Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the ToT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Recruiting!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Recruiting!
Apply as a Social member
All are welcome to apply
 [Either Raid] Death Knight (DPS) - Definity [Declined]

August 02, 2011, 11:19:58 pm
Read 3820 times

Applicant

[Either Raid] Death Knight (DPS) - Definity [Declined]
« on: August 02, 2011, 11:19:58 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

Character: Definity
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Dunemaul/Definity/advanced
Class/Spec: Death Knight (DPS)
Raid: Either Raid

Personal Info:

James, 20 years old, UK, self employed

Spec:

My spec i use most is frost use unholy sometimes in pvp but frost is my preferable spec.  

Class:

Main stat i go for on my DK is strength then usually mastery, hit, haste and my rotation is horn of winter, outbreak, howling blast, then spamming obliterate and frost strike but always keeping diseases up.

Alts:

Alts i got Hunter 85 Mage 85 Warlock 85 Warrior 85

Professions:

On my DK i have full 525 blacksmithing with all the new daily recipies,most of the metal trader, old cata ones and new some new FLs trash drop ones.

Raid Experience:

Previous Guilds:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/Definity/simple

Availability:

Works usually just normal 9 to 5 not in college or school so no exams and no holidays planned.

Communication:

Speak fluent english from UK so no the language got Ts3 got mic so can come on if needed.

Computer / Connection:

Running mac and have fibre optic broadband so basically never have problems with connections or speed.

Addons/UI:

Just usual addons Dps meter, gatherer, DBM, Dotimer (for my lock) and master loot not like I really need it anymore but its always good to see trash drops.

Other Games:

Halo, Gears of war, FIFA just basically xbox and starcraft  

Why Iron Edge?

Because Id like to be in a guild who goes raiding alot and doesnt give up after 3 wipes as my guild usually does and i like the concept of raiding 25 man as i prefer it.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Another commited and friendly player willing to help out and a commited raider.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge??

Seeing players around the realm and some trade spam.

Last Words?

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 11:06:24 am by Pluug »

August 03, 2011, 02:55:37 am
Reply #1

Offline kagir

• Guild Member

Re: [Either Raid] Death Knight (DPS) - Definity
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 02:55:37 am »
Just commenting on your armoury:

1 glyph slot empty,
6 unenchanted items,
1 BS socket missing.

That is not OK with either of our raids. Also, you've put your highest DPS weapon on your offhand.

You've only reforged 1 item. Now, I'm not totally down with the DK simcrafting, but I'm pretty sure that you are missing something here. If I'm not mistaking, haste is your preferred stat. Why are you not reforging into that? (same kind of goes for some of your gemming).

Finally, mining is not a DPS profession. It's OK for tanking, but you should definitely pick up something like JC/Ench/Alc/Insc.

Good luck with your application.

August 03, 2011, 04:18:15 am
Reply #2

Offline Hellfighter

• Community Member

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 04:18:15 am »
Just commenting on your armoury:

1 glyph slot empty,
6 unenchanted items,
1 BS socket missing.

That is not OK with either of our raids. Also, you've put your highest DPS weapon on your offhand.

You've only reforged 1 item. Now, I'm not totally down with the DK simcrafting, but I'm pretty sure that you are missing something here. If I'm not mistaking, haste is your preferred stat. Why are you not reforging into that? (same kind of goes for some of your gemming).

Finally, mining is not a DPS profession. It's OK for tanking, but you should definitely pick up something like JC/Ench/Alc/Insc.

Good luck with your application.
This...

Class:

Main stat i go for on my DK is strength then usually mastery, hit, haste and my rotation is horn of winter, outbreak, howling blast, then spamming obliterate and frost strike but always keeping diseases up.

Your stat priority is wrong, It goes Strength > Yellow Hit to Cap > Expertise to Cap > Haste > Mastery > Crit for dual wield frost.
And your opener is kinda wrong, Why do you use Howling blast when already got Frost Fever up with Outbreak ?

As for now, the hc (hardcore?)/(heroic?) raid got 3 active death knights all good, and we don't need a fourth one, sorry.

I think this might be up to Zenath? to decide, but I don't think we need you at the moment. So good luck with your application.

I would recommend you to read upon frost death knights on this website: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t121704-frost_dps_4_2_against_all_odds/

Or death knights in general: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/

August 03, 2011, 08:29:40 am
Reply #3

Offline Pluug

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 08:29:40 am »
Hello Definity,
Thanks for applying, we can't fit you in A raid.
You will need to wait an answer from B raid leaders but i don't think you will get positive vote with this slacky approach.
No matter what happen try to fallow the Helfighter's links and get some better knowlage about your class, it will help you with some future applys.

emo? >3

August 03, 2011, 08:58:44 am
Reply #4

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 08:58:44 am »
Thanks for applying, but the B-raid doesn't have a spot for you either.

Take the advice from Kagir/Hellfighter to heart and may it help you with future applications!

August 03, 2011, 09:00:53 am
Reply #5

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 09:00:53 am »
Not hit or exp capped. This is the Most important stats for you. Crit is your last priority, all your reforging should be to haste, if not mastery after your caps are met.

Also, your missing enchants and blacksmith buffs.

I guess I could understand all these problems if you had recently switched from tanking to DPS, and was still sorting out your gear. But this doesnt look to be the case as your mainspecs are always dps.

Your tallents are a mess and your using sub par glyphs.

As is said already, if you read up on the links posted .. and sort your gear out, then reapply .. your have a much better chance of a possitve responce and possibly a trial :)

Good luck fellow DK!

Abyiss-
The only man foolish enough to roll a DK tank.

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 06:19:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

313 Guests, 0 Users