Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the ToT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Recruiting!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Recruiting!
Apply as a Social member
All are welcome to apply
 Mafia III - World War III

September 28, 2011, 11:04:39 am
Reply #510

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

Re: Mafia III - World War III
« Reply #510 on: September 28, 2011, 11:04:39 am »
Due to color-failure from the last post:

So, is Eetion still alive or?

Yes, but all of africa has aids and death is due
SK?R DIG, SK?R DIG F?R FAN. SK?R DIG TILLS DU D?R.

September 28, 2011, 11:57:17 am
Reply #511

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #511 on: September 28, 2011, 11:57:17 am »
A new dawn, and I'm at a boring lecture, thus it has been analysis time!

Kendoki:
Was apparently voteblocked on day 2, which on first thought should make him green. The problem is that we have no clue who has what abilities, including voteblocking, so I'm not so sure. He's made some good posting though, so I'm leaning on green.

Shiftey:
Suspicious of Sintrael/Surim/Grishnag, most of which is decently justified. I think he is overemphasizing the whole "no net for sintrael" though. Puts some heat on Tyler for his Abyiss support, but I think there's a bit too much wifom logic in his analysis, when you remember that Tyler could just genuinely have thought that Abyiss was green, a noob and thus, bad. In general I think Shiftey is over-aggressive in several parts of his analysis.

Sintrael:
Had a rough time with internets. Otherwise lacking content. I hope you're going to pick it up now Sint, and put in some proper contributions. If you continue on a silent/small post streak I would mean you're out of excuses and start to look red. For now, I know RL can be a bitch, and I'm cool with cutting you some slack. Not for long though.

Surim:
Posted some rather weird shit on day one. A part that really stands out is his suggestion that we should all reveal our countries, yet he hasn't done so himself. I think this very weird, and it might be an indication that he's not working with the general wellbeing of the UN in mind.

TTaM:
Lots of posts throughout the game, and started out a bit aggressively. I think this is pretty normal for TTaM though, so that in and of itself doesn't say much. He's had good analysis, good questions and doesn't afraid of anything. However, I think that this statement of his has been too overlooked:
Quote from: TTaM
Definitely think more votes for Abyiss at this point is a bit pointless then.

I'm just going to vote for Kagemoth instead.

##Vote: Kagemoth
The excuse seemed to be that Abyiss might be modkilled, but it could also be a very subtle deflection attempt from a red to a green.

Tyler:
Several people have been very critical of Tylers posting this game. I personally do not think he's really behaving so differently. He was the first to point out how TTaM rather randomly changed his vote from Abyiss to Kagemoth, but then failed spectacularly in predicting whether Abyiss himself would be red or not. It might seem very very incriminating that he defended a red at first sight, but putting that much power into it would surely be suicide if he was scum? There's a chance that he was just wrong and objecting to what he saw as a bandwagon.

It is good that he didn't reveal, as I've stated several times, I don't see how it could help town. His analysis is good as usual. His advice not to blindly trust those that some people suddenly see as "greens" without 100% confirmation is good town play. So far acting more in the interest of town than the more silent people for sure.

Vdti:
Has openly claimed to have a roleblocking ability, and has let us know who he's used it on. The only issue is that Eetion can now not confirm that he was indeed roleblocked, as he is... well, dead. If he's green, his ability might get him killed soon. If he's red, openly admitting to a certain role could be an attempt at gaining trust. Personally though, I'm leaning on the former.

Vorte:
Is now dead :( Suspected that Blackwhale was the failed state. Thought ET was red. Pointed out lacking posts of Surim, and Grishnag. Was slightly suspicious of Tyler, didn't exaclty lean on him being red. Thought Yoica somewhat green, along with Cwave, TTaM and myself. We only have confirmation on ET, and he was wrong on that one, so I'm not sure we can base much on who he suspected and who he didn't. His statements certainly don't clear anyone.

