Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia II - Story of the Iron Edge - Ship Deck

June 01, 2011, 06:09:09 pm
Reply #435

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

Re: Mafia II - Story of the Iron Edge - Ship Deck
« Reply #435 on: June 01, 2011, 06:09:09 pm »
##Vote: Tronz
SK?R DIG, SK?R DIG F?R FAN. SK?R DIG TILLS DU D?R.

June 01, 2011, 06:11:44 pm
Reply #436

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #436 on: June 01, 2011, 06:11:44 pm »
I realise I haven't contributed all that much, sorry for that - would be nice to have exams out of the way before this game got really juicy, hope I'll survive 'till the 5th of June :P

As for now, the "accidental" trend towards Tronz is something I could support, but I won't be changing my vote from TTaM until I see how Tronz reacts to being accused. (We discussed it briefly on irc - he's gaining a few votes now due to inactivety and the level of his posts being in the lower end of the spectrum. That Graxlos voted for him was supposedly random, but it's really not the worst choice here, better than kawe, as tyler said.)

I also note Kawe becoming awefully quiet today, but maybe he's just sleeping :P

Loving your rp, Grish! I would, like others have mentioned, appreciate if you did some reasoning within it, or do a few better posts concerning your choices!

before I forget.. Globox seemed upset on irc when I pointed out his tone was accusative(a word?), I hope that was not worth picking up in reality..!
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

June 01, 2011, 06:12:46 pm
Reply #437

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

« Reply #437 on: June 01, 2011, 06:12:46 pm »
I think that before we go off and lynch loudmouths (who'll probably help us in the long run more than someone who is quiet, blue or not) I think we should atleast start with someone who is quiet.

My own suspicions thus far is ofcourse Shiftey...

Doesn't that look inconsistent? You say we shouldn't be too concerned with loud active people just yet and go for the quiet ones and then you suspect me, one of the most active posters? Contradicting yourself in your own posts, well done.

Wow, anal defensive.

As you'd understand if you tried to not just sling shit around from my post is that at this point in the game I think it's bad to lynch the loudmouths, that doesn't mean I don't suspect them the most, but it's better to kill the quiet ones.

I suspect you and Daekesh, not enough to claim lynches but I have a hunch.
SK?R DIG, SK?R DIG F?R FAN. SK?R DIG TILLS DU D?R.

June 01, 2011, 06:34:23 pm
Reply #438

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #438 on: June 01, 2011, 06:34:23 pm »
Here we go, my epic tirade on why Intrinsic is either a) useless or b) a rebel.

First up, he's posted almost nothing. According to Emptyy's chart, he didn't actually post a single time yesterday (the same as Tronz). At least Tronz has been a bit more active today, while Intrinsic remains deathly silent.

Now, Intrinsic COULD be a blue -- I mean, he's a new player, and if he has a fancy role, he'll almost certainly be playing a careful game. But even if he is a blue, he needs to contribute more. There's no point in him being quiet, accumulating votes, and only then revealing his role just before he's lynched. If he's a blue, he should be scheming and analyzing and working out who to hit/track -- and unless he's been secretly conducting lots of investigation (which I doubt), he's simply been useless.

Let's take a look at his posts to see just how useless he is to the Imperial Ideology:

* It recently came to our attention that Vorte has never watched Star Wars and so as a loyal member of the imperial army, I shall be watching him closely!

* What galactic star system is Trondheim in?

Then he goes and attacks Vorte:

* I shall follow suit on the aim of casting out such a mindless soul.
Let the rest of us live in the comfort that we no longer need to occupy the same space as this foul man.

I'm not entirely sure why he attacks Vorte. He switches to Arches after a good post by Tyler, though. He probably voted for Vorte just for (useless) fun. Oh, he also mentions the whole not-watching-Star-Wars thing AGAIN... great.

Curiously, Tronz now votes for Intrinsic to be lynched. Intrinsic's only response is a single frowny face :( Why would the second most useless player vote for the most useless? Are they both newbie blues? Newbie rebels? Tronz says he's voting for Intrinsic just because 'everyone has an equal chance of being rebels'. Cool.

Finally, Intrinsic shifted his vote from Arches to Kesh at the end of May 30 (two days ago!!)

He has not said a word since.

He is either useless, or a VERY SCHEMING rebel/blue (this is v. unlikely IMO).

##Unvote: Kawe
##Vote: Intrinsic

Now I have a home page.

June 01, 2011, 06:59:10 pm
Reply #439

Offline Intrinsic

• Guild Member

« Reply #439 on: June 01, 2011, 06:59:10 pm »
I'm completely new to this game and so have no idea how it's played. As you can see with my posts they're not entirely serious. I've been playing quietly for this first day to get a 'feel' for the game. That may be rebel play in your eyes but all I can say is i'll post more when I feel comfortable doing so.

I've also just finished uni, really busy writing CV's and applying for god knows what at god knows where.

Hope that helps!

(I may post a text wall after tonights raid so i'm not completely useless)

June 01, 2011, 07:00:14 pm
Reply #440

Offline shankski

• Guild Member

« Reply #440 on: June 01, 2011, 07:00:14 pm »
With regards to Emptyy, I haven't posted a considerable amount because I have nothing to add that others haven't already said. It is still very early in the game and we don't have a great deal to go on.

