Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the ToT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Recruiting!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Recruiting!
Apply as a Social member
All are welcome to apply
 TOT Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Inshabel

January 03, 2023, 01:52:41 pm
Read 4108 times

Applicant

TOT Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Inshabel
« on: January 03, 2023, 01:52:41 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a TOT Raider.

Character: Inshabel
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Inshabel
Class/Spec: Warlock (DPS)
Member Type: TOT Raider

Personal Info:

Hi, I'm Jasper, a 37 year old IT guy from the Netherlands, I'm married and have 2 smol kids. In my spare time I game a lot, either on PC, PS5, Switch or my most recent addition, a Steamdeck, when I'm not playing WoW I'm usually playing some other online game with my friends (who are sadly not interested in WoW) I also love snowboarding and usually take a trip to Austria every year.

Class/Spec:

I'm pretty easygoing on spec choice, in SL for example I played Affliction in S1, Demo in S2 and Destro in S3 and 4, I enjoy all 3 of them so I usually just play what is considered "best" for the content I'm doing, but I have no problem switching to fill a niche (for example currently I do M+ as Demo, but if we're doing Temple I'll probably play Destro for a second dispell)

Alts:

I have an Evoker that's kinda lingering in Valdrakken, I might level that up at some point, but I usually only focus on my Warlock to have more time for other games and family.

Professions:

I have Enchanting and Engineering, Enchanting has always been useful to me, but I didn't take Engineering until we were raiding BWD in Cata and the only way to repair was to run out and mount up, so the guild I was in paid for me to switch to engineering so I could use Jeeves (we had 0 other engineers) since then I've just kept it for the fun toys, although DF has been a bit of a letdown in that regard.

Mythic+ Experience:

I first started raiding in Molten Core, back then I was working nightshifts so I couldn't commit to any good guilds, we never got past Broodlord in BWL, things picked up in TBC where I got Champion of the Naaru and Hand of A'dal, our first Illidan kill was such a rush. Since then I've raided almost every tier, skipping a few (ToC due to boredom, last 2 tiers of Legion and half of Nya'lotha, both due to kids being born, I also didn't do much beyond getting Fated Hero in S4 of SL due to guild losing interest) we were a 1 day a week guild, so we always got Curve, but normally didn't go much beyond about 4/5 mythic bosses.

Previous Guilds:

I'm pretty loyal and I've been playing with mostly the same set of people for years in different guild setups, currently however some of my friends quit and others have moved on to more "hardcore" guilds and I don't really care to raid more then 1 night a week. So I'm currently the GM of what's left over of my current guild (A Happy Accident) but I don't have the motivation for recruitment or raidleading and all the other officers have moved on, so it's time to look for greener pastures.

Availability:

I'm working from home 3 days a week, so I'm usually on during the day a lot, next to my dailies/weeklies I'll usually sneak in a few keys during work hours as well. I like knocking out my "chores" first thing so I'm often online in the morning, but if someone's throwing a group together later in the say I'll still pop on for that.

Communication:

Yes English is the main language at my work, and I've been talking English online for years as well, I do have Discord, a mic, and I'm not afraid to use it!

System / Connection:

My system is from 2017, so it wont play WoW at max settings anymore but it's still serviceable, I'm on a fibre connection so it's quite stable and fast, usually my MS is below 10.

Addons/UI:

I don't see anywhere to post a screenshot, but I can provide it on the forum or on discord if needed. my UI and Unitframes are mostly ElvUI, Details for damage meter, Big/Littlewigs for raids and dungeon warnings (and usually a WA pack to complement that) I use Kalamazi's Warlock Weakauras to keep track of my cooldowns and such, and Plater for more detailed nameplates (buff/debuff tracking etc) most of my keybinds are hidden in combat so I don't get tempted to look at them instead of my WA's.

Other Games:

I'm currently playing GoW: Ragnarok on PS5, and when I'm gaming with my friends we're currently playing Warhammer 40k: Darktide, before that we played a little OW2 but Blizzard seems hellbent on putting it in the ground... in previous years we played Rainbow 6 Siege and Hell Let Loose.

Why Iron Edge?

My current guild is dead, and I don't have the motivation to revive it, so I've been on the lookout for a new home and when a friend linked me your profile on Wowprogress and I saw your ToT raid, that really appealed to me, I can't raid 3 nights a week anymore, and most raid starttimes conflict with my children's bedtimes, but 20:30 is perfect for me, I've always liked just playing 1 night a week and just giving it my best while still having fun with some likeminded people, and I've been missing that since DF launched, you seem like a tightknit community so I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring!

What I can offer Iron Edge:

I can offer a decently experienced Warlock player with a positive outlook, I don't mind getting benched every once in a while, or wiping for a bit, and I have the perseverance to get things done!  

Where I heard about Iron Edge:

A friend who knew I was looking around linked my your profile on wowprogress.

Last Words:

Thanks for your time reading this, and I hope you'll consider me!

January 04, 2023, 07:59:39 pm
Reply #1

Offline kodin

• Officer

Re: TOT Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Inshabel
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 07:59:39 pm »
Hi Inshabel,

nice app

Unfortunately the ToT Raid is currently full, so i cannot offer you a trial with the raid.

If you are interested I'd like to offer you a social spot within the guild

Kodin

January 05, 2023, 07:09:24 am
Reply #2

Offline Inshabel

• Vendor Trash

Re: TOT Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Inshabel
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 07:09:24 am »
Hi Kodin,

That's a shame, but thanks for the offer, I just might take you up on that.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 04:29:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

254 Guests, 0 Users