Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the ToT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Recruiting!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Recruiting!
Apply as a Social member
All are welcome to apply
 Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Frostek (XR)

January 16, 2016, 01:51:07 pm
Read 11675 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Frostek (XR)
« on: January 16, 2016, 01:51:07 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Frostek
Server: Defias Brotherhood
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Defias%20Brotherhood/Frostek/advanced
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

I'm Karl, 26 from the East of England. I am self-employed and my work involves car body restoration, accident repair, body detailing, electronic tracking and engine re-builds. Mainly on Jaguars and the classic minis.

Class/Spec:

I play frost, always played frost when it is viable for current content, and this is how I like to keep it. I had to unfortunately go arcane/fire for BRF because frost was just a no-go area...Sad times.
But as stated if the occasion calls I would change spec, however currently in HFC I see no reason for it.

I will try and not turn this into an essay!
1)I bounce between Evanesce and icy floes purely because of capability and output, both have their strong arguments for certain encounters - Evanesce X'hul, fel chain avoiding and Za'kuun with cavitation. Icy floes - casting when moving, pretty much what it says on the tin. I never take Blazing purely, if i want to move quick, i will double blink or goblin jump!
2)I see these talents as 'best suited to your style of play' I run with flameglow simply because i have previous experience with mechanics in fights and don't need the get out clause provided by the others.
3)Not a lot to say about this tier, take whats best in the situation.
4)I will always run with GI because most of the time i can read the game, I know if I am about to fuck up so i can prepare for it. (well, I like to think so).
5)UM simply because of 4 set and class trinket. However i do use the nova talent for manni to nuke dem imps!
6)RoP is cancer, MI is just not viable, Incanters flow, you could say is lazy, but its still very strong.
7)As a frost mage TV wins outright here.

Alts:

N/A I still have a few chars on kazzak from back in the day.

Professions:

Enchanting
Engineering

Had them since I began playing, engineering goggles are OP on transmog, they look awesome haha.
However they provide good beginning of expansion gear.
Enchanting is well...handy.

Raiding Experience:

This is very hard question to answer without writing a book. I wont go back into heavy detail to the days of yore (TBC,WOTLK,CATA).

My rolls in guilds have been class master, officer, raid leader and a recruiter.

In TBC and WOTLK I was just setting my stride in the raiding world, pretty darn casually. In CATA I began raiding at a higher level. In MoP i really did hit the big one, being the 4th guild to kill Horridon (ToT) in Europe, even in a pic on MMO-champ. The only reason for this is because we began raiding on the Wednesday when the server went up and thats how it happened, but still a worthy brag (i think).
My current progress with this tier is 11/13 M.

Previous Guilds:

Shadows of Darkness - Bronzebeard WOTLK-CATA - Left because the guild fell apart, we got to a pretty high level of play, people migrated to higher level guilds.

Echo Bronzebeard - CATA (DS) - MoP. Cant actually remember why, but I think its because the level of play decreased rapidly because of players leaving and trouble with recruitment.

DnD Kazzak MoP-MoP - These guys were nutters, i joined them for higher level of raiding, which happened, but they began creeping into day raiding and making it far to hard core, just could not keep up with their schedule.

Echo - Kazzak - Echo from BB transferred over and i began raiding with these fellows again - including Shimmar! We had an Xmas break and no one returned, we managed to kill Thok HC (now mythic) then that was it. I took a break after this.

WoD - I have struggled to find a new guild thats suited me since this expansion started. I want what I had back in Echo, friendly atmosphere, good sense of humor with a concentrated focused raid group.

Burning Dawn (my current guild) - The GM's who have ran the guild since Vanilla, out of know where quit the other day! Leaving others in charge who do not want the position, this is causing stress. Not only that but since i joined them, never really felt part of the team.

Availability:

Your raiding schedule is fine. I can only really make time for 2 nights a week.

I am in the process of buying a house, which will have to be furnished, decorated etc. This is happening towards the end of Feb/beginning of March. So I could well be absent for a few raids.

