Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the ToT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Recruiting!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Recruiting!
Apply as a Social member
All are welcome to apply
 Mage Filikosmagos Application

December 03, 2006, 11:18:45 pm
Read 8305 times

Offline Filikosmagos

• Former Member

Mage Filikosmagos Application
« on: December 03, 2006, 11:18:45 pm »
Gear: http://ctprofiles.net/2326194

Fire Res: 140 (with talents) - with an Libram of Resilience sitting waiting for a decent pair of legs/hat
Nature Res: 161 with talents - will be 171 once I get my ass to Scholo to final Arcanum mats.  If necessary this will be boosted to 200+ after a few maraudon runs.

Reason for wanting to join: As you probably remember I made the extremely difficult decision of leaving Iron Edge to help out some old buddies from Terra Nova, form the guild Fallen.  Because we are all great friends and in no small part due to the experience you all gave me, I helped them put things into order and guide them through BWL.  Though they are a great, happy group of friends our game styles simply don't fit :(  As I said before I left IE - there is no better way to play this game than to be surrounded by 39 other smart and professional players and raiding the way raids are supposed to be done.  While Fallen are a great bunch of people, what I love most about this game is raiding hard and pushing my skills to the limits by competing with peers.  Iron Edge is ideal in that aspect - a very friendly yet competitive environment.

Reasons for NOT taking me: Blink is still bound to key '1' - screw you guys - it gets me out of more trouble than it puts you in.  I'll compromise though and go on a 1-week blink-training program. ;)

REAL reason for joining: Ever since that fateful Patchwerk attempt I have gone over the maths of that rather...unfortunate accident.  Now, I know it's possible to cross that river without getting my feet wet and not pulling the mobs at the same time.  I think I have it figured out - now I need to put Blink: Plan B into practise. :D

Other facts: As some of you know I have decided to horribly sully my name by rolling a BE Paladin in January.  The reason is the same as always: I am a PvE freak and I really want to be part of a solid team in TBC.  My fear is that most long-established players will be working through the new content with their mains and at best, have a casual paladin alt.  my bigger fear is that a lot of people might see rolling a paladin as a quick-ticket into a good guild - and so getting decent players will be tough.  I love my mage, but 2 years is a lot, and I would really enjoy a hybrid-melee class.  I want to see the content as much as the next guy, but my eyes are set on lvl 70 instances and having a couple of good paladins will make a world of difference.

P.S. Smorisha - I r in your raid group, ninjaing your plate!  And yes - Ashbringer is a Paladin weapon. :D

Raiding times: 18-midnight every weekday.  I can stay longer if necessary, but like you I have a job to go to so I don't want to push it beyond this every day of the week.
Weekends I am free all day.  I like to keep the nights free (22:00 onwards), but I'll happily raid later if necessary.
Who let the Trolls out?!?

December 04, 2006, 12:17:20 am
Reply #1

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
Re: Mage Filikosmagos Application
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 12:17:20 am »
I think it's cute that your current forum rank is 'Former Member'... Wonder if we should have a 'Repeat Customer' forum rank too...

How does Fallen feel about this?

I won't lie - it'll be nice to have you back around these parts... As long as you've fixed your microphone...
Now I run a tech website.

December 04, 2006, 02:05:46 am
Reply #2

crazylock

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 02:05:46 am »
Thunderbluff, Fuck You :(

You left me with no choice but to take your damn portal in IF, Fili!

I still vote for you, but you're on thin ice, my friend.

December 04, 2006, 08:47:00 am
Reply #3

Offline Filikosmagos

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 08:47:00 am »
Well, they're sad to see me go - so far I've only told the officers, but I'll let everyone know that I'll either be leaving the guild or stop raiding.  Though they're sad to see me go, they understand :)  And yeah, mic works fine :)

And crazy: This is the thanks I get for protecting you from a vengeful Galactus?  Blame Blizzard for giving us useless portals :D  Now a portal to kargath - if we had that we wouldn't abuse the system so much...possibly :D

December 04, 2006, 11:32:09 am
Reply #4

Offline Filikosmagos

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 11:32:09 am »
Oh, one more thing: you will notice I didn't mention talents as they will changing on Wednesday (I hope).  I've talked over specs with Shann and the other mages so that isn't a problem.  However, if necessary I can squish some points into improved blizzard (an AoE that will drastically lower mob speed), depending on whether or not you feel this would be helpful on gluth (the zombies are vulnerable to slowing effects).  It's your choice - but if this isn't useful I will simply choose a secondary dmg spell.

