Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia III - World War III

September 25, 2011, 03:13:31 pm
Reply #255

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

Re: Mafia III - World War III
« Reply #255 on: September 25, 2011, 03:13:31 pm »
Well, no.  I'm saying that any non-axis country that reveals itself to be a nuke wielder irl is a good target.  Obviously such a country in the axis is not a good target for them...

Does this imply that people who revealed themselves to be nuke-wielding countries are more likely to be in the axis? /ponder
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

September 25, 2011, 03:18:51 pm
Reply #256

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #256 on: September 25, 2011, 03:18:51 pm »
My Governement was mearly absent from the days events due to internal issues (RL-work) in our state.

I am very much a part of this issue Shifty, and want to find the true culprit(s) of the South Korean massacrer as much as the next world leader.

And our country is still morning over the loss of Japan.
The only man foolish enough to roll a DK tank.

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

September 25, 2011, 03:45:01 pm
Reply #257

Offline Blackwhale

• Guild Member

« Reply #257 on: September 25, 2011, 03:45:01 pm »
The one who got hugman to run away into space is a country with a night action. This probably means its a country that is likely to have nukes aswell. Or dont have nukes but got other nasty perks. This makes all the people that havn't said what country they are suspicious (yes i know im one of them). As shifty said before kendoki have played well in maffia games before and if he's a country like US and a part of the axis ontop of that. This would be bad news for the world.

A vote to get him out in the sunlight so i can have a proper look at him.

##Vote: Kendoki

« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 11:55:43 am by Palmar »
If pluto isnt a planet because its a dwarf, does that mean dwarfs aint people?

September 25, 2011, 03:48:32 pm
Reply #258

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #258 on: September 25, 2011, 03:48:32 pm »
How do you know it was a country with a night action?  The axis has a nightly kill.  One person "died" at night.  Highly likely that it was them than killed him, wouldn't you say?
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

September 25, 2011, 03:53:04 pm
Reply #259

Offline Blackwhale

• Guild Member

« Reply #259 on: September 25, 2011, 03:53:04 pm »
Perhaps my english skills failed to explain what i ment kesh. I think that the reason hugman is no longer with us is because the axis used their night kill. I then assumed that the country of the axis that had the night kill got other things aswell. To balance the game i think its safe to assume that the axis got nukes aswell and if so one of the countries with nukes (france, US and russia) are with the axis.

September 25, 2011, 04:02:32 pm
Reply #260

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #260 on: September 25, 2011, 04:02:32 pm »
..What?  As far as I know the 'night kill' isn't a country-based action, it's just an action taken by the axis.  It's not given to any country specifically.  In every other mafia game the 'godfather' only had to assign somebody to do it.  The person that usually did the killing in previous mafia games was the generic mobster, with no other special abilities.

You see to 'assume' far too much is different from last game.  And, considering you were already on my watch list:

##Unvote: Arches
##Vote: Blackwhale
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

September 25, 2011, 04:03:42 pm
Reply #261

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #261 on: September 25, 2011, 04:03:42 pm »
Perhaps my english skills failed to explain what i ment kesh. I think that the reason hugman is no longer with us is because the axis used their night kill. I then assumed that the country of the axis that had the night kill got other things aswell. To balance the game i think its safe to assume that the axis got nukes aswell and if so one of the countries with nukes (france, US and russia) are with the axis.

There is absolutely no reason to assume that the country has to have nukes in real life. If so you must take into account that this game takes place in 2028 and any country by then could have gotten nuclear missiles and other neet stuff.
I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

September 25, 2011, 04:08:27 pm
Reply #262

Offline Blackwhale

• Guild Member

« Reply #262 on: September 25, 2011, 04:08:27 pm »
If i was maffia i think i would know how the night killing worked kesh, as i dont know this i think my lack of knowledge puts me in the green zone. I've never played maffia so i missed out on the neat PMs from mods.

I think you're green but it will be interesting to see who sees this as a good opportunity to kill of another green.

September 25, 2011, 04:19:09 pm
Reply #263

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #263 on: September 25, 2011, 04:19:09 pm »
I can see why you might get suspicious of me, from my rambling about my Aids, but it happens to be my faith and burden to carry.
It's getting worse...

I've had a bit of reading to do after my not so great start in this game, and it seems alot of you think i am a snoozing evil guy who lurks under a carpet of Aids..

But however I think the UN should be looking at:

Blackwhale
 - Mainly because of his reasent post about assuming countries with nukes irl has to be within axis of evil.

Vorte
 - Like myself havnt said much, and i know i shouldnt toss rocks when i live in a glass house, but i think he should be considered.

Archz
 - I agree with Hugman in many games that Archz isnt the ideal person to keep for long-term games, way to inconcsistent and has an immense "random factor" in him.

Sintrael
 - He seemed to have alot of interest in getting Kagemoth out, assumed that he had nukes as Japan.

This is all just some initial people i've looked a bit upon, but it is limited what time i can spare duo to the family issue at this point.

I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

September 25, 2011, 04:24:35 pm
Reply #264

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #264 on: September 25, 2011, 04:24:35 pm »
Blackwhale, unlike the previous 2 games we don't know what all the abilities are, but we can assume Mafia/conspirators get a night kill each night. Otherwise it would be near impossible for them to win. They usually also have 1 or 2 one-time kills.

September 25, 2011, 05:17:48 pm
Reply #265

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #265 on: September 25, 2011, 05:17:48 pm »
Im trying to get a feeling for this game, but we have even less information than we are used to so its really difficult to conclude anything useful.

If there is a connection between country and abilites then it would be more important for the axis to know since it would tell who to target. If the country is connected to your allegiance it would be more important for us to know since it would help us decide who to lynch.

