Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the ToT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Recruiting!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Recruiting!
Apply as a Social member
All are welcome to apply
 Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Chavoledeni

December 24, 2015, 06:35:18 pm
Read 7472 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Chavoledeni
« on: December 24, 2015, 06:35:18 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Chavoledeni
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Chavoledeni/advanced
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Name: zOrg
Work: Occasionally employed

Class/Spec:

Arcane / Frost,  728 (couple ilvl lower on OS which i rarely use for pve these days)

WoW, there is actually a lot explaining to do about my rotation and priority of spells which i'd love to talk about one day but if possible using my voice and if it's ok with you guys to skip it here :D
Stats i'm chasing are various, mainly haste and mastery with some pinch of multistike :D

Alts:

Nope.

Professions:

Engineering / Tailoring  (wanted those damn mounts :D)

Raiding Experience:

In previous expansions i had a bit lower XP, was a type of guy who was not chasing progression over the friendly raids with IRL friends, but even like that i did some of the heroic bosses but nothing worth mentioning.Was playing pretty much every role and i don't find any of them hard to master, maybe just some takes more time than the others. Started playing WoD after HFC was released, around august this year, and since than i've managed to clear both both Highmaul and Foundry on Mythic and am currently stuck with only 7 kills on Mythic in HFC, all of those kills were in PUGs. I was very unfortunate not having good enough teammates to down more bosses.

Previous Guilds:

Only guild on Kazzak i've been in is Grand Theft Raiders  and they disbanded due to lack of people for mythic raiding (we were around 14, puging HFC HC every week)

Availability:

I'm pretty much available every day atm, exception is when i get called to work (which usually happens from 12 to 72 hours before, so there will be enough time to let you guys know if i'm unavailable)

Communication:

Yes i have TS3, i can listen, i can speak, but i prefer not to unless it's really necessary to inform rest of the raid.

Computer / Connection:

I believe i have decent PC, FPS issues happen from time to time during some huge aoes or lust, but never dropped under 20 fps i believe (those 20 was in some 40m BG...)
Internet connection is mainly stable, but like every internet connection there is slight chance to go down :)

Addons/UI:

DBM, ERT, Grid, Iskar assist, Quartz, ForteXorcist, OmniCC... They help me see things more clearly and help me with keeping track of abilities, casts, buffs, procs, CDs... and i just prefer iskar assist over RT frames :D

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii279/zorgisha/WoW/WoWScrnShot_122415_163514_zpsnyrjduwk.jpg

Other Games:

Hearthstone, World Of Tanks, C-Strike... Compared to WoW, some people might say that i'm not even playing them :D  

Why Iron Edge?

I like the casual amount of raids days while progress is noticeable :)

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I honestly don't know what to say about this... most of things i'd say are like attendance, patience,guy eager to down everything on mythic, but somehow i find all those things mandatory for any raider :) i wouldn't find myself very exceptional...

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I actually was playing for quite some time on Dunemaul, and i saw you guys recruiting here in trade chat.

Last Words?

Hope we could be taking this on next level, but now it's all up to you guys :)
Best regards.

December 24, 2015, 07:13:13 pm
Reply #1

Atlanteans

Re: Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Chavoledeni
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 07:13:13 pm »
Hey Chavoledeni, thanks for your application.

The question about how you play your class and specs is, in my opinion, the most important question in the application form. It is asked in text-format for a reason; it (potentially) allows everyone in the guild to get a sense of whether or not you understand your class (which is infinitely more important in the case of an under-geared/under-experienced applicant), allows examination of what you have said to be done at the reader's own pace and allows for the creation of a concrete reference for what you have said during said examination. These benefits simply cannot be obtained through voice chat. I am not an officer, so keep that in mind, but every other applicant is expected to put the effort into this critical section of the application form and I don't see a reason why the officers should make an exception. Personally, I think you should complete your application by replying to this thread.

Good luck on your application, I look forward to seeing what the officers have to say  :D

December 25, 2015, 09:44:14 am
Reply #2

Offline zOrg

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 09:44:14 am »
**Class/spec: -Rotation:
-Cooldown phase: Ok, so let's begin with the basics, arcane mages loves mana 'cause of the mastery, so that mana should always be above 90%, but in some cases it's ok to drop down below 90% and those cases are if mage is in the burn phase or if 4p set bonus is up (but not too much during 4p buff, cause it'll be lot harder to comeback from it and at some point it is no longer that much of a benefit, probably 1 or 2 extra Blasts). Arcane missiles procs are the second thing arcane mages love most as they are 0 mana cost damaging ability, they're mainly used when mana drops around 90% (preferably at 4 stacks of arcane charge but from my XP sometimes even 3 are fine) in order to gain some mana to pull off another ABlast or two before resetting our stacks with Barrage. Even if there is no 4 stacks of ACharge and there are 3 missiles proc,missiles should be casted at least once so procs don't overlap. Supernova should be used similarly as arcane missiles but when we have no arcane missiles in order to get extra damage + some mana regen and maybe proc of arcane missiles, but should be ignored if burn phase is getting close, so we could have both charges of SN for it. This is pretty much how the CD phase looks like and that's what arcane mages basically do, so called rotation.

