Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia III - World War III

October 01, 2011, 01:40:55 pm
Reply #720

Offline Kendoki

• Guild Member

Re: Mafia III - World War III
« Reply #720 on: October 01, 2011, 01:40:55 pm »
Graxlos :

I'll allow nukes until 21:00 sunday night, 3 hours before the deadline. Go nuts!
We are the preservers of the balance, now and forever, as Malfurion lies in the Dreaming. Never forget this.

October 01, 2011, 01:53:10 pm
Reply #721

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #721 on: October 01, 2011, 01:53:10 pm »
Fkkn palmar, then we only have 3 hours.

Bears like alts!

October 01, 2011, 01:54:09 pm
Reply #722

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #722 on: October 01, 2011, 01:54:09 pm »
I'm going to vote for Arch.  Looking back at day 1, we have Shiftey voting for Abyiss.  Maybe the mafia plan was to vote for each other on day 1 to screw with us if one of them got killed?  Abyiss voted for Arch.  Also a consideration is that Arch seems impervious to nukes.  So, yeah...

##Vote: Archz
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

October 01, 2011, 02:00:02 pm
Reply #723

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #723 on: October 01, 2011, 02:00:02 pm »
So my first action as a red was to try to get a bandwagon on Abyiss while he was at work and didn't post? Have I even stood up for a red about to get killed?

For ages now you've been on the clear that I wasn't red, what changed?

October 01, 2011, 02:04:13 pm
Reply #724

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #724 on: October 01, 2011, 02:04:13 pm »
I looked at Shiftey's history.  He made it very clear that he thought Abyiss was red.  Now we know both are red.  Maybe it was something other mafia did as well?

I was under the impression that you weren't red because Abyiss voted for you.  I doubted that he'd vote for a red in his first game, on the first day.  However, if they were doing a 'vote for a red guy' tactic, that throws some suspicion your way.  Especially as his reason for voting for you was a bit shit.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

October 01, 2011, 02:15:47 pm
Reply #725

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #725 on: October 01, 2011, 02:15:47 pm »
So Cwave got vote-block by Vdti, but who got role-blocked tonight? We also still don't know who got role-blocked the first night. Now it might have been hugman that got blocked which would indicate the role-blocker is a green since mafia wouldn't block someone that they are going to kill.

October 01, 2011, 02:17:48 pm
Reply #726

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #726 on: October 01, 2011, 02:17:48 pm »
Why not?  The order is roleblocks -> roles -> kills.  Role blocking still serves a purpose, especially if you don't want the person talking about their role block.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

October 01, 2011, 02:20:54 pm
Reply #727

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #727 on: October 01, 2011, 02:20:54 pm »
Yeah, but why the heck would you do that on the 1st night? 2nd maybe, 3rd/4th more likely because you more info then, but to waste 2 abilities as mafia on 1 person on the first night? Not impossible, but it would be pretty stupid.

October 01, 2011, 02:21:41 pm
Reply #728

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #728 on: October 01, 2011, 02:21:41 pm »
Maybe.  But getting back to Arch and Abyiss for a moment:

If we consider that, perhaps, Abyiss was thrown under the mafia bus, take a look at the other voters for him on that first day:

cwave - i'd say green
kage - green
arch
blackwhale
shiftey - red
yoica
eetion - green
vorte - green

I'd say it's likely that at least 1 more of those is red - so either Archz, Blackwhale or Yoica.  
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

October 01, 2011, 02:34:26 pm
Reply #729

Offline Kendoki

• Guild Member

« Reply #729 on: October 01, 2011, 02:34:26 pm »
The whole thing about TTaM is the following;
- i already stated in an earlier post about the whlole NK come-out. The Archz claiming NK did it, the early start of declaring country and then TTaM coming out to be precisely be NK.

- he tried to stop us from posting at night :
You're not meant to be posting at night btw, Abyiss!
Which was a consensus during last game. Granted he might not have read the few things written out by Palmar.

- he switches around the whole revealing country : first he is pro, later he is against, then pro, then against, pro again, continue...
Maintaining the whole idea everyone could be lying what country they are. Clearly he forget the most important thing, you should go out from the fact people are telling the truth. Could TTaM be the one lying?

- his whole defence against Tyler on day 1-2. He is so defensive and trying to convince us all he aint the bad guy. He got something to hide? Why so defensive, if you are green you shouldnt worry to much.

- he tries to stop the lynch on Abyss
I still think Blackwhale is the better target for now.  Wasting a lynch vote on somebody that has little ties in the game is a bit useless, especially when he has potentially used up his special power now.

- he brings up the point of the launching of nukes should change our voting, bringing up the point that we should instead vote another one cause he gets nukes anyway. Then later he disagrees when people started voting for Archz.
Let me get this right, you want to vote to lynch Arch, even though he's probably about to be killed by a Nuke?  Why don't we all just vote for Arch and waste our lynch vote.  A town not lynching is a town that's going to be killed by mafia.

It is better to lynch no one than to lynch someone innocent yes. Do you not agree?

I don't think either of the top 2 are guilty, so while it is a shame to waste a lynch, it is the least bad path.
But then he says the following :
As Vd said, it could have been a dud.  I think it's pretty clear he was nuking Arch to stop people voting for him.

- The whole argument between Tyler and TTaM that continues to this day forward, first he is into defensive mode, later he switched into agressive mode. Its almost the same Shiftey did with Sindia.

- he supports Shiftey with the whole Sintrael argument :
Sint, it's a pretty basic premise.  You posted 7 times in a day, but didn't vote.  People think you weren't mod-killed because you were red.  You've also spent the past few days defending yourself on the forums.  Another red thing to do.