December 04, 2006, 03:00:08 pm
Reply #5

Offline lygophilia

• Former Member

• miksoft
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 03:00:08 pm »
definately a positive vote from me :D

<3

-shann, do what u have to do otherwise no PI for u! :P

December 04, 2006, 03:05:05 pm
Reply #6

Offline Shannaro

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 03:05:05 pm »
Hey there filI!

Finally you applied to us ;)

Well basic stuff first. Your gear has gotten pretty awesome lately so thats not a problem.
Experience is good enough , you just have to read a bit about Naxx thats quite all as you experienced up to Patchwerk.

About your talents, yeah the patch on wednesday is coming up so im not suggesting any "MUST HAVE" talents because these are new and _WE_ all must test them before i make any rules.

Thats pretty much it, i talked with you alot about this ingame so i got nothing more to say ;)
Everything was clear already :P

Application Accepted Mr.blink

Will be so nice to have you back ;)

-Shannaro
DELLING SAID I COULDN'T HAVE MORE GIFS!
I AM RAMBO!! \o/
BICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPS!

December 04, 2006, 04:04:39 pm
Reply #7

Offline Filikosmagos

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 04:04:39 pm »
Thanks guys for the support and Shann for accepting - it will be very good to be back indeed!  Tactics have been read - I won't be the one to skip merrily into the oppositely-charged raid group :D  We can fine-tune the tactic details in the crazy mage channel though.  I look forward to some challenging raids :)

December 04, 2006, 05:04:04 pm
Reply #8

Offline Shannaro

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 05:04:04 pm »
Hell yeah dude ;)
DELLING SAID I COULDN'T HAVE MORE GIFS!
I AM RAMBO!! \o/
BICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPS!

December 04, 2006, 06:53:23 pm
Reply #9

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 06:53:23 pm »
U no take plate, u get axe upside da head. Me no liek loladinz rawr!

December 08, 2006, 01:50:55 pm
Reply #10

Offline Vix

• Guild Member

• Quitcount: 2; racking up points yo

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 01:50:55 pm »
OH MY GOD IT'S BLINKY

Even though you've already been accepted onto a trial, I'm still going to recommend you formally. Just because I can.

I was Filikosmagos' Class Leader when he was in Iron Edge. He performed beyond the average mage, and truly amazed me as far as PvE skills go. (although he still had the thing for Blinking...)

So, um, yeah. Shann already knew that anyway.

Grats mate!
Welcome back to the loonhouse.
Read, comprehend, post.

December 08, 2006, 03:01:06 pm
Reply #11

Offline Filikosmagos

• Former Member

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 03:01:06 pm »
Wow, thx a lot Vix - you don't know how disappointed I was to hear you went casual.  The mages seem really strong in IE now (stronger than back when I was a member perhaps?), so I'm really happy for the competition - it really boosts your skills when you play next to leet players.  Working around the new talents is a really interesting time for us mages and I'm sorely missing our discussions - I could use really use some Naxx test runs with you.

P.S. I solved the blinking problem!  We went patchy last night and reached the river...as if God was giving me a sign, the message
"Delling has gone offline"appeared on my screen.  So, I zoom in and out, calculating the width and distance of the river.  You should have seen the most beautifully executed blink any mage has ever done.  I appeared 1cm away from the river on the other side, safe from slime, safe from mobs!

Matt: "BAD FILI!!!!!"

Shann was just laughing his ass off then told me NEVER to do it again...I won't...I promise ;)

December 08, 2006, 03:21:43 pm
Reply #12

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 03:21:43 pm »
I accept payment in the form of gold, potions, or cute girlfriends.
Now I run a tech website.

December 10, 2006, 03:03:28 pm
Reply #13

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006, 03:03:28 pm »
... or cute girlfriends.

I hear our favourite "I ZAP U @ THADDIUZ" priest has an available and loose sister?
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 07:15:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

257 Guests, 0 Users