Yoica:
Has made a spreadsheet. This doesn't mean either or. Also stated that he was roleblocked last night (does this mean the most recent one, where Vorte died, or the first one, Yoica?) by the Axis. However, Vdti claims to have done the blocking, and I don't think Vdti is red, so how can you be sure Yoica? Were you told that it was a scum action, or not? Posted that there was no reason not to reveal, which I still hugely disagree with.
-----------------------------------
That's finally me getting through the list of players. To return to the top, Archz has some interesting immunity, and Blackwhale hinted at having info about him. Archz also revealed quickly, which I dislike.

Yoica, Surim and Blackwhale stand out to me overall. I'd like to hear more about what supposed "info" Blackwhale has on Archz, since only hinting at it is equivillant to admitting having investigation info, but not sharing it with the wide UN forum doesn't help any of us at all. It also reeks of bluffing, or at least silly indecision.

It really fucks with the analysis that we can't link abilities to either side, as is apparent from Abyiss having a "defensive" ability. It would certainly be easier if we could assume alignements from them like in previous games...

If any of you have thoughts about my analysis, or disagree, do speak up so we can get more content!
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

September 28, 2011, 12:01:21 pm
Reply #512

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #512 on: September 28, 2011, 12:01:21 pm »
'Sup guys? I'm back! (Denmark was awesome, gonna post some pictures)

I've done my best to read up on all the pages, but I am quite hung over so I probably missed some of it. First of all, sneaky Blackwhale trying to nuke me eh? Well as you might have figured out, that won't work! So don't waste any radiation level on nuking me at least! If you're so bent on killing me then lynch me instead :p

Gonna do my best to explain all the bads:

1. Shitty posting - Yeah it's been a lot of random stuff, I had a lot going on but it's a poor excuse. And I feel that 20 pages back we didn't have that much to go on, will try to do better now!

2. Shitty voting - I feel that me trying to start a bandwagon on Abyiss the very first day should give me some points at least. If I were evil axis that would've been a really bold move.

The Tyler vote was lazy vote, I'll admit that! It was based on nothing more than some sort of inverse inductive reasoning :p Tyler have yet to be mafia, so maybe now was the time (Same argument could be used against me ^^ )! I had to get the vote out of the way because I was leaving, and I really couldn't get online to play some mafia (I tried! Fkkn useless 3G network)

Now, if I read correctly, Blackwhale investigated me and I turned up red? It's a shame we don't got much to go on what roles there are in the game, but I guess it's fair to assume that I could have been framed (or "miller state" ?).

I will just post this for now and go puke my brains out

September 28, 2011, 12:09:14 pm
Reply #513

Offline Vdti

• Guild Member

« Reply #513 on: September 28, 2011, 12:09:14 pm »
Vdti:
Has openly claimed to have a roleblocking ability, and has let us know who he's used it on. The only issue is that Eetion can now not confirm that he was indeed roleblocked, as he is... well, dead. If he's green, his ability might get him killed soon. If he's red, openly admitting to a certain role could be an attempt at gaining trust. Personally though, I'm leaning on the former.

I would just like to point out that I cannot role block, I can vote block, and I was the one that blocked Kendo, so it doesn't say anything about his green/red affiliation.

September 28, 2011, 12:16:19 pm
Reply #514

Offline Shiftey

• My Facebook page
« Reply #514 on: September 28, 2011, 12:16:19 pm »
Oh, it seems I was a victim of cyber attack last night. Just read my message.

September 28, 2011, 12:18:08 pm
Reply #515

Offline Vdti

• Guild Member

« Reply #515 on: September 28, 2011, 12:18:08 pm »
And great, just checked my PMs as well, and it appears me poking Eetion has given me aids as well. :-[

September 28, 2011, 12:21:24 pm
Reply #516

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #516 on: September 28, 2011, 12:21:24 pm »
I would just like to point out that I cannot role block, I can vote block, and I was the one that blocked Kendo, so it doesn't say anything about his green/red affiliation.

This is indeed a typo on my part. Yes, it should read voteblock rather than roleblock. Sorry.

This means what? Just telling us all that "something" happened to you isn't really helping us...