-Burn Phase: Ok, so burn phase is pretty much the opener of almost every fight,should be timed with ring CD (if ring is being used as soon as it drops of CD) and goes like this: 1.5s before pull prepot and start casting AB and after that one another, if doom nova procs continue to 4 stacks, if not drop a crystal and continue to 4 stacks on crystal in order to proc prophecy on it. Once 4 stacks are reached popping up arcane power and if prophecy proc is on crystal, i start by spending all possible arcane missiles procs on that proc, if there are no arcane missiles I try to lure some out with SNova (if only 1 missile procs on 1st nova i use 2nd charge immediately after,if 2 or more prcs  1st spend charges till we are on single proc of missiles and then 2nd doom nova) if still none procs i just spam blasts 'till some AM proc or 'till the end of crystal and then switch back on boss to carry on spamming AB. Now to explain what actually happens when those couple ABs actually proc doom nova on boss, so as i said before we continue to 4 stacks of Charge and hope for at least a single proc of arcane missiles, if that is the case pop CDs, cast missiles and while they are in the air drop crystal next to the boss and start spamming AB on it. Missiles are used as priority during procs of doom nova strictly on a target that has nova on it (unless it's some trash add which will not stand close to anything, but as arcane mage you rarely wanna hit those for exactly that reason)and if there is no doom nova 2nd highest priority target is crystal, if tank suddenly decides to move out of crystal's range, even though it should never happen sometimes does, in that case it'll be a waste of damage and priority should be skipped, 3rd highest priority is any target that you need some damage on and that will not die in next 5 seconds (sometimes that's the amount of time required for last missile to hit the target, but timer should be ignored in some cases when mana is under 90%). I think that's all about burn phase, even if you notice that i forgot something, it's just because i got sidetracked a lot while writing this and i had no clue what i was saying.

Hope you guys will enjoy reading this a much as i enjoyed typing it :)

December 25, 2015, 12:14:13 pm
Reply #3

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 12:14:13 pm »
Probs the most detailed rotation I've seen as a comeback to any application queries.

Good luck on the apply
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

December 25, 2015, 01:57:33 pm
Reply #4

Offline Bendie

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 01:57:33 pm »
correct and very textbook reply. I personally have been mixing it up lately in order to get 800k++ openers. besides gear rly I don't see anything particularly wrong. be aware of the bendiee / mage curse
2016-04-22 04:58:08 [Raid] Bendiee: Neclord placed his balls on my shoulders. i dont have anything against black people. but monkeys do spread aids.

December 25, 2015, 06:20:01 pm
Reply #5

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 06:20:01 pm »
Very detailed indeed, I think we should definitely try you out.

Are you satisfied with his response as well, Atlanteans?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

December 25, 2015, 07:05:51 pm
Reply #6

Offline RomeoMustDie

• Guild Member

• No Pain, No Gain .. !

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 07:05:51 pm »
i already talked with him and liked this guy (no-homo)

just i have one question. Can u TW (BL) before the raid leader enrages ?

gl bro

December 25, 2015, 07:45:42 pm
Reply #7

Atlanteans

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 07:45:42 pm »
Very detailed indeed, I think we should definitely try you out.

Are you satisfied with his response as well, Atlanteans?
Yeah I liked the way he responded, definitely think it warrants a trial

December 25, 2015, 09:48:20 pm
Reply #8

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 09:48:20 pm »
i already talked with him and liked this guy (no-homo)

just i have one question. Can u TW (BL) before the raid leader enrages ?

gl bro

Defo good point, as long as you can handle a dutchy yelling why is there no fucking bloodlust already, for gods sake, than im sure you will be just fine here :)
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

December 26, 2015, 02:37:36 pm
Reply #9

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2015, 02:37:36 pm »
I must say I am quite happy with this application and your explanation to the question given by Atlanteans. Seems like you know your stuff, and it more than warrants a trial.

As it stands we're currently on a break until the 4th and will then do a clear run before resuming progress on Archimonde, so it will be expected that you do know the tactics for the bosses up to and including him for this time. You've already met Bendiee and seen him respond to your application, and he will officially be your "m'RNG"/"m'procs" buddy, and will be there for you to tell you just how much RNG and procs screwed over his or your opening. He has a tendency to bite, so beware.

You can poke me or another officer ingame for an invite  :D
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

December 27, 2015, 07:46:48 am
Reply #10

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 07:46:48 am »
correct and very textbook reply. I personally have been mixing it up lately in order to get 800k++ openers. besides gear rly I don't see anything particularly wrong. be aware of the bendiee / mage curse

Pfff, bitch plx. Once I get my trinket il put u to shame again.

Regarding the app, I think this is the most dreadful coin toss Rash has to make as RL, MORE SERBS! Omg! is he like Munjica! is he like Supre!?!

If he is like Munjica good! He can be tamed ! He can be controlled ! He can be (Sexually?) used !!

But what if he is like Supre! A wild ravenous beast!! no leash can hold him! no promise of grander !  Just a pound of flesh every raid will sate the wild monster !

Will Rash risk it.... will he toss that coin....

/Supremacy goes back into the shadows...

p.s. Good app, I approve.

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall"

December 27, 2015, 01:34:42 pm
Reply #11

Offline Bendie

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2015, 01:34:42 pm »

Pfff, bitch plx. Once I get my trinket il put u to shame again.

seems like grandad is being delusional again.
2016-04-22 04:58:08 [Raid] Bendiee: Neclord placed his balls on my shoulders. i dont have anything against black people. but monkeys do spread aids.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 05:40:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

240 Guests, 0 Users