Very occasionally I work away, so i would maybe miss one/two raids in 2-3 month window for example. But I would be able to give plenty of notice for it.

Communication:

All fine.

Computer / Connection:

Cyber power gaming PC, G15 keyboard, logitec G600 mouse.
Connection is fine
FPS rate is fine
No i do not DC often

Addons/UI:

Big Wigs
Weak Aura
Elvui
and a bunch of minor ones.
I do not dare list my keybindings because that list is huge!

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j391/Kmonski/WoWScrnShot_011616_123818_zpsbajww7ue.jpg

Other Games:

Hearthstone
Bioshock franchise
Dishonored
Final Fantasy
Fallout franchise
Witcher 3

Why Iron Edge?

I see you need a mage and to raid with an old pal Shimmar - I am sure he would vouch for me.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Focused, prepared raider who can execute mechanics and put out some good deeps

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

WoW progress and Shimmar.

Last Words?

Why couldn't anyone see the bird????

Because it was in da skies!

January 16, 2016, 03:18:41 pm
Reply #1

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

Re: Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Frostek (XR)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 03:18:41 pm »
Nice app, nice progress, gear is there too.

We just have too many Mages now, a few are trials, so... survival of the fittest I say?

p.s. Sup w/ EVERYONE having the same God damn UI...

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall"

January 16, 2016, 03:51:00 pm
Reply #2

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 03:51:00 pm »
This is the same shimmar that wears manbling, any credibility has been eradicated from his accessory choices....

Good luck on the apply, thok hc, now there was an intriguing fight.
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

January 17, 2016, 12:16:14 am
Reply #3

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 12:16:14 am »
Very nice application and gear indeed!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

January 17, 2016, 01:32:31 pm
Reply #4

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 01:32:31 pm »
Yo, pretty sweet app, Kimmy  :P

I do have quite a bit of experience raiding with this guy and I can safely say that he was one of the best back then. Always pulling the numbers, not making mistakes. Poifect raider. I wouldn't have suggested he applied if I didn't think he would be a great addition to the team.

GL with the app man! xoxo

January 17, 2016, 02:44:49 pm
Reply #5

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 02:44:49 pm »
Hi Karl/Frostek,

Will you know what to do with Shimmar when the time comes?

Tutan

January 17, 2016, 04:11:18 pm
Reply #6

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 04:11:18 pm »
Hiyo!

It's quite the nice application and you have comparable experience and gear to this guild. However, it's interesting to hear that you have found no reason for using Arcane over Frost through HFC. Would you not say that Gorefiend, Socrethar, Tyrant, Zakuun and Archimonde (and even to some extent Mannoroth) would be better handled as Arcane?

Do you happen to have some logs of how you've been doing? Would be interesting to see if you were able to keep up with mages playing Arcane if you had one of those with you.
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

January 17, 2016, 05:59:10 pm
Reply #7

Offline RomeoMustDie

• Guild Member

• No Pain, No Gain .. !

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 05:59:10 pm »
yo Karl,

Thanks for the nice apply. I allways ask one question to mages who apllying our guild.

Is timewarp bind to 'Space' button in ur keybord ?

Thanks,
gl bro

January 17, 2016, 08:33:12 pm
Reply #8

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 08:33:12 pm »
yo Karl,

Thanks for the nice apply. I allways ask one question to mages who apllying our guild.

Is timewarp bind to 'Space' button in ur keybord ?

Thanks,
gl bro
Is this an Auja reference?

Bears like alts!

January 17, 2016, 08:47:10 pm
Reply #9

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 08:47:10 pm »
i kinda agree i dont think arcane is superior that much just depends on burst or sustainable high damage. I have found out burst on arcane mages after arcane power fades so does there dps, whilst frost mages its a regular non stop no drop dps, id say hes a viable option considering looking at his logs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/10803345/latest/#boss=0

Compare bendiees tyrant best to Frosteks.... bendiee basically got wrecked by a frost mage 26k more dps, thats a real shout out.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/99190/latest/#boss=1784

Infact none of our mages bar Kastell at 154k has got near to Frostek on damage for velhaari.

