Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the ToT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Recruiting!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Recruiting!
Apply as a Social member
All are welcome to apply
 PVP Application - Priest (Healer) - Gorat

February 26, 2014, 02:59:08 pm
Read 10255 times

Applicant

PVP Application - Priest (Healer) - Gorat
« on: February 26, 2014, 02:59:08 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

Character: Gorat
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Gorat/advanced
Class/Spec: Priest (Healer)
Member Type: pvp

Personal Info:

My name is Tobie, the full name being Tobie Immi Leroy Cheng Richardsson. I'm 20 years of age since February 5 and I am currently studying my last year of what would be, through the swedish school system, roughly translated as collage. I live in Stockholm, Sweden, but I study in a town roughly 200miles away which leaves me with an average of 6-7hours of commuting each day. Happy-go-fun-times!

I'm a friendly guy and although I have some shy tendencies when I'm around new people it usually doesn't take too long for me to get used to a new social group and I am not hesitant to voice my opinion.

Class/Spec:

I've always enjoyed playing the role of a healer and although I've always played around with every class and spec, the 4set Chakra and 2set Holy Spark changes seen in Pandaria finally gave the Holy Priest its spot in PvP as a low-cast high-output healer.

Alts:

I tend to max out every available class each expansion but for this perticular expansion I've played my Affliction Warlock(season 14) and Unholy Death Knight(season 13) above 2000 in RBG's. I have ocasionally played 2s and 3s as Restoration Druid, Holy Paladin and Holy Priest but I haven't actually played any serious arena above 2k since TBC.

(Jaenelle, Caeluria, Isdathorns, Endumen, Feelmypewpew, Dreanox, Douwn, Rhyann, Shaobu, Rukzhar)

Professions:

On my priest (Gorat) I currently do not have any professions since I haven't played the character competetively yet. Maxing prof's becomes quite the hazzard when you already have each prof' maxed.

If I had to max something it'd probably be LW/Enchanting because of the easy acquirable core stat benefits that comes with them, I much prefer passives over on-use abilities.

PvP Experience:

As mentioned before I haven't played any competetive(2k+) arena since TBC but back then I went 2.5k+ as an Elemental Shaman in 3s and 5s. As of experience in RBG's I started out as a Fire Mage/Feral Druid/Holy Paladin at 1800 my first season in Cata. (We were really just playing for fun inbetween Heroic Firelands and Heroic Dragon Soul) Also as mentioned in the "Alt's" section I went 2k+ in both season 13 and 14 as Unholy and Affliction respectively with Pumped PvP. I have a hard time evaluating my own performance so if you are further interested feel free to contact my former guild master Aniar of Pumped PvP for additional information.

Previous Guilds:

I started out as a PvE'r in Vanilla raiding MC/BWL/ZG/World Bosses on my Mage getting close to some server firsts on Frostmane. From there on not much happened, I stayed guildless in TBC on Stormscale and didnt do more than some casual arenas until the last two seasons (Vengeful and Brutal) where I managed to find a serious team for 3s and 5s as mentioned above. In WotLK I found my way back to Agamaggan and the guild "Tavern of the Lazy Peons". Here I finally found soil to put down roots and I stayed with the guild doing everything from server first Heroic progression to RBGs till the beginning of MoP when the guild had a fall out and pretty much got abandoned. This is when I found my way to Pumped PvP(which you probably know the story behind with various members applying) which I have stayed with since, although as of late I haven't been very active because of various reasons.

Availability:

With a solid schedule I can make myself available at the advertised 20:00 @ Tuesdays. Further availability will vary depending on schedule but nothing is impossible. As long as there's a heads up I will probably be available.

Communication:

English is my secondary languish and one that I enjoy. TS3 has been our main means of communication, I'm a good listener and I have a microphone available.

System / Connection:

I have a decent computer that works fine with most games. I rarely if at all disconnect and my standard FPS is around 60 and my MS around 24.
As of last week my FPS has dropped significantly due to unknown reasons, the internet providor has had some issues but those should be resolved by now.

Addons/UI:

UI: http://postimg.org/image/qm4pvcqjb/
AddOns(that affects gameplay):
BattlegroundTargets
InterruptBar
LoseControl
MikScrollingBattleText
sArena
Target Health Percentage
Tidy Plates
VialCooldowns

Other Games:

Borderlands, Starcraft, Warcraft, Diablo, L4D2, Portal, Hearthstone etc.

Why Iron Edge?

I'm looking for a guild with prospects for WoD be it PvE or PvP I enjoy both aspects of the game. As the current character is not properly geared yet (not full Grievous) a social spot to get a feel of the guild would be more then enough. Getting the last few pieces wont take long though.

What I can offer Iron Edge:

A well-rounded, steady and reliable player with experience in both PvP and PvE. Although obviously it's hard to contribute to a playerbase that are Multi-glads in the sense of knowledge. :)

Where I heard about Iron Edge:

Friends, guildies.