And great, just checked my PMs as well, and it appears me poking Eetion has given me aids as well. :-[
The second post that appeared while I was making this one. Sucks to be you  :o Should've worn a rubber I guess?
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

September 28, 2011, 12:24:29 pm
Reply #517

Offline Shiftey

• My Facebook page
« Reply #517 on: September 28, 2011, 12:24:29 pm »
This means what? Just telling us all that "something" happened to you isn't really helping us...

I don't want to really disclose my vulnerability now... but it means I cannot launch nukes :( It's a tragic day

September 28, 2011, 12:32:17 pm
Reply #518

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #518 on: September 28, 2011, 12:32:17 pm »
A new dawn, and I'm at a boring lecture, thus it has been analysis time!

Kendoki:
Was apparently voteblocked on day 2, which on first thought should make him green. The problem is that we have no clue who has what abilities, including voteblocking, so I'm not so sure. He's made some good posting though, so I'm leaning on green.

I actually have Kendoki on my scum list. His previous analysis starts of based on the "North Korea ofc!" comment, but lets be honest who didn't think of that right away when they read South Korea was nuked? Purely based on the RL situation with possible nukes in North Korea. He goes on to make seemingly sound arguments, but they all build upon this. He is also the 2nd person to have voted for Kagemoth when both TTaM and Abyiss had more voted and this really started the ball rolling on Kagemoth.

Shiftey:
Suspicious of Sintrael/Surim/Grishnag, most of which is decently justified. I think he is overemphasizing the whole "no net for sintrael" though. Puts some heat on Tyler for his Abyiss support, but I think there's a bit too much wifom logic in his analysis, when you remember that Tyler could just genuinely have thought that Abyiss was green, a noob and thus, bad. In general I think Shiftey is over-aggressive in several parts of his analysis.

Agreed he is aggressive, but in the previous game he was the same way. Not quite sure where he sits though.

Sintrael:
Had a rough time with internets. Otherwise lacking content. I hope you're going to pick it up now Sint, and put in some proper contributions. If you continue on a silent/small post streak I would mean you're out of excuses and start to look red. For now, I know RL can be a bitch, and I'm cool with cutting you some slack. Not for long though.

He claims he couldn't post, despite making 7 posts  :-\, but when you get down to it. If he was maffia he could've just said I have no time so I'll vote: random green and be done with it for the day. The fact he actually risked a modkill by not voting shifts him somewhat to the green side, for now at least.

Surim:
Posted some rather weird shit on day one. A part that really stands out is his suggestion that we should all reveal our countries, yet he hasn't done so himself. I think this very weird, and it might be an indication that he's not working with the general wellbeing of the UN in mind.

Only thing I have to add here is his very late vote on blackwhale. Was this an attempt to save Abyiss?

TTaM:
Lots of posts throughout the game, and started out a bit aggressively. I think this is pretty normal for TTaM though, so that in and of itself doesn't say much. He's had good analysis, good questions and doesn't afraid of anything. However, I think that this statement of his has been too overlooked:
Quote from: TTaM
Definitely think more votes for Abyiss at this point is a bit pointless then.

I'm just going to vote for Kagemoth instead.

##Vote: Kagemoth
The excuse seemed to be that Abyiss might be modkilled, but it could also be a very subtle deflection attempt from a red to a green.

Yeah the vote to Kagemoth was a bit odd in my eyes and it's one the reasons he, combined with Kendoki (see above), are on my scum list.

Tyler:
<snip>

I'm not sure at all what I think about Tyler.

Vdti:
Has openly claimed to have a roleblocking ability, and has let us know who he's used it on. The only issue is that Eetion can now not confirm that he was indeed roleblocked, as he is... well, dead. If he's green, his ability might get him killed soon. If he's red, openly admitting to a certain role could be an attempt at gaining trust. Personally though, I'm leaning on the former.[/quote]

This caught me completely off-guard I didn't for a moment think that a non-red could have a role-block. Maybe in part due to the fact I had that power as a rebel in the previous mafia game. I guess the fact that Abyiss as a scum had 'saving' powers should've warned me about that possibility. Although as you've said it doesn't clear him from being red and could just be a ploy to others to share more than they should.

