Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia II - Story of the Iron Edge - Ship Deck

June 01, 2011, 02:38:18 am
Reply #405

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

Re: Mafia II - Story of the Iron Edge - Ship Deck
« Reply #405 on: June 01, 2011, 02:38:18 am »
Veilas, speaking of veilas he's gone for the "neutral" vote in Arches? I dont know if theres some sort of link but could be..

I hate these filthy neutrals, Kif. With enemies you know where they stand, but with neutrals? Who knows! It sickens me..

June 01, 2011, 08:38:47 am
Reply #406

Offline Tyler

• Guild Member

« Reply #406 on: June 01, 2011, 08:38:47 am »
Well, I can see my candidacy isn't going anywhere, so I might as well shift my vote.

I'm going to shift my vote to someone who might not be the most active player, or the most experienced, but who I think can provide the kind of in-depth post-scanning analysis that I'm not willing to do myself (at least while there are so many posts :)

##Unsupport: Delling
##Support: Emptyy

I doubt Emptyy will be the kind of captain to lead us to great glory, but in a game where randomity is our enemy, a sensible, thoughtful captain is a damn good choice IMO.

And, of course, I thank Veilas and Doomslay for supporting me... but alas... the bald-headed neo-nazi-supporting township HAS SPOKEN.

This doesn't look like you losing confidence in yourself. This looks like you deciding you can't win.

For the time being, I'm falling into line behind Kesh because a) he's more experienced than me, and b) I agree with his reasoning (or did at the time, and have no reason to switch my vote from Kawe until I have a better choice).

As Kawe pointed out following Kesh as he has "more experience" than you is flat out wrong, he died before you last game. However he does have more experience of being scum than you...
Oh God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son"
Abe says, "Man, you must be puttin' me on"
God say, "No."
Abe say, "What?"
God say, "You can do what you want Abe, but the next time you see me comin' you better run"
Well Abe says, "Where do you want this killin' done?"
God says, "Out on Highway 61"

June 01, 2011, 10:54:09 am
Reply #407

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #407 on: June 01, 2011, 10:54:09 am »
We can argue the captaincy thing until the sun sets, but I really don't have much else to add that hasn't been said already. I was making myself available as an alternative option if no decent candidates emerged.

Kesh "played" the first game a lot more than me. In the first game, I basically just ambled along and shot a fairly obvious target. Kesh is the kind of person who probably did a lot of research before this game, and who is quite intent on "winning". He might go about it the wrong way (much like his regular faux pas in WoW), but I still think he knows more about the game than me.
Now I have a home page.

June 01, 2011, 11:06:58 am
Reply #408

Offline Shiftey

• My Facebook page
« Reply #408 on: June 01, 2011, 11:06:58 am »
##Vote: Delling

June 01, 2011, 11:13:24 am
Reply #409

Offline Sintrael

• Guild Member

« Reply #409 on: June 01, 2011, 11:13:24 am »
Is it can be Delling bandwagon tiem nao?

June 01, 2011, 11:16:48 am
Reply #410

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #410 on: June 01, 2011, 11:16:48 am »
Hopefully not :P

FWIW, I will try to add some kind of 'original content' later, to show that I'm for the imperials. I'm working until lunch time, though, so if I can avoid the lynch wagon until then, that'd be great.
Now I have a home page.

June 01, 2011, 11:19:45 am
Reply #411

Offline Shiftey

• My Facebook page
« Reply #411 on: June 01, 2011, 11:19:45 am »
I am not gonna go into massive analysis or anything.

I just re-read all of delling's posts. There's 57 of them and not a single one of them is useful in anyway. Just middle of the road, perhaps trying to stay looking neutral and not too visible.

What you notice in his posts though is very often he's pointing his noobiness, his inexperience or that he's bad at the game or that not even he trusts his own judgement? That's a general theme throughout his posts. Now, why would an imperial do that? Why would an imperial say all of that and then he wanted people to take him seriously for captain vote? Or take any of his arguments or votes seriously if he says he cant play? That wouldnt be much of a use to us now would that?

Those 2 things are 2 big indicators of something is being hidden.

His arguments against some people. Mainly TTaM and Archz are that they are bad and even if they could be blues they should just say so now (WTF?, oh boy delling...another nail in a coffin) or that we should hang them anyway, cause they are simply bad.

I must say though that lot of things and connections in my spreadsheet also make sense. Like who defended who and so on. And somehow, TTaM gets into all of that. And it does make few other people look bad as well.

Well, it's just my opinion. I'll go with that.

June 01, 2011, 11:26:22 am
Reply #412

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #412 on: June 01, 2011, 11:26:22 am »
I was asking a question when I mentioned the blue roles exposing themselves, as I didn't know the answer. I can dig up the quote if you like -- or you can retain your decency and dig it up yourself.

I agree, none of my posts have been particularly helpful. I've mostly tried to point people in the right direction and thank people for their input so far. Again, I'm not really interested in being some huge multi-page Imperial Analyst.

