Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the ToT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Recruiting!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Recruiting!
Apply as a Social member
All are welcome to apply
 Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Silverlane

April 09, 2020, 02:52:22 am
Read 3901 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Silverlane
« on: April 09, 2020, 02:52:22 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Silverlane
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Silverlane
Class/Spec: Shaman (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

My Name is Nick, 26 years old and live in the Netherlands. I graduated from my Communication & Multimedia Design Bachelor and looking for a job now (but hard in corona crisis you know :)) Next to that i work as a department manager in a local supermarket to grab some money. My afterhours i like to spend keeping fit by fitness, or snowboarding in the winter and ofcourse play WoW or other games like CoD, LoL or CSGO.

Class/Spec:

I play Elemental mostly. It is my main spec, and has been for years. I've played resto and enhance on and off, but liked elemental the most (since i prefer ranged dps in general). My ilvl fluctuates between 470 en 473 depending on corruptions and stats for aoe or single target.

As a elemental shaman i pretty much go for vers = crit > haste >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mastery >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> int. What stats i need at the moment i will find out by simming stat weights. Rotation wise i follow icy veins rotations, and practice on dummy. Pretty much keep flame shock up, totems up, lava burst prio, dump maelstrom into earth shock or earthquake 2+ targets. fill with lightning bolts or frost shocks. Too long to write out completaly ;p I'm pretty sure my rotation is pretty optimized looking at my logs and what wowanalyzer is telling me.

Alts:

I don't have any 120 alts on Kazzak since i started there just like a year ago. I do have a shaman which i raided on before this one on Wildhammer. Silverlane-Wildhammer is the char.

Professions:

I don't use professions alot, but i have maxed out alchemy and herbalism. Use alchemy to keep my bags stacked with pots, flasks for raid :)

Raiding Experience:

I have never really raided Cutting Edge since on Wildhammer there is only 1 guild that gets cutting edge every patch, which is bleached bones. When i came to kazzak i hopped into some mediocre guilds trying to get some mythic kills, but at this point im stuck on 5/6-12M. My logs and knowledge show that i'm capable to play at a high level, also my learning curve and level of doing tactics is pretty high.

Previous Guilds:

Currently in fractured-kazzak. Haven't left yet, but the reverse progress (stuck on bosses that we have killed before) is killing me. Best guild i've been in was Red Suns on the realm Wildhammer. I left them because some of my friends went to Kazzak instead to find some more crowded realm.

Availability:

I work mostly evenings. But they fluctuate, the evenings i work are mostly till 21:30. As of now, mondays are always my free evenings. en thursday on and off (might be able to fix to get thursdays free).

Communication:

My English is good enough since i talk english quite alot, watch most of the movies without subs, talk english in school etc. I don't have teamspeak, but can offcourse install when needed. Working microphone and not afraid to use it :)

Computer / Connection:

My computer is a few years old, but still rocking a gtx 1060, 16gb ram, so more than enough. also usual ping is around 8-12ms. so should be fine :)

Addons/UI:

DBM: Raidawareness
Weakaura's: Proc/raid/mechanics awareness
Eyes: Best awareness
Brain: More awareness

https://imgur.com/a/Y2jwCXs
I got most of my spells binded, For some reason i cant get used to macro'ing things like condensed life force etc. but i work my way around it.

Other Games:

CoD, LoL, CSGO, Planet zoo with the GF :D

Why Iron Edge?

The hours of Iron Edge suit me, the description of the wowprogress page appealed to me. Especially the fact that you guys are so tight, and long lasting.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

My Humour, fun to talk with and offcourse my expertise in the shaman class. Also i'm a logwhore, so i analyse my logs and when im bored i analyse others' logs in the hope to find things they could improve on. Will ofcourse communicate this with officers if its allowed or not.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I found your wowprogress page between all the others and decided to fill this in :)

Last Words?

2:51 in the night. Time to grab some sleep. I'm not open for a social spot, since i want to raid mythic, but i hope to get a hold of you guys in a few days! Goodnight!

April 13, 2020, 02:50:15 pm
Reply #1

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

Re: Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Silverlane
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 02:50:15 pm »
Hiyo Silverlane,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. You've written a good application so I would like to offer you a trial for our raiding team to see how you fare with us. You can poke me or any other officer in-game for an invite  :D

Also check out this thread for any information in regards to raiding with us.
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

April 15, 2020, 01:15:29 pm
Reply #2

Offline Silverlane

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Silverlane
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 01:15:29 pm »
Hello Moon!

Thanks for the reply, i'm also a bit late on the reply ;) Tonight i'll check if someone is online to grab an invite!

Greetings,
Silverlane

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 09:26:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

231 Guests, 0 Users