Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the ToT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Recruiting!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Recruiting!
Apply as a Social member
All are welcome to apply
 Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Plazmox

January 31, 2014, 12:44:06 am
Read 9990 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Plazmox
« on: January 31, 2014, 12:44:06 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

Character: Plazmox
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Plazmox/advanced
Class/Spec: Shaman (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

My name is waleed, I'm an Industrial Engineering student from Saudi Arabia.

Class/Spec:

My main spec is Enhancement and it is my favorite spec in the game since TBC from the day I watched Beavis's movie one shotting people with stormstrike. But, shaman was so boring to level back in the day. My off-spec is resto.

Alts:

My other main is a Protection warrior with 11/14 HC.

Professions:

Engineering and Herbalism. Engineering is both useful and fun. Herbalism for the haste buff, but I just switched to herbalism from skinning.

Raiding Experience:

I've been playing since January of 2008 and started playing a hunter and mostly PvPed back then and switched to raiding with WoTLK and cleared everything upto Sindragosa HC. On cataclysm I used to play a shadow priest and cleared up 3 HCs in Firelands (Didn't play DS). MoP, went back to the game on 5.3 with some old guild mates and my only serious raiding experience is from SoO in my warrior.

Previous Guilds:

I was the raid leader of old school gamerz on my warrior, however, the guild disbanded after losing too many main raiders after new year's.

Availability:

I am available all days except wednesday/sunday/tuesday (Which do not Conflict with Iron-Edge's raid times).

Communication:

My English is Ok.
Yes, I can listen and speak on TS3.

Computer / Connection:

No computer issues at all, I play from a MSI GT70 Dragon Edition 2 Laptop.
No connection issues either, I have invested a lot in my connection.

Addons/UI:

Bigwigs, WeakAuras, AngryAssignment, Quartz, Recount and Nug Combo Bar.
http://i.imgur.com/KMI8nrs.jpg

Other Games:

World of Tanks, League of Legends.

Why Iron Edge?

Iron Edge was my goal for a long time, I was just trying to have enough gear to even think of applying. I love 25 main raiding, it is how raiding should be.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I know my gear is nothing compared to your main raiders, but, I have a great knowledge over the game and my class and other classes and I will try my best to be a positive addition to the guild.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge??

WowProgress

Last Words?

I know the 2 Mains thing is a bit unsettling but I promise you it will NOT affect my attendance and my availability.

And I didn't find a place to post a WoL report so I'll just leave it here:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/aafv1eqo4mfq3oiv/

And Thank you for reading.

January 31, 2014, 01:20:29 am
Reply #1

Offline Nubby

• Former Member

• twitch.tv/nubbie99

Re: Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Plazmox
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 01:20:29 am »
Good application, good experiene. This guy should be able to beat every single melee dps in our current raid with gear so idd say lets get him in!

Also come support my livestream. Will be doing it every week Monday/thursday from 20-24. Heroic raids! Might do more during the week.  http://www.twitch.tv/nubbie99

January 31, 2014, 01:32:37 am
Reply #2

Offline Chayce

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 01:32:37 am »
Omg get this guy. We might have like 3 stormlashes in one fight. Its gonna be craaazy!

January 31, 2014, 06:54:22 am
Reply #3

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 06:54:22 am »
Well, it looks good. But... kinda weird that you have different days for some HC kill in SoO. Making it look like :
a) you were pugging with your shaman - and i donno if that could be true;
b) this is an alt.

Any way you can prove you're not joining with an alt would be appreciated.

I'm saying this because before i rejoined IE, our GM left the guild on his alt to join another. Since the group was terrible. They later disband.
Ba dun tss!

January 31, 2014, 12:08:29 pm
Reply #4

Offline Sinafey

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 12:08:29 pm »
Omg get this guy. We might have like 3 stormlashes in one fight. Its gonna be craaazy!

All at the same time though!

January 31, 2014, 12:42:42 pm
Reply #5

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 12:42:42 pm »
You say that is doesnt affect you that this is not your main. But then why dont you have two leveled raiding professions?

Bears like alts!

January 31, 2014, 03:55:05 pm
Reply #6

Offline Plazmox

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 03:55:05 pm »
You say that is doesnt affect you that this is not your main. But then why dont you have two leveled raiding professions?

As mentioned above, I

January 31, 2014, 04:02:20 pm
Reply #7

Offline Plazmox

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 04:02:20 pm »

As mentioned above, I recently switched from skinning to herbalism and it will be maxed out within 1-2 days from now depending on how much coffee I drink. And if you're asking about the engineering too, I just leveled it to the point where I can get the tinkers anything beyond that doesn't concern me.