Personally I declared my country because I saw no clear connection to either and since the ball was rolling, I didn't want to seem suspicious. It would be fun with a mafiagame where all posts were made as RP reprenting different countries, I thought this might have been the point with the countries giving us some RP background.

As stated in all earlier games its very dangerous basing anything on the first lynch if its unsuccesful. You have nothing to go on and is most likely to fail and you have a handful of players that want to hit the wrong target.

Tyler was very quick with his TTaM accusations, but not out of character compared to his earlier games, so even though I think most people agree that ttam is innocent I dont think we can conclude him as mafia.

Vorte was one of the few people that "completely agreed" with Tyler, which was a game he played when playing ninja last game, makes Vorte seem more suspicious than Tyler imo.

Shiftey started a pretty meaningless vote on Kendoki based on lack of posting I think, but I agreed with him that voting for abyiss who is a total noob would be a waste.

Hugman joined the anti declaring club and suspected everyone wanting to declare countries and then choose to vote for Archz who was the second player to declare country. So in his mind (and hugman has been killed) 
these are prime suspects:
Grish started the wave, Archz was second, Yoica followed up with an indication (hard to determine the reasons behind him ony indicating his nation),then Vdti, Eetion as ZA
This is where tyler and hugman starts to discuss wether declaring is a good idea.

Then TTaM declares North korea , Kagemoth declares Japan, Shiftey accuses china and declares UK.

Shiftey then continues to suggest that the rest declares their countries he is supported by Surim.

Graxlos declares China and is followed by Sintrael claiming to be a country that likes Curry, Vorte follows by declaring a country that likes spicy food.

This means that more than half the players have revealed or lied about their countries.
Should we look for the mafia in the early revealers, the late revealers? or the non revealers?

In hindsight I would probably not have revealed my country but I think it atleast adds something to theorize about, without the countries we would have nothing to go on.

I think blackwhale is way off but Im not sure that makes him mafia, I dont really see any evidence against kendoki either. I think my main candidates right now are Archz, Vorte(perhaps failed state again but what are the odds) and Abyiss for not really participating /acting weird.

Bears like alts!

September 25, 2011, 05:58:59 pm
Reply #266

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #266 on: September 25, 2011, 05:58:59 pm »
What I completely agreed with Tyler on was that revealing what countries we are had not yet been given a good reason for, which I still stand by. Don't go all word-twisty on me!

I find it rather hard to make use of what investigative nations have learned with the whole "talk only in the thread" part of this game.. is there a "safe" way of getting information out?

Lame I know, but I've been away from computers and\or drunk the last two days, thus my poor post-count, I'll be stepping it up. Right now, without any real new information other than that Hugman is at loss of gravity, what can we deduce? I fear we're set for a whole lot of wifom.. Are you making a voting thingamabob btw, Starbrow? Like you did in the last game?
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

September 25, 2011, 06:07:19 pm
Reply #267

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #267 on: September 25, 2011, 06:07:19 pm »
I see you are all piling in to reveal your countries. I still haven't seen any good reason to do so. Does it not just help the scum to pick their target?

I do need to vote though as I am out on the piss tonight. North Korea has to be a great choice for our inital target right? I mean who in their right mind would claim that one? If you are scum, good guy or rogue, hihi attention.

##Vote: TTaM
While I completely agree with you, Tyler, did you factor in that people can lie as much as they want regarding what country they are?
Sorry I didnt mean to twist your words but it was not obvious which part you completely agreed with.
I mean if you thought TTaM was lying would you really think he was town?

Bears like alts!

September 25, 2011, 06:14:58 pm
Reply #268

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #268 on: September 25, 2011, 06:14:58 pm »
My bad, what I meant by that was not related to whether or not TTaM was telling the truth, just that just because someone says they are a country doesn't mean they are.

Like you, I'm still trying to really grip this game. I suppose it is entirely possible that someone blue\green could lie about their nationality to hide something "bigger", like whether or not they have nukes or whatever, but picking North Korea as a cover doesn't seem sane at all.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

September 25, 2011, 06:28:55 pm
Reply #269

Offline Tyler

• Guild Member

« Reply #269 on: September 25, 2011, 06:28:55 pm »
So Kage was innocent, quelle surprise. As Yoica pointed out there are bound to be some scum in the people who voted for him: Grax, Grish, TTaM, Kendoki, Sintrael.

Here is TTaM on why he wanted to vote for Kage. No reasoning to be hung with afterwards, just "I don't want to vote Abyiss".
Definitely think more votes for Abyiss at this point is a bit pointless then.

I'm just going to vote for Kagemoth instead.

##Vote: Kagemoth

Kage even noticed it himself on the next line.
Random or predetermined. Are you trying to make yourself look more neutral , it sure looks that way to me.

Personally I don't see any reason to switch away from TTaM. I'm not going to wall of text it, but nothing he has posted makes him look like he is scum hunting to me. I find Grax's assertion that "most people think he is innocent" quite entertaining too.

The idea that he is innocent because scum would not claim NK is silly. No one in their right mind would claim NK, scum or not. So it cannot be used as proof of innocence. My guess was that he misunderstood the "life-like abilities" part.

##Vote: TTaM

P.S. If someone could do one of those "who voted for whom and when" spreadsheets that would be grand.
Oh God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son"
Abe says, "Man, you must be puttin' me on"
God say, "No."
Abe say, "What?"
God say, "You can do what you want Abe, but the next time you see me comin' you better run"
Well Abe says, "Where do you want this killin' done?"
God says, "Out on Highway 61"

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 09:47:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

113 Guests, 0 Users