You should stop worry so much about yourself and talk about the other people in the game and maybe they will vote for somebody else. Constant posts trying to defend yourself are not helping, just digging the hole deeper.

- his voting reasons are none; he just votes back and forth with funny one-liners or just plain votes. There are no reasons behind it.
##Vote: Kagemoth
No reason rlly given in the post.
Archz, are you now implying you are part of the Axis?

##Vote: Archz
Supporting Shiftey
You see to 'assume' far too much is different from last game.  And, considering you were already on my watch list:

##Unvote: Arches
##Vote: Blackwhale
For what reason he votes for Blackwhale? For assuming too much?
As for voting, I'm a little suspicious of Starbrow.  Some of his conclusions are such polar opposites of the impression I currently have of the game (and of the people I think are green,) I can't help but think he is red, trying to steer us.

##Vote: Starbrow
Right; because he disagrees.

And ofc, the whole Surim, Blackwhale, Surim.

To summarize, he is switching back and forth. He holds no good reasons for anything. When we discuss a thing, he makes a one-liner and steers us into a different direction then we originally were.

We are the preservers of the balance, now and forever, as Malfurion lies in the Dreaming. Never forget this.

October 01, 2011, 02:35:04 pm
Reply #730

Offline Kendoki

• Guild Member

« Reply #730 on: October 01, 2011, 02:35:04 pm »
oh crap... something went wrong

October 01, 2011, 03:32:50 pm
Reply #731

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #731 on: October 01, 2011, 03:32:50 pm »
I only ever actually gave 1 opinion on revealing.  And that was that people who were urging everyone to reveal were suspicious.

Also, with respect to Tyler, none of my responses to him were about me at all, but about other things happening in the game.  The one exception to that is when he suddenly thinks I'm nice and I suspect a mafia hit is coming my way.

I notice you didn't post any quotes from the above 2 items.  Why the lies?
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

October 01, 2011, 03:56:42 pm
Reply #732

Offline Kendoki

• Guild Member

« Reply #732 on: October 01, 2011, 03:56:42 pm »
That's just a load of crap.  Anyone can claim to be anyone.  It doesn't matter what you claim because, despite our 'similarities to real life', we really have no clue what exactly each country does.  Germany for instance could have anything from more efficient nukes to damage bonuses vs jewish countries.

This is into response of Surim post about ppl that do not reveal are likely to be red.
Now from what i read here, people should be declaring what country we are, since it doesnt matter what we claim since we are most likely lying anyway.

Quote from: Yoica
We also don't know who Tyler, Abyiss, Cwave, Kendoki, Surim and Starbrow represent. There is really no reason not to state your country because it doesn't say anything about abilities you have.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there.  In my previous post on the subject I said it didn't matter what you said because you could just be lying and that we really don't have any idea what the abilities are anyway.  While this is still true, somebody brought up the point that saying you are a country that has nukes irl could make you a good target for the Axis.

I'm starting to become suspicious of people requesting this.
Here you are against people declaring, cause suddenly you became aware that the ones with nukes and are green are good target for the Axis.

Well, no.  I'm saying that any non-axis country that reveals itself to be a nuke wielder irl is a good target.  Obviously such a country in the axis is not a good target for them...

Does this imply that people who revealed themselves to be nuke-wielding countries are more likely to be in the axis? /ponder
Here you once again state you against it, after Yoica questions your earlier statement.

I think the declaration of many people on day 1, before anything had happened was bad. Sure it can give us info, but so the Axis of Evil has that info AND they can easy pick out the more "dangerous" countries.

This being said; i am going to take a closer look at the people who declared early on, perhaps it was just a clever idea of the Axis of Evil to reveal us all early on when nothing was known.

I think you are too stuck in the mind-set of the previous mafia games and not really looking at this one as a completely fresh entity.  Revealing your role in previous games is obviously almost always bad; you're going to get killed by the mafia or used or whatever.  Even then, however, there were some roles in the second game that relied on being killed by lynch or mafia.  Look at Kagemoth's special ability; had the axis tried to kill him then they might have gotten blown up themselves.
Here you are saying that while revealing yourself in earlier games was bad now its good, taking the only example possible namely Kagemoth.

As for the whole Tyler-TTaM thing not even gonna respond to that, not sure why you want to put that up for discussion even.

Anyway, i am letting you rest for the time being, i want to see some more input from the others.

October 01, 2011, 04:07:55 pm
Reply #733

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #733 on: October 01, 2011, 04:07:55 pm »
I was responding to Surim's assumption that people that haven't revealed are inherently more suspicious in that first quote.  Not about revealing in the first place.

The rest of that is about why certain countries might or might not choose to reveal themselves, not about revealing as a whole.  I said it's bad for some people, good for others.  Therefore urging everyone to reveal is suspicious.

I'd like you to find 1 post in which I defend myself against Tyler.  Is the reason you "aren't responding" because you simply can't?  I defend myself here not because you have tried to assail my character, but because you are out-right lying about what has been going on in this game.

When I call you out on your lies, you want to "let me rest".  This is a clear misdirection strategy.  Somebody getting too close to home with their votes/analysis, Mr. Kendoki?
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

October 01, 2011, 04:09:35 pm
Reply #734

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #734 on: October 01, 2011, 04:09:35 pm »
I'd also like to draw attention to my earlier post on "poke a red" mafia strategy and say that Kendoki was Shiftey's first vote.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 08:07:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

38 Guests, 0 Users