I submitted too early in the previous post.

January 31, 2014, 04:09:51 pm
Reply #8

Offline Plazmox

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 04:09:51 pm »
Well, it looks good. But... kinda weird that you have different days for some HC kill in SoO. Making it look like :
a) you were pugging with your shaman - and i donno if that could be true;
b) this is an alt.

Any way you can prove you're not joining with an alt would be appreciated.

I'm saying this because before i rejoined IE, our GM left the guild on his alt to join another. Since the group was terrible. They later disband.

First of all, this isn't my first time with more than one main. Back in Cata I had a spriest and a hunter too and I was raiding with both on different days.

Second of all, I hate pugs just as much as anyone all of the exp I have on this shaman is either from friends' raids (A group of my friends we used to clear 14/14 every week, all main characters) or Guild runs who were missing a dps or a dps with an OS heal.

January 31, 2014, 06:08:50 pm
Reply #9

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 06:08:50 pm »
First of all, this isn't my first time with more than one main. Back in Cata I had a spriest and a hunter too and I was raiding with both on different days.

Second of all, I hate pugs just as much as anyone all of the exp I have on this shaman is either from friends' raids (A group of my friends we used to clear 14/14 every week, all main characters) or Guild runs who were missing a dps or a dps with an OS heal.

Ok, 2 main chars. Unless you're planning to have both in the guild and set one as main, other as alt and keep this guild the priority, then yes, all good. If not, the guild doesn't accept alts.

But seeing how your "other main character" is a 575 warrior. It seems to me you want us to gear your alt.

-this information is brought to you by our spy that will remain nameless.
Ba dun tss!

January 31, 2014, 06:41:48 pm
Reply #10

Offline Plazmox

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 06:41:48 pm »
Why is it so hard to fathom the idea of having 2 Main Characters? If you think I'm applying just to get gear then I don't blame you... coz I have seen many guild jumpers in my lifetime of playing wow, I do NOT care about gear at all I want is to raid with people who are fun,positive yet serious about raiding. I'm just interested in raiding, as I said I have a lot of time in my plate and I would like to raid with both characters. My second option would be pugging on this shaman.. an option I would never even consider. The raid times of pendulum and iron edge do NOT conflict with each other.

Consider this situation, A guy plays league of legends on wednesday,sunday and tuesday. And he applied to the guild because he found the community is great and he wanted to join it and second of all it suited his schedule. You're basically declining that guy because he plays league of legends in his offtime.

Anyway, if the option you have provided me with is non-negotiable I'd sadly decline it. However, I would love it if you reconsider.

January 31, 2014, 06:45:34 pm
Reply #11

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 06:45:34 pm »
I would say the only main negative to having 2 mains - each in their own guild with separate raid days/times.
Is that you're much more prone to burn out - and this will reflect in your attendance and focus.
The only man foolish enough to roll a DK tank.

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

January 31, 2014, 06:46:09 pm
Reply #12

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 06:46:09 pm »
We're not interested in you joining as a character, we want you (as a person) to join. So that means you'll have to join us with all of your characters, or you don't join at all.

I understand why you don't agree with this, but it's a fundamental rule we have here. You're gonna have to commit to Iron Edge. :)
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

January 31, 2014, 07:57:54 pm
Reply #13

Offline Plazmox

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 07:57:54 pm »
Thank you for the consideration and feedback. I had a talk with Mr. Kebab, we unfortunately couldn't reach a common ground.

February 28, 2014, 09:46:12 pm
Reply #14

Offline Plazmox

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 09:46:12 pm »
Hi, once more.

I don't really know how to start saying what I am going to say, but, at the time I made this application I was a new trial in pendulum and after time have passed I realized that I did not fit in the guild, I couldn't establish relationships with anyone. I don't think that they're the reason behind this, I just don't feel like there is chemistry between me and them.

I will add one more thing, all that time from the day I made my last reply to this post till now, all I could think  of is the community of Iron-Edge. I feel like games are supposed to be played with friends, and friendships should be a major part of any guild, if this essential part is missing that wouldn't mean that the guild wouldn't be successful but its success wouldn't feel the same.

With that being said, I would like to re-open this application whether if it was my 579 Prot Warrior, my 566 Enha shaman or both. I just want to join the community and venture through the rest of MoP and WoD together.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 12:21:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

277 Guests, 0 Users