Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the ToT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Recruiting!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Recruiting!
Apply as a Social member
All are welcome to apply
 Mafia III - World War III

September 27, 2011, 05:05:45 pm
Reply #480

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

Re: Mafia III - World War III
« Reply #480 on: September 27, 2011, 05:05:45 pm »
I'm guessing he has the ability to infect 1 country when he dies.  Perhaps a chain effect, so in another 2 days, another country dies and gets infected... an interesting mechanic"
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

September 27, 2011, 05:08:28 pm
Reply #481

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #481 on: September 27, 2011, 05:08:28 pm »
If only i could :(
I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

September 27, 2011, 05:14:56 pm
Reply #482

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #482 on: September 27, 2011, 05:14:56 pm »
The problem with such mechanic though would be that the "host" would have to choose a new target for the disease, so lets say i could give it away and gave it to a green guy, it would litteraly be a Mafia kill 2 days later. Then the green have to choose, and having odds against him would probably get yet another green infected, which leads to another extra mafia kill.
Even if i hit a mafia, first, it would still be an extra townie kill for the mafia the 2nd "bounce".

It would be an interesting mechanic, but also way to random and i would say totaly favorizes mafia to win games if such thing was to be truth.

Instead of thinking about my Aids, you should instead use that energy on finding scums, there is no need to try and find conspiracy in whether or not this Aids can hurt you. The Aids is my burden, and mine only to bear.
Eetion/Fred/ET

September 27, 2011, 05:16:13 pm
Reply #483

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #483 on: September 27, 2011, 05:16:13 pm »
Maybe it's to compensate for a lack of other abilities for the mafia.  Maybe you are mafia and it's your poisoning ability.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

September 27, 2011, 05:33:39 pm
Reply #484

Offline Kendoki

• Guild Member

« Reply #484 on: September 27, 2011, 05:33:39 pm »
Right, first thing :
Sindia you suck for not voting, for whatever reason(s) you may had.

Second, the revealing of countries :
Been reading from the start and something been bugging me and i cant seem to get around it, the following :
Poor South Korea :(  So many SC2 players gone!

Who's behind it I wonder?!

Where Archz replies :
North Korea ofc!

Then Grishnag starts the whole revealing of country thing, followed by Yoica, Vdti, Eetion, Kagemoth, Archz and then TTaM claims to be indeed North Korea.

I get the feeling Archz fucked up with him saying "North Korea ofc!" and where Grishnag and Yoica tried to safe the situation by revealing themselfs to be Canada and Germany and hoping that people followed which many did and therefor let the whole Archz saying "NK ofc!" blow over. Later TTaM somewhat safely says he is indeed North Korea.

Third, the voting :
TTaM has 3 votes at 16:00
Kagemoth has 4 votes at 16:00
Abyss has 3 votes at 16:00
Archz has 2 votes at 16:00

TTaM has 4 votes at 22:00
Kagemoth has 5 votes at 22:00
Archz has 4 votes at 22:00
Abyss has 1 vote at 22:00

TTaM votes for Kagemoth for one bullshit reason.
Grishnag is following the one with the most votes at 17:00, making Kagemoth with 5 votes. Reason Grishnag picks Kagemoth is he copies the reason from 3 other people.
Yoica picks a random target with no votes at 18:00, in this case Eetion.
Archz switches the latest at 22:00 to Eetion also, for being silent.
Abyss picks the most stupid one, Archz.
All with all their votes are very simple, with no real reason, while the rest of us build up their votes with arguments.

Anyway, this is after re-reading day one and with Abyss being in mind for a member of the Axis of Evil. Dinner now....

We are the preservers of the balance, now and forever, as Malfurion lies in the Dreaming. Never forget this.

September 27, 2011, 05:42:16 pm
Reply #485

Offline Vdti

• Guild Member

« Reply #485 on: September 27, 2011, 05:42:16 pm »
One thing I cannot get out of my mind is this:

IF the mafia shot down the nuke headed for Eetion in an attempt to frame him as a red, what would they gain? If they did nothing he would be dead anyways?

By saving him, they gave him another night to use his night time ability (should he have one), and then hope for us to vote him for a lynch the next day. I don't see what they would gain from this, it just prolongs Eetion's life by a night.

Now, if we vote to kill him, and he's green, what would the mafia have accomplished? Okey, we killed a green, but he would have been dead already if they didn't save him?

September 27, 2011, 05:47:36 pm
Reply #486

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #486 on: September 27, 2011, 05:47:36 pm »
A wasted vote is a mafia vote.  That's potentially part of the axis that is now alive instead of Eetion.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

September 27, 2011, 05:54:22 pm
Reply #487

Offline Blackwhale

• Guild Member

« Reply #487 on: September 27, 2011, 05:54:22 pm »
It would only make sense to for the axis to save ET if it would give him time to use his night action. Perhaps aids works as the poison kill did in earlier games, you rape someone and they have another day to live.

Abyiss could have saved ET and then have him not use his night action aswell (if he have one) and by that make him look green.
If pluto isnt a planet because its a dwarf, does that mean dwarfs aint people?

September 27, 2011, 06:02:47 pm
Reply #488

Offline Vdti

• Guild Member

« Reply #488 on: September 27, 2011, 06:02:47 pm »
A wasted vote is a mafia vote.  That's potentially part of the axis that is now alive instead of Eetion.

This is true, but it would also mean that we did not kill another green. Could this perhaps mean that the mafia feels pressured?