Yoica:
Has made a spreadsheet. This doesn't mean either or. Also stated that he was roleblocked last night (does this mean the most recent one, where Vorte died, or the first one, Yoica?) by the Axis. However, Vdti claims to have done the blocking, and I don't think Vdti is red, so how can you be sure Yoica? Were you told that it was a scum action, or not? Posted that there was no reason not to reveal, which I still hugely disagree with.[/quote]

I was blocked the most recent night. As stated at Vdti I didn't even think a green could have blocking powers. I stick the fact that there no reason to not reveal since it's abilities that matter, not countries. By the same logic it doesn't matter if you don't reveal.

-----------------------------------
That's finally me getting through the list of players. To return to the top, Archz has some interesting immunity, and Blackwhale hinted at having info about him. Archz also revealed quickly, which I dislike.

I actually think Archz is a failed state with 2 lives (think ninja in the 1st game)

Yoica, Surim and Blackwhale stand out to me overall. I'd like to hear more about what supposed "info" Blackwhale has on Archz, since only hinting at it is equivillant to admitting having investigation info, but not sharing it with the wide UN forum doesn't help any of us at all. It also reeks of bluffing, or at least silly indecision.

We'll see if blackwhale has done more investigating tonight. That will quickly prove if his 'investigation' powers are true.

It really fucks with the analysis that we can't link abilities to either side, as is apparent from Abyiss having a "defensive" ability. It would certainly be easier if we could assume alignements from them like in previous games...

Yup, that is what screwed me over.

September 28, 2011, 12:33:06 pm
Reply #519

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #519 on: September 28, 2011, 12:33:06 pm »
Whoops, missed [ quote ] tags at the 2nd paragraph for Vdti and myself.

September 28, 2011, 12:33:35 pm
Reply #520

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #520 on: September 28, 2011, 12:33:35 pm »
UGH 1st* paragraphs.

September 28, 2011, 12:35:17 pm
Reply #521

Offline Sintrael

• Guild Member

« Reply #521 on: September 28, 2011, 12:35:17 pm »
(to clarify again Yoica, i was at work when i made those posts)

September 28, 2011, 12:36:07 pm
Reply #522

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #522 on: September 28, 2011, 12:36:07 pm »
Wait what?! Vdti you claim to have role-block me when I stated it earlier, but now you are saying you can only vote-block? You don't remember who you vote-blocked? because you responded to my post saying you did it. But I didn't get vote-blocked!

September 28, 2011, 12:44:46 pm
Reply #523

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #523 on: September 28, 2011, 12:44:46 pm »
i am sorry for my lack of posts last couple of days... i dont realy have a explenation for it

ill try to explain a few things of the last couple of days
starting with why i revealed my country: i realy saw no reason not too (still dont fyi) i means very little because as i found out now not all abilities are realy country related i mean i never expected sweden to be evil and have 2 SDI's allthough the cocaine, aids and multiple nukes sound related to country
anyway i will say it again i saw no reason not to reveal my country and still dont Abyiss could have claimed Sweden at the start and i wouldnt have expected that he would be EVIL

anyway as for my vote for Tyler on the second day it was basicly a non vote for i was not totaly convinced Abyiss was red ( i was wrong i now know) nor was i too sure about Blackwhale either so i voted for Tyler who i didnt (and still dont) trust fully because as someone said he is playing a different game from the last 2 games he played the other reason was so i would not be mod killed

i hope that clears a few things up and i will try to post more
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

September 28, 2011, 12:46:29 pm
Reply #524

Offline Vdti

• Guild Member

« Reply #524 on: September 28, 2011, 12:46:29 pm »
Wait what?! Vdti you claim to have role-block me when I stated it earlier, but now you are saying you can only vote-block? You don't remember who you vote-blocked? because you responded to my post saying you did it. But I didn't get vote-blocked!

I think you misunderstood there, I said I vote-blocked Eetion, not you.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 04:21:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

241 Guests, 0 Users