Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia II - Story of the Iron Edge - Ship Deck

May 30, 2011, 02:08:08 pm
Reply #120

Offline Shiftey

• My Facebook page
Re: Mafia II - Story of the Iron Edge - Ship Deck
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2011, 02:08:08 pm »
Also I would like to support Yoica in his statement that we should minimize the use of IRC or when speaking out your mind on IRC, sum it all up on the forum as well, cause all the information we gather is crucial and important to successfully finding the rebels.

If the channels are split and each of us have different pieces of information, we are all going to be all over the place and generally wrong. It's a very strong tool the rebels can use against us.

May 30, 2011, 02:08:29 pm
Reply #121

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2011, 02:08:29 pm »
Are you saying that you're a new hope, Delling?
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

May 30, 2011, 02:09:50 pm
Reply #122

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2011, 02:09:50 pm »
Ho ho!

I know that's a Star Wars reference, but as I've only seen them once... I'm not sure if you're calling me out or not :P
Now I have a home page.

May 30, 2011, 02:10:49 pm
Reply #123

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2011, 02:10:49 pm »
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

May 30, 2011, 02:12:08 pm
Reply #124

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2011, 02:12:08 pm »
omg but is it the 1st or 4th film?!?!
Now I have a home page.

May 30, 2011, 02:13:11 pm
Reply #125

Offline Blackwhale

• Guild Member

« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2011, 02:13:11 pm »
It might be wise to vote for a captain before we start focusing on lynching someone, we could always gather information about whom might be maffia by looking at peoples "campains". The more people speak the more of a chance they mess up.

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."
-Mark Twain

If pluto isnt a planet because its a dwarf, does that mean dwarfs aint people?

May 30, 2011, 02:17:27 pm
Reply #126

kawe

« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2011, 02:17:27 pm »
TTaM: Why did you say I'm making accusations, when I've not made any, only made public notes of things to keep in mind? Why do you say Dell is defending me, when if anything he's raised the idea of maintaining suspicion of me? Why do you say my points are 'flimsical' when I've done nothing but went on things that have happened?

Why did you ignore that Stormtrooper or Bounty Hunter are ideal candidates for captain? Or that given the length of the game and the huge numerical advantage we have, that even losing one other blue role to being jailed for a few days at the gain of a safe, Imperial captain is still a gain?

Why would you assume that most of the people running for captain are red, when there's more chance that the majority - at at the very limits of likelihood, an equal number given reluctance of some blue roles - of them are telling the truth?

Why, in general, is your play not focused around the assumption of truth at all at this very early stage of the game, but on casting doubt?

Regarding early voting: Getting votes on the go is an excellent way to really get the pressure on the scum - not only on the chance that the scum is subject to a vote themself, but also because they feel pressured to cast their own vote. If it turns out the person subjected to votes IS scum, then the pressure from the second point is further amplified. Getting votes on the go is great for the Star Destroyer. As far as doing it before/after anything else to get more accurate information: we can all change our votes. There's therefore no reason not to get to work on all voting asap.

Speaking of Captaincy, I'll indeed be running for it.

##Support: Kawe

May 30, 2011, 02:28:08 pm
Reply #127

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2011, 02:28:08 pm »
People with night actions really don't want to be the captain as he's probably going to be jailed after that post suggesting it by Vdti.  So that limits the number of candidates.  I did say that it was probably an equal amount of red and green players.  You make good points about stormtroopers and bounty hunters.

There is no need to repeat the truth that everyone is saying about themselves in posts.  There is a need to analyse what they are posting to see if any information can be gleaned from between the lines.

Nobody has outright accused anyone of being anything thus far - but you have added people to "your list" (in your opening post, no less).
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

May 30, 2011, 02:29:13 pm
Reply #128

Offline Shiftey

• My Facebook page
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2011, 02:29:13 pm »
I've gone over the posts again, there's a lot of non-sense but I am gonna tell you what I want answers for now.

Chippen has accused 3 people right from the get-go with no real reasoning, namely: me, Eetion and Vorte, although I do admit he accused me and actually everybody who runs for the captain of being rebels.

I would like to see some reasoning for your accusations and solid points Chippen, give us your thoughts.

Also, if you claim to be private, then executing someone purely based on you disliking the person is a terrible play for the Empire and in no way helps us.

Then, in concordance with your thinking, you voted for someone who hasnt announced his intention to run for captain, TTaM. Could you please explain why, so we can understand that reasoning?

May 30, 2011, 02:29:38 pm
Reply #129

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2011, 02:29:38 pm »
##Support: Kawe

Played very good the previous game, let's hope you're not scum again :p

Also, we should send Tyler to outer space imo, doesn't look like his bloodlust were sated in any way in the previous game.

Death by snoo snoo!

May 30, 2011, 02:39:05 pm
Reply #130

Offline Vdti

• Guild Member

« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2011, 02:39:05 pm »
Well, seems like this thread is picking up nicely. Being at work, I cannot be as active during the day as many of you.

Reading through today's posts, I have to agree that putting pressure on people in the beginning is what gets the game going, but I still have an ugly gut feeling about Kawe, Delling and ET. Haven't really got anything solid to base it on, might just be early aggression that makes them stand out a bit.

As for the captain role, I'm a private my self, and therefore I will be running, as long as I can have a jailer to protect me from assassination. The more privates we can get into to the race for captain, the lower the possibility of a rebel captain becomes.

So here we go, Vdti for captain!
##Support: Vdti

May 30, 2011, 02:48:00 pm
Reply #131

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2011, 02:48:00 pm »
re: Kawe -- I'm not comfortable with someone who is THAT intelligent/scheming being the Captain. If he's innocent, it's all good -- but if he's a rebel, we're massively boned.

I think a 'puppet' captain might be a bit more sensible, or at least someone not quite so pro.
Now I have a home page.

May 30, 2011, 02:52:39 pm
Reply #132

Offline Vdti

• Guild Member

« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2011, 02:52:39 pm »
Well, not so sure about the puppet captain thing. A captain just listening to others and not thinking for him self has the risk of being talked over to do the rebels bidding without knowing it him self.

And if a 'soft' rebel captain is elected, we're still in a bad position as the captain would probably do what the jedi tells him to anyways.

May 30, 2011, 02:55:14 pm
Reply #133

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2011, 02:55:14 pm »
Well, no matter who we elect, their actions will have to be monitored. It's not like a puppet captain could change his vote without everyone else knowing.

But yes, there's a higher risk of a puppet captain being swayed more than he should, I guess.

(I'm not sure how strong/how high value the captain is, so it's a bit hard to work out what the best setup is.)
Now I have a home page.

May 30, 2011, 03:08:18 pm
Reply #134

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2011, 03:08:18 pm »
After thinking about what was said on TS just now (a vote for nobody is a vote for a mafia win,) I think I'm going to put down some votes.

I think Vdti has shown his dedication to the cause the most by suggesting the 'jail the captain' plan.  I don't think he would have suggested this if he were mafia.  So, I'm going to support him.

##Support: Vdti

While Arch may be useless at this game (or maybe not,) I don't feel he will really affect it in any way, even if he is mafia, he's not going to be making all the decisions in their camp (no matter his role.)

Other than Archz, I think the most suspicious person so far (even if his motives are just "to get the ball rolling") is Kawe.

##Vote: Kawe
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 04:12:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

50 Guests, 0 Users