September 27, 2011, 07:51:41 pm
Reply #489

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #489 on: September 27, 2011, 07:51:41 pm »
To answer Blackwhale, there is another reason why the mafia would stop a nuke, using and SDI from an Axis member who is by 99.99% dead already, i wrote it before and its here again. Axis and UN loses if the world ends in a Nuclear Winter/radiation gets too high.
You can all think about me and my aids as you want.
As for the part on who and why the nuke towards me was shot down, i believe it is an act done from abyiss, as the Axis people could see that Abyiss was likely to be taken down, they made him use his 2nd SDI in an attempt to frame me as being Red.
I know Abyiss public announced the first SDI, but if you read:

You are Sweden
Volvo is evil, Ikea is evil, Abba is evil, Saab is evil and Telia is most definitely evil.

You have hidden behind your neutrality for decades, only to research in secret the most advanced weaponry available to man. You have two SDI missiles available. You can use them to shoot down any nukes in the air. Please send a PM to the hosts of the game to confirm you're shooting down the warheads.

It says nothing about him having to public announce if he is shooting down the Nukes, which means that he could very well have been the one taking my nuke down.
Now you ask - But why?. Pretty simple, if the world ends in a nuclear winter The Failed states wins and Axis and UN loses, so instead of polluting the world more than necessarry, they try to frame me into being saved by a Red and therefor likely to be taken down in the next days lynch.

However i'm telling you this again, even though i have been having this Aids thing going, you should all wait until the Dawn of day 3 before you start putting me into any kind of Axis business. It will be alot more clear to you that i am a true Green and my people, the people of South Africa, only want to see a no-radiant solution and to find a world in peace and not in constant war against eachother.

The only reason to save me is to avoid unecessarry pollution, along with frameing me as an Axis member, this part has clearly succeeded, yet im finding it hard to believe that everyone seems to be so concerned about me, im gonna try once again - It will all be sorted when morning comes, and hopefully all of you will see that i have been framed and is not a part of any evil Axis..
Eetion/Fred/ET

September 27, 2011, 10:14:28 pm
Reply #490

Offline Tyler

• Guild Member

« Reply #490 on: September 27, 2011, 10:14:28 pm »
Good posts from Kendo and Grax. I would like to add/reinforce a few points.

Yoica's sheet, while very useful, is no indication of innocence. Remember Emptyy!

I agree that Cwave is not completely proven green. While it is unlikely that the axis would have blown so many abilities to get us to believe one of there own was innocent, it is possible. We don't want a Kawe situation again. I really do find it improbable though, just something to bear in mind.

I don't think we can conclude anything from ET being saved. We don't know which side did it. The axis might simply have done it to protect the world from fallout and not waste Abyiss' second SDI. They might have figured he would die of aids anyway or get lynched. Alternatively a green with SDI might have seen ETs posts when he knew he was going to die and decided to save him.

Also I forgot to make this point here after getting warned for doing it on IRC. IMO nuke launches should not affect the way we want to vote. They might be duds or the target might have a "veteran" type ability. We should vote regardless.

Other random thoughts. Shiftey is very quiet this game. I still think the "let's reveal country" train was a bad idea and was pushed by axis to find their best target. Surim and Grish are now totally silent.
Oh God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son"
Abe says, "Man, you must be puttin' me on"
God say, "No."
Abe say, "What?"
God say, "You can do what you want Abe, but the next time you see me comin' you better run"
Well Abe says, "Where do you want this killin' done?"
God says, "Out on Highway 61"

September 27, 2011, 10:17:29 pm
Reply #491

Offline Tyler

• Guild Member

« Reply #491 on: September 27, 2011, 10:17:29 pm »

But they could have left ET to die and then got another green lynched.
Oh God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son"
Abe says, "Man, you must be puttin' me on"
God say, "No."
Abe say, "What?"
God say, "You can do what you want Abe, but the next time you see me comin' you better run"
Well Abe says, "Where do you want this killin' done?"
God says, "Out on Highway 61"

September 27, 2011, 11:56:09 pm
Reply #492

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #492 on: September 27, 2011, 11:56:09 pm »
Or they could have gotten ET killed and not another green?  Which green doesn't matter.  They had something to make ET look red, they used it.  You are just making a useless point.

Though, I do agree that some people are really too quiet.

Also a note, so far your game Tyler has basically been:

- Kesh is evil
- Kesh is evil
- Kesh is evil
- Kesh is evil
- Kesh might be good after all

Which sounds to me like it will be shortly followed by:

- Kesh has been killed by the mafia.

I see you plan!
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

September 27, 2011, 11:58:32 pm
Reply #493

Offline Palmar

« Reply #493 on: September 27, 2011, 11:58:32 pm »
##Day

Mexico has fallen!

Shocking news! The great country of Mexico has been wiped out during the night. Nothing remains where once there was a ton of hats, tequila and aztec buildings. No one cares about the Aztec buildings, but we kinda miss them hats.

All the UN investigations found were some drugs, well... it's Mexico.

Vorte - Mexico - has been annihilated!

You are Mexico

You are Mexico, you just like Tacos.

That's about it.

Oh, and you smuggle drugs. You can choose one player to give cocaine one night. They effectively become crazy, and if they are visited during the night they will murder the shit out of their visitor.

Latest headlines!

Eetion, the President of South Africa has long fought a losing battle against AIDS in his country. It has now become clear that the battle is lost! Every citizen of South Africa has been infected with the deadly Virus. This is terrible news, as it's a doom judgement over the South African people.

Be nice to them as their nation lives out it's last days.

In other news...

Radiation levels are Low

Someone is feeling sick!

It is now day 3, night falls 23:59 thursday evening
Trolls are awesome!

September 28, 2011, 12:00:50 am
Reply #494

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #494 on: September 28, 2011, 12:00:50 am »
Eetion was green, then.

Poor Vorte :(
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 04:20:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

241 Guests, 0 Users