainty.

Then she announces her candidacy for running as a captain for a reason she was suggested. She was suggested by Tyler and later on by Kawe. Two good, intelligent please, who in their right mind, wouldnt put such a role in hands of someone they knew nothing about.

But she doesnt even support herself? Not even now when a final hour is approaching. Undecisivness about herself being captain? Should we have such a leader?

And then the excuse about bad english. There was no need for it, the post was fine and nicely understandable, so why?

Only rebels have this inner guilty feeling a need of defending themselfs even before they are accused of anything being anything. In this context, making many excuses can be a viable tactics.

What surprised me a bit is after the few random shouting posts from tyler, he makes a fairly intelligent looking post which, and that's no surprise, supports Mouseh with some flimsy reasoning based on bad decision making in last game? What does that have to do with anything. Then he basically plays the Shiftey is stupid card (or at least I get that feel from it)

And last but not least, Kawe wakes up, says he needs to catch up on reading (which is quite a lot of posts since last night by now) but in the mean time supports Mouseh. Out of the blue...

Should Mouseh be the captain?

ADD:

A new post from Mouseh came in as I was typing this one. For the record I do not care that many people do not vote for me (by the way I have 2 votes so it's not no one, as a captain you should be aware of the game shouldnt you?), what I care about is not getting the wrong people lynched or voted for in prominent spots.

And saying my attemps and interpret the behaviour of players is not doing favour I suppose your WIFOM logic and excuse do help the Empire a lot?

Regarding Emptyy, he has certainly made an increadibly good post, yet I think some of the conclusions he draws from his good observations arent based on much.

And finally made a decision on supporting yourself.... well that took time.

May 31, 2011, 12:34:06 pm
Reply #309

Offline Palmar

« Reply #309 on: May 31, 2011, 12:34:06 pm »
Captain will be elected in 12 hours.

The vote stands as follows:

Mouseh: 7
Kawe: 3
Vdti: 3
Delling: 2
Shiftey: 2
Archz: 1
TTaM: 1
Trolls are awesome!

May 31, 2011, 12:36:59 pm
Reply #310

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #310 on: May 31, 2011, 12:36:59 pm »
Im sorry guys as earlier mentioned I have an important deadline tomorrow, so I'm gonna start participating properly from tomorrow afternoon.

I will read up tomorrow and decide who I want as captain. 21 pages....

Bears like alts!

May 31, 2011, 12:37:21 pm
Reply #311

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #311 on: May 31, 2011, 12:37:21 pm »
damn I thought we had 36 more hour and not 12.

Bears like alts!

May 31, 2011, 12:40:48 pm
Reply #312

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #312 on: May 31, 2011, 12:40:48 pm »
I'm being meek, Kawe, because I'm surrounded by people who played a very active and very intelligent first game.

I only ever stick my neck out if I know what I'm doing -- both IRL and online. I would much rather follow than lead, unless I am the best man for the job -- or woman, as the case is turning out to be. I'm fairly certain that I'm not the best man for the job in this case, just through lack of experience and conviction.

Anyway, I'm not going to fall into a trap of defending myself -- that hasn't worked for Daekesh.

Put simply, I'm not the kind to put my balls on the line unless I actually know what I'm saying/doing :)
Now I have a home page.

May 31, 2011, 12:42:13 pm
Reply #313

Offline Palmar

« Reply #313 on: May 31, 2011, 12:42:13 pm »
Im sorry guys as earlier mentioned I have an important deadline tomorrow, so I'm gonna start participating properly from tomorrow afternoon.

I will read up tomorrow and decide who I want as captain. 21 pages....

It's fine grax, captain vote isn't mandatory, and there's 36 hours until the lynch, just finish your shit and join the game then.
Trolls are awesome!

May 31, 2011, 12:48:33 pm
Reply #314

Offline Emptyy

• Forum Member

« Reply #314 on: May 31, 2011, 12:48:33 pm »
Probably too late for this, but.. Emptyy for captain!
Vanilla chars: Hunter, rogue, shaman

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 04:57:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

29 Guests, 0 Users