I knew this would come about though, as I read the guide you gave me, Shiftey -- the one that says 'he who makes excuses is a rebel'. That's why I said I would try to add some actual high-value, original analysis later today.

Those of you who know me should know that I'm not exactly the filled-with-original-ideas kind of guy. I mostly filter through good ideas offered by other people and pick what I think is the best option. In this case, there hasn't been a whole lot of good ideas -- it's still very early in the game -- so it looks like I'm floundering.
Now I have a home page.

June 01, 2011, 01:17:39 pm
Reply #413

Offline Sintrael

• Guild Member

« Reply #413 on: June 01, 2011, 01:17:39 pm »
Its been like 2 hours and no posts, i'm bored here...

June 01, 2011, 01:33:52 pm
Reply #414

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #414 on: June 01, 2011, 01:33:52 pm »
I think the problem, Sint, is that we're all at work -- and unlike you, we're actually working :P
Now I have a home page.

June 01, 2011, 01:51:22 pm
Reply #415

Offline Sintrael

• Guild Member

« Reply #415 on: June 01, 2011, 01:51:22 pm »
Hey now! I'm working dilligently! Unlike you, plotting away while "working until mid day" tch.

Nah, i'm just doing shitty data entry stuff atm so i need to do something different every 20 mins or so or my mind starts shutting down due to boredom, hence, post more!

June 01, 2011, 01:59:01 pm
Reply #416

Offline Tyler

• Guild Member

« Reply #416 on: June 01, 2011, 01:59:01 pm »
I voted for Archz, Tyler! Then switched to Kawe after Kesh's post against him.

Everyone seems to have got it into their minds that I'm not a timid person. I'm not the kind of person to just wade in and start making accusations, and building houses of cards on unfounded ideas/rumours.

If I suddenly realize something, I will definitely say. If something leaps out at me, I will say!
I don't think anyone here thinks you are timid online dell. Real life possibly, but as our raid leader for 5 years timid is not the word that springs to mind.

Hopefully not :P

FWIW, I will try to add some kind of 'original content' later, to show that I'm for the imperials. I'm working until lunch time, though, so if I can avoid the lynch wagon until then, that'd be great.
Even this is defensive. You know you shouldn't look defensive, but manage to post that as a defense.

Finally; you made good calls last game. Much better than village MVP TTaM. You voted for TTaM. You whacked Cwave. You killed second night as you guessed you were gonna die. Noob my arse.
Oh God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son"
Abe says, "Man, you must be puttin' me on"
God say, "No."
Abe say, "What?"
God say, "You can do what you want Abe, but the next time you see me comin' you better run"
Well Abe says, "Where do you want this killin' done?"
God says, "Out on Highway 61"

June 01, 2011, 02:04:48 pm
Reply #417

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #417 on: June 01, 2011, 02:04:48 pm »
Cwave was a hunch, and it was made on day two, after a lot more information had been compiled and analysed by other players.

I don't recall my voting record, but I know I didn't page-analyse before voting in the last game. I probably voted for Kesh because someone put together a strong argument against him.

re: timidness -- I'm not really up for continuing to defend my character. I shout a lot/make my opinion known, but only if I know what I'm talking about. I'm not some ranting and raving autocratic lunatic. If you think I'm the ranting and raving type, then so be it -- all I can tell you is that I'm _not_.
Now I have a home page.

June 01, 2011, 02:11:29 pm
Reply #418

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

« Reply #418 on: June 01, 2011, 02:11:29 pm »
So, I've realized that I haven't posted alot at all at this point, partly due to moving but also because I'm once again playing a rather defensive Mafia (which is bad, by all means).

But I've come to the conclusion that all the loudmouths are pretty much having away at eachother while the quiet ones have gone off the radar. I've not been voted on yet, mostly I guess because I've been moving, but there are still some people who haven't posted at all much, of whom we're not even trying to get an answer from as of why.

I think that before we go off and lynch loudmouths (who'll probably help us in the long run more than someone who is quiet, blue or not) I think we should atleast start with someone who is quiet.

My own suspicions thus far is ofcourse Shiftey (still just being crazy, albeit not as crazy as last game, props for that) but also Daekesh.
Daekesh had a really long 4 paragraph defensive post when he was accused and voted on that didn't really contain much content.

With this I definately do not want to agitate a lynch on Daekesh (again, he's a loudmouth and I believe he'll be of use) but rather someone who's clenched his buttocks and mouth the mostpart of this game, just so we can gain some Data.
SK?R DIG, SK?R DIG F?R FAN. SK?R DIG TILLS DU D?R.

June 01, 2011, 03:30:14 pm
Reply #419

Offline Palmar

« Reply #419 on: June 01, 2011, 03:30:14 pm »
Official Votecount, 8h30m before lynch:

TTaM: 8
Kawe: 5
Archz: 4
Delling: 2
Intrinsic: 1
Shiftey: 1

Mouseh, Graxlos, Nachmanun, Shanski, Archz and Blackwhale still haven't voted. Remember that failure to vote will result in a mod-kill.
Trolls are awesome!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 05:26:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

71 Guests, 0 Users