Last Words:

Will there be more cat pictures? :D

February 26, 2014, 03:53:03 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: PVP Application - Priest (Healer) - Gorat
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 03:53:03 pm »
Very nice application! I'm a little worried about your character not having a lot of stats to back up the claims you make in your application. Could you link the armory profiles of some of your formerly high-rated characters?

Also am I reading correctly that you got up to 2500 rating in The Burning Crusade?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

February 26, 2014, 04:07:32 pm
Reply #2

safire

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 04:07:32 pm »
Think this was a very well written application, nevertheless :)

Last Words:

Will there be more cat pictures? :D

Yes, loads and loads!

February 26, 2014, 04:49:25 pm
Reply #3

Offline Isdathorns

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 04:49:25 pm »
Of course! and yes that is from TBC and is hardly relevant, I would not rank myself at 2500 current rating.

This is my character for season 14:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Jaenelle/advanced

And this is my character for season 13:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Caeluria/advanced

February 26, 2014, 04:54:06 pm
Reply #4

Offline Aleynnah

• Former Member

• (Anarawen)

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 04:54:06 pm »
This is a very good application! Your experience in RBG's are good as well :)

If you're ready to do RBG's, I don't see why you would have a social spot instead.

February 26, 2014, 11:46:00 pm
Reply #5

Offline Tetsujinn

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 11:46:00 pm »
+ 1 to what Vanessa said , totally support this kind of ppl - friendly and putting effort . Hope to see you on board and active as well :)

Regards , Tets.

February 27, 2014, 03:08:48 am
Reply #6

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 03:08:48 am »
+ 1 to what Vanessa said , totally support this kind of ppl - friendly and putting effort . Hope to see you on board and active as well :)

Regards , Tets.

An effort? An effort would be HALF of what he wrote xD
Ba dun tss!

February 27, 2014, 09:27:15 am
Reply #7

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 09:27:15 am »
I'm a little confused as to why you don't have the 1550 achi in 3's on either character, nor armory statistics. Then again I may be missing something it's early. Also isn't 2500 pretty much rank 1 in tbc?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:28:54 am by Doomslay »
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

February 27, 2014, 10:48:51 am
Reply #8

Offline Isdathorns

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 10:48:51 am »
As stated in the application I haven't been doing much arena since back in TBC and the ranking was very far from rank 1 since there wasn't any cap on rating, back then the top teams went up to and above 3k :)!

February 27, 2014, 12:17:34 pm
Reply #9

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 12:17:34 pm »
Uh I think you're mistaken, there was a cap on rating at 3k until season 5, first team to go over 3k was in 2010. Also I think saying "not played any serious 3v3(2k+) recently" is kinda misleading as you haven't played anything in 3s above 1550 for like 5 years and currently have no proof of ratings, got any screenshots or titles from tbc?
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

February 27, 2014, 12:39:31 pm
Reply #10

Offline Aleynnah

• Former Member

• (Anarawen)

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 12:39:31 pm »
Even if he had 2500 or 1000 rating in TBC it's not relevant at all. Im gonna focus on his latest experience from the last few seasons and they seem good, at least in RBG's. This application is by far one of the better ones also!

Are you working on that gear though? It's not too good atm.

February 27, 2014, 12:42:25 pm
Reply #11

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 12:42:25 pm »
Even if he had 2500 or 1000 rating in TBC it's not relevant at all. Im gonna focus on his latest experience from the last few seasons and they seem good, at least in RBG's. This application is by far one of the better ones also!

Yeah but making it up is relevant surely?
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

February 27, 2014, 12:49:01 pm
Reply #12

Offline Aleynnah

• Former Member

• (Anarawen)

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 12:49:01 pm »

Yeah but making it up is relevant surely?

Ofc lying in your application is not acceptable..

But his experience back in TBC was on another account he says, so there is no way he can prove it and there is no way you or anyone else can prove it either, you have no right to claim he's lying.

February 27, 2014, 12:58:28 pm
Reply #13

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 12:58:28 pm »
Appart from the fact that 2500 was glad or rank 1 in tbc. I know you all get excited over an app over 30 words but I don't think you should brush aside 0 proof and a general misunderstand of rating caps at that time etc
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

February 27, 2014, 01:07:40 pm
Reply #14

Offline Aleynnah

• Former Member

• (Anarawen)

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 01:07:40 pm »
Appart from the fact that 2500 was glad or rank 1 in tbc. I know you all get excited over an app over 30 words but I don't think you should brush aside 0 proof and a general misunderstand of rating caps at that time etc

To prove it, or not to prove it - it's not relavant
If he claimed to have glad last season and couldn't prove it, i'd be bothered

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 10:19:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

232 Guests, 0 Users