Hell hes got my vote, bring back the frost!!!! I love that spec personally.

[edited name=Vejeta date=1453060123][/edited]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 08:53:44 pm by Vejeta »
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

January 17, 2016, 09:40:32 pm
Reply #10

Offline Vivi

• Guild Member

• Burn for a burn!

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 09:40:32 pm »
Hey hey,

Thanks for the responses. Appreciate you getting back to me. Now to answer some questions!!

Haha, my TW is bound to a keyboard in the attic! One to many times has the finger slipped and hit it!  ;D....(I have a one million button mouse and its G20)

As to Arcane, I think the spec is cancer and will only play it if 100% necessary. As stated its superior on burst, however its not sustainable where as frost is, if frost is played correctly, using FFB and IL procs accordingly to buff timers etc frost pulls ahead. Frost is a lot more movement friendly and does better deeps on the go.

Have a shoot through my logs that Vejeta has provided. I know its only HC but my archi kill finished at 127k dps! That was ranked in the top 100 out of 34,000+ people (though I think its dropped into the 150 now)...I know what i'm doing when it comes to this spec, all about optimization  ;D 

January 17, 2016, 10:01:33 pm
Reply #11

Offline Vivi

• Guild Member

• Burn for a burn!

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 10:01:33 pm »
Hiyo!

It's quite the nice application and you have comparable experience and gear to this guild. However, it's interesting to hear that you have found no reason for using Arcane over Frost through HFC. Would you not say that Gorefiend, Socrethar, Tyrant, Zakuun and Archimonde (and even to some extent Mannoroth) would be better handled as Arcane?

Do you happen to have some logs of how you've been doing? Would be interesting to see if you were able to keep up with mages playing Arcane if you had one of those with you.

Hey Hey

Tyrant is number 1 for frost (and all mages should know this).... Its a pure cleave fight. I messed up my rotation and movement in this encounter, I believe i could hold 160k+ providing i don't get hit to many times with mechanics (artillery and the font).

But I guess the same could be said for me against Za'kuun for running frost instead of arcane, but my numbers still hold up if you compare my damage to your current mages.

Because i'm not at that level of chasing world number 1, frost is without a doubt viable for all encounters.

As for the other boss fights, obviously as you can see they are old logs. I will have to, if possible run a mythic raid from assault to gorefiend! Be interesting to see my figures.

A lot of help comes from the very jizz-tastic weapon i received from X'hul.

January 17, 2016, 10:03:54 pm
Reply #12

Offline Vivi

• Guild Member

• Burn for a burn!

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 10:03:54 pm »
Yo, pretty sweet app, Kimmy  :P

I do have quite a bit of experience raiding with this guy and I can safely say that he was one of the best back then. Always pulling the numbers, not making mistakes. Poifect raider. I wouldn't have suggested he applied if I didn't think he would be a great addition to the team.

GL with the app man! xoxo

Thanks for the love mannnnnn  :P ;D :P ;D

January 18, 2016, 12:16:34 am
Reply #13

Offline Drayne

• Former Member

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 12:16:34 am »

But I guess the same could be said for me against Zakuun for running frost instead of arcane, but my numbers are still way better if you compare my damage to your shitty mages. 

Bendie you going to take that from him?

January 18, 2016, 01:01:09 am
Reply #14

Offline Vivi

• Guild Member

• Burn for a burn!

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2016, 01:01:09 am »

But I guess the same could be said for me against Zakuun for running frost instead of arcane, but my numbers are still way better if you compare my damage to your shitty mages. 

Bendie you going to take that from him?

Haha. I'd like to make it clear I'm not insinuating I'm big cheese, just stating I'm in the same ball park as those as arcane.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 01:09:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

278 Guests, 0 Users