June 01, 2011, 07:05:18 pm
Reply #441

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #441 on: June 01, 2011, 07:05:18 pm »
Loving your RP, Grish! I would, like others have mentioned, appreciate if you did some reasoning within it, or do a few better posts concerning your choices!
as shanks says there currently isnt much to go on so cant realy put any reasoning in the RP
hopefully we will get some more information once we get to day 2

PS: Instrikt the first day is ending in like 5 hours or so
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

June 01, 2011, 07:06:21 pm
Reply #442

Offline Intrinsic

• Guild Member

« Reply #442 on: June 01, 2011, 07:06:21 pm »
Fuck, i'm useless.  :(

Perhaps tomorrow then!

June 01, 2011, 07:10:18 pm
Reply #443

Offline Emptyy

• Forum Member

« Reply #443 on: June 01, 2011, 07:10:18 pm »
I'm a bit unsure, but I THINK I like trend towards voting on the quiet people. If it isn't necessarily clever to vote in this way so early, it's at least a way to make the game more interesting. We don't want to end up with many inactive players towards the end, do we?

I voted for TTaM because I thought (and think) voting Kawe is a bit high risk so early. Now that Kawe seems safe for another day, I will reconsider and probably change my vote this evening.

Shankski, there isn't much to go on, that's true. Still, you're in the low-activity-group, and can therefore look a bit 'off', no matter what your reasons and motives are.
Vanilla chars: Hunter, rogue, shaman

June 01, 2011, 07:13:08 pm
Reply #444

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #444 on: June 01, 2011, 07:13:08 pm »
Switching votes to low-activity players definitely seems to get them to speak up. No idea if it's a viable strategy or not -- but it's worth trying out.
Now I have a home page.

June 01, 2011, 07:22:26 pm
Reply #445

Offline Chippen

• Guild Member

« Reply #445 on: June 01, 2011, 07:22:26 pm »
I'm gonna hop on the Tronz bandwagon, while I still think Kawe is a tiny bit suspect, Tronz seems a better day1 lynch target atm, so without further ado

##Unvote: Kawe
##Vote: Tronz

June 01, 2011, 07:23:56 pm
Reply #446

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #446 on: June 01, 2011, 07:23:56 pm »
I'm in a similar boat as intrinsic with regards to not knowing the game well, i AM watching though and taking it all in, i think untill we've got a solid pattern of votes there's not a lot to say thats valuable (that hasn't already been said with charts etc)

Sorry for my quietness!
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

June 01, 2011, 07:25:43 pm
Reply #447

kawe

« Reply #447 on: June 01, 2011, 07:25:43 pm »
I like that there's finally some analysis, and that people are seeming to remain open minded.

The things you say about Intrinsic could, I think, have been summed up by saying "isn't he really quiet?". This is true and something to keep note of, but I never thought of it as somehthing requiring as big a post as yours. Additionally, with regard to uselessness, I would imagine most people would agree that Arches and Tronz beat him out in that regard.

Intrinsic's posts aren't much to speak of at all, as you cover. The 'not being comfortable' to post is something that I hid behind in the previous game.

One other thing that has been bugging me is that if TTaM was rebel, it would have been extremely foolish to try and get a lynch on me; no matter how it turned out - me lynched, him lynched - he would be revealed.

So I'm trying to think about it from the two possible points of view. By coming up with a story for each side and sharing them, it allows us as a group to think about it, which is largely going to be better than any one person doing so.

Rebel TTaM: Reads post against him; panics, doesn't think to point of the holes in it, gets angry at me. Feeling 'already caught', goes for the vitriolic attack on the accusor - at best, lynch an imperial, at worst, be lynched which 'would have happened anyway'.

Imperial TTaM: Reads post against him; as an Imperial who knows he is imperial, takes it, with it being strongly against him, as being a sign I must be a mafia, but is disheartened when votes pour in in response to the post, or perhaps because they are rebels supporting it, and makes the vitriolic posts.

June 01, 2011, 07:36:56 pm
Reply #448

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #448 on: June 01, 2011, 07:36:56 pm »
##unvote TTaM
##vote Hugman

I'm still not sure about TTaM, but this discussion on Tronz and Intrinsic did open my eyes a bit. I went back and re-examined post of inactive players. Hugman starts off active and quickly goes after Arches. After it's clear people aren't joining in/or backing off lynching Arch we haven't heard a thing from Hugman.

Tronz and Intrinsic might be able to hide behind the 'it is my 1st game' defence, although that only goes so far imo. It is NOT Hug's 1st game and he has shown himself to be vocal last game and early on this game. Now it's just silence with the occasional 'hear hear'.

June 01, 2011, 07:40:29 pm
Reply #449

Offline tronz

• Guild Member

« Reply #449 on: June 01, 2011, 07:40:29 pm »
aye I'm sorry that i not posting very much but tbh i got a bad result with an exam last Monday so I'm been very busy trying to find out if there is a way to solve the problems it created. ill try and get time to read up on the last 10 pages.

what i did notice tho was that shiftey said a lot of things that gave me the feeling he was trying way to hard to look like he cared, while making lots of drama. this could just be his way of playing ofc. but nothing to base anything on atm.

also on a side note those that don't speak up much could be trying to use what happened
last game. where those that didn't talk much was killed the first night. so they are townies trying to get killed to save blues. but it could also be a reserve trick, no way to know. nothing much can be made out of behaviour this early on. you have to get into the game so you can see a differences in behaviour.  

some people are smart like kawe(just an example). he is writing in a very different way than last game. this could be because he is a townie and therefore trying to help us but it might as well be a new cover since we knew how he acted last time and we would therefore lynch him first chance we got.

the only tactic i see working right now would be is to get rid of the best players. so that it will be easier to spot the rebels because of their lower ability. this could ofc backfire and we kill of an awesome player that was a blue.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 05:19:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

56 